BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-26-2018, 07:02 PM

Default RFL Cat 3 - Daily Log

I've let myself go badly over the last couple of years and I'm ready to get back to the grind.

I have used RFL successfully before so I know what I'm getting myself into and simply prefer to use this method than any other diet plan. Ultimately, I'd rather suffer more now and get it over with than diet sensibly and it take ages.

Current Stats:
Male
5"10
222.8 lbs
29.2% BF
Category 3

Target Weight:
170 lbs

Weight Loss Required:
52.8 lbs

I realise this is a lot of weight to lose but I have used RFL to diet from 220 lbs - 162 lbs in the past and it went well.

I deviate somewhat from Lyle's advice and take in most of my protein via whey protein shakes. I appreciate that this isn't ideal according to the book and I recommend that others use whole food. The reason I do this is because I find myself more hungry when eating small amounts than when I drink shakes. It's just a personal preference.

I follow Lyle's guidelines in regards to supplementation and free meal/refeeds when applicable.

I will post photo updates, including my starting photos, every 10 lbs lost. Thanks for reading and I hope to see you in the thread.

Day 1
Weight: 222.8
Unread 11-27-2018, 03:48 AM

Day 2

Weight: 228 (-0.8)
Total loss (-0.8 lbs)

BF: 28.8% (-0.4)
Total BF loss: (-0.4%)

Although yesterday was classed as day 1 because I weighed in and created this thread, I wasn't actually on the diet. I had decided to start the diet late in the afternoon and was ready to go so just got the thread started. I guess technically this is day 1, but here we go.

BF measurements are taken from my scale. These won't be totally accurate but I have found them at the very least to be consistent so I am going to track the trend.
Unread 11-28-2018, 05:38 AM

Day 3

Weight: 220 (-2)
Total loss (-2.8 lbs)

BF: 28.4% (-0.4)
Total BF loss: (-0.8%)

Feeling good so far. As I'm getting my protein from whey I think it's important to make sure I'm having vegetables after my shakes to keep me feeling full. I bought some microwavable bags of cabbage which are ideal as I actually really like it. I just stick the entire bag (60 cals) in the microwave, throw on some salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and soy sauce and it's done.

Also, I noticed I'd made a typo in yesterday's weigh in. It should have read 222 rather than 228 but I can no longer edit it.
Unread 11-29-2018, 05:13 AM

Day 4

Weight: 217.4 (-2.6)
Total loss (-5.4 lbs)

BF: 28.0% (-0.4)
Total BF loss: (-1.2%)

I'm really pleased to see the scale weight dropping so quickly. A lot of it will be water but it's encouraging nonetheless.

I've not really suffered with hunger yet other than standard food cravings in the evening that go away after a while. I struggled to sleep last night though which is something that's happened to me on RFL at times in the past. I only managed to sleep for around 2 hours so today is going to suck. For that reason, I'm going to have my first free meal today. I'm not entirely sure what it will be but I am currently craving a peanut butter and jam (jelly) bagel so I may opt for that.
Unread 12-01-2018, 03:27 AM

Day 5

I didn't weigh in because I woke up feeling very thirsty and drank a large amount of water before thinking about what I was doing.

I had a free meal late in the evening on day 4 of pizza. The entire thing came in at around 800 calories. Back to RFL today and although I felt a lot of cravings, the hunger was bearable.

Day 6

Weight: 217.8 (+0.4)
Total loss (-5 lbs)

BF: 28.0% (-0)
Total BF loss: (-1.2%)
Unread 12-02-2018, 02:17 PM

Day 7

Weight: 215.8 (-2)
Total loss (-7 lbs)

BF: 27.6% (-0.4)
Total BF loss: (-1.6%)

Feeling good with the progress I've made so far. Today, I have been out at a sporting event so have taken my free meal. Being totally honest, it's been more of a cheat meal kind of day so I'm expecting a jump on the scale. However, this isn't something I'll be dealing with again for a couple of week so I am tempted to just have one free meal next week to make up for it.
Unread 12-04-2018, 01:53 PM

Day 8

I didn't weigh in because I'd had a large meal the night before so figured the scale weight didn't really need to be known so as to not discourage me.

Day 9

Weight: 217 (+1.2)
Total loss (-5.8 lbs)

BF: 27.8% (+0.2)
Total BF loss: (-1.4%)

A good day of RFL in the books but weight is up after the over the top free meal day. I feel fine about it, and as I write this it's coming to the end of the day here in the UK so that's another successful RFL day done. Hoping to see a new low weigh in tomorrow, or at least close.
Unread 12-05-2018, 05:57 AM

Day 10

Weight: 214.8 (-2.2)
Total loss (-8 lbs)

BF: 27.4% (-0.4)
Total BF loss: (-1.8%)

It seems I'm finally letting go of the water gain from Sunday's meals. Feeling really good at the moment and looking forward to seeing a total loss of 10lbs over the next few days.

One annoying thing is the metallic taste I have in my mouth that just won't go away. I mask it with sugar-free gum but it's still there even after I brush my teeth.
Unread 12-09-2018, 04:25 AM

Just a quick check in. I am still going strong. Had a few stressful busy days recently, but will be back to logging in the next day or so.