BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-07-2018, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taytay100 View Post
Thanks for this.

In your opinion though do you not find it a bit strange that I addressed the issue with a 10 day diet break and then when I go back to hard dieting my weight immediately jacks up and I look like a whale. It feels like I was destined to fall at the first hurdle
Take a couple month break.

I did the same thing as you for about two years, with high activity and a restrictive diet. I had to go on hormone medication for two years after that. But things didn't start to turn around until I just let go of being stubborn about my diet/lifestyle and put on 10 - 15 lbs.

Take a couple months off, put on some weight, lift heavier, enjoy yourself. Then re-evaluate.
Unread 05-07-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
Take a couple month break.

I did the same thing as you for about two years, with high activity and a restrictive diet. I had to go on hormone medication for two years after that. But things didn't start to turn around until I just let go of being stubborn about my diet/lifestyle and put on 10 - 15 lbs.

Take a couple months off, put on some weight, lift heavier, enjoy yourself. Then re-evaluate.
Thanks for this. I really appreciate it. I would kind of like to avoid the part where I’m gaining 10-15 lbs lol. I guess it will come in the form of glycogen and fat considering how deprived I’ve been so no way to really avoid it. Il just try my best to mitigate it. Looks like a im going against the grain and bulking for summer!
Unread 05-07-2018, 09:53 AM

So this question seems relevant but what's your age/height/weight/BF%?
Unread 05-07-2018, 10:21 AM

15% ish. 23 y/o and Iím 178cm. 173lbs
Unread 05-07-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
15% ish. 23 y/o and Iím 178cm. 173lbs
Hmm.

For comparison by the time things went south for me I was <10%, 156 lbs. at 5'9". Spent two years <10% trying to continuously go lower and just ended up losing muscle.

Currently ~15% at 174 lbs. and my blood work numbers are still great.

I would definitely still take a long break though.
Unread 05-07-2018, 01:29 PM

Yeah definitely. I think Iíve put continuous stress on my body regardless of BF
Unread 05-19-2018, 06:27 AM

whats happened to me these past few weeks is almost indescribable and i'm pretty certain only a handful of people can relate.

As i've ranted on before about my constant battle with fluid retention through excessive dieting i finally took it upon myself thanks to the advice from many of you to take an extended diet break. Im undecided how long it will last. perhaps two months.. but yeah, i'm on like week 3 or 4 and whats happened in these weeks have been shocking. Every single day.. and when i say every day i mean EVERY SINGLE DAY.. i've been losing half a pound on the scale and its noticeable in the mirror. I've been winging maintenance and sometimes eating in a surplus. A lot of pizza and alcohol. But yeah, i'm not joking. i've been doing this for 24 days now and i kid you not, every single day has resulted in weight coming off the scale. This is a very surreal experience. its as if my months of hard work and seeing no results has decided to show. I've never seen anything like this. I've always read articles and personal experiences about whooshes and how someone would maintenance for a day and get a big drop the next morning, but this is something quite extraordinary.
Unread 05-19-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
whats happened to me these past few weeks is almost indescribable and i'm pretty certain only a handful of people can relate.

As i've ranted on before about my constant battle with fluid retention through excessive dieting i finally took it upon myself thanks to the advice from many of you to take an extended diet break. Im undecided how long it will last. perhaps two months.. but yeah, i'm on like week 3 or 4 and whats happened in these weeks have been shocking. Every single day.. and when i say every day i mean EVERY SINGLE DAY.. i've been losing half a pound on the scale and its noticeable in the mirror. I've been winging maintenance and sometimes eating in a surplus. A lot of pizza and alcohol. But yeah, i'm not joking. i've been doing this for 24 days now and i kid you not, every single day has resulted in weight coming off the scale. This is a very surreal experience. its as if my months of hard work and seeing no results has decided to show. I've never seen anything like this. I've always read articles and personal experiences about whooshes and how someone would maintenance for a day and get a big drop the next morning, but this is something quite extraordinary.
I know you have completely ignored everything I have said in this thread but maybe this is a time where you can reflect on your eating habits and take a more flexible dieting approach. If you avoid the extremes of hard dieting you can probably avoid the extremes of bingeing hard as well, and then you might be able to maintain a healthy and aesthetically pleasing weight without the serious struggle you seem to have been putting into it over the past few years. Good luck.