BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-23-2018, 12:04 AM

Default BetterLateThanNever

Ok, lets try this logging thing.....can't hurt right?!?

Started RFL as Cat 3, Female, 43 (argh), 5'4.5 (the extra half inch makes all the difference). No idea about starting weight as I had a horribly excessive month long ice cream binge and was terrified to get on the scale. Official starting weight taken on the 3rd day on RFL (April 13th):

185.2lbs

So I'm sure I was well over 190lbs......oh my.

Today is the 22nd and have weighed in at 177lbs for 3 days in a row now so thinking a whoosh might be on its way!

Staying in the 550-650 cal range.......I'm not sure why but I can't seem to get much lower, and most days I go up to 10 grams over on protein. But I am ok with that.......having no issues sticking to it so far!

Beach wedding in 2 1/2 weeks so hoping to lose as much as possible, then take a week off while on vacation......then back to it as soon as I'm home.

And.......that's it for now!
Unread 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM

Hello
Good job so far, keep it up!
What are you doing exercise/free meal/refeed wise?
I don't recall the guidelines for cat 3

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 04-25-2018, 04:59 PM

Hi alaloum! I get 2 free meals a week, doesn't feel like a necessity but I did take one last week and might take one tomorrow.....I am at work this month out in the bush, I sit in front of a computer and microscope all day so get less "normal daily activity" than most probably do. So I try to get 20 minutes of cardio daily, and 3x a week weights. The good thing is I don't eat the camp food, I bring my own.....makes it wayyyyyy easier to stay on track, if I don't bring junk it isn't here to eat! I did have half a chocolate bar and stashed the other half in my freezer for this week, I am kinda saving it until I hit the "I need to eat chocolate or I will cry or hurt someone" hormonal cycle hits, that's probably when the free meal is a good idea

Bounced around the last few days between 176-177, then this morning

Whoosh! haha

Soooo hoping to be into the 160s by our trip. Well weight doesn't really matter as much as fitting in to shorts and bathing suits but on this diet more weight dropped = more fat dropped so it's all the same for me right now.

Think I'll jump right back on after we get back........it'll be 9 or 10 days off, that's close enough to a 2 week break, and I should be able to go another 6 weeks +.......we will see where I am when I get back. According to the RFL calculator I should be cat 2 in another 12 pounds so yay!! End goal is really just to make it to cat 1. I have no need or inclination (at this early point) to be super lean.........but I haven't been under 25% since I was a kid I'm sure, so as of right now that's my eventual aim.
Unread 04-27-2018, 07:21 PM

Still feeling great! Today marks two weeks since I got on the scale to start (16 days since I actually started RFL tho) and I'm down 11 pounds in that 14 days, and about an inch and a half off my waist (only measurement I took). Weight was up at little yesterday morning, took my free meal last night, and today I was at 174.0 (and the scale kept bouncing down but finally settled here). Looks like I'll be heading home in a few days so have to keep strong, being limited to the food I brought with me sure helped keep me on track for the past couple weeks.......I think I'll be fine though. I'm feeling good, minimal hunger and cravings, and I KNOW I get a free meal in a week (or earlier if necessary!) and I think that's what is making this easier......if I "slip up" I can take a free meal and it's PART of the diet, not "I screwed up might as well eat a billion calories of pure junk". Kinda like when I quit smoking. I had them with me, told myself if I NEEDED one they were there, and then I didn't feel I needed one. Huh.