BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-06-2014, 10:14 PM

Default Weak after Refeed

I had two large vietnamese legmongrass chicken plates followed by whey protein, but feel week after a little refeed. Like my nervous system is drained, is there any knowledge on this issue if it's common or not?

I usually feel good a few days after the refeed but not always.
Unread 10-06-2014, 10:42 PM

It's too anecdotal.
Unread 10-06-2014, 10:50 PM

How long have you been dieting? At what deficit are you dieting at? What is your current BF % and from where did you start? What were the macros of refeed?

Not that it likely has any correlation in this case - but for fulfilling what a refeed is designed to do: keep carbs high and fats low.

Your "refeed" sounded like a protein splooge with more protein. However, doubt that has anything to do with why you are feeling "weak"
Unread 10-06-2014, 11:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix terra View Post
I had two large vietnamese legmongrass chicken plates followed by whey protein, but feel week after a little refeed. Like my nervous system is drained, is there any knowledge on this issue if it's common or not?

I usually feel good a few days after the refeed but not always.
What?
Unread 10-07-2014, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenDilemma View Post
How long have you been dieting? At what deficit are you dieting at? What is your current BF % and from where did you start? What were the macros of refeed?

Not that it likely has any correlation in this case - but for fulfilling what a refeed is designed to do: keep carbs high and fats low.

Your "refeed" sounded like a protein splooge with more protein. However, doubt that has anything to do with why you are feeling "weak"
around 3 months or so, i do refeeds from time to time but i feel weak the next day or two. i restrict at around 700-500kcals deficit on the daily, refeeding once every week or week and a half.

I'm guessing my current bf to be 16 percent perhaps, i can sort of see my abs if i jiggle my stomach lol. I calculated my macros for the refeed to be 770kcals per plate, so 1540, plus a protein smoothie to be around 550, plus 4 slices of Ezekiel bread with butter.

It was on an off training day, i trained the day before and i was fine, however i didn't over do myself on volume or intensity so i'm not sure if it was some kind of CNS fatigue or what.

If i diet for a long time or even fast for 20 hours, near the 15 hour limit i do get hungry obviously but my performance and alertness seems to improve. I don't this often as i will need to eat and don't want to feel like i'm starving all the time. Also at the end of the day even if i lose weight i would lose strength and power in the lifts.

regardless of what my macros are on my refeeds, if i go around 2300-3000kcals or so i will feel weak, sore joints the following day or training session. I'm 5'8 173-176lbs at the moment. earlier this summer i was 188-190lbs.
Unread 10-07-2014, 07:54 AM

Not much can be said. There could be plenty of reasons as to why you are feeling that.

However, you are not refeeding properly. Do a search on how to do it. Main site as well as this forum.

And, you also should do a search on what a diet break is. Perhaps its time for one.
Unread 10-08-2014, 01:53 AM

yeah, all i know from a big refeed is that i usually blow up 8-11lbs off of 3000-3500kcals and takes a week to drop all the water weight. I must be underestimating the sodium in the restaurant foods in the area i live in lol.

Usually after refeeds i feel like crap and my body feels heavy and lethargic, on fasted state, say around 14 hour mark i feel pretty good.
Unread 10-08-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
yeah, all i know from a big refeed is that i usually blow up 8-11lbs off of 3000-3500kcals and takes a week to drop all the water weight. I must be underestimating the sodium in the restaurant foods in the area i live in lol.

Usually after refeeds i feel like crap and my body feels heavy and lethargic, on fasted state, say around 14 hour mark i feel pretty good.
Sounds like you don't respond to the refeeds very well. What is your bodyfat at? Have you considered that maybe the carbs are too high for you (at the moment)? Maybe try breaking up your refeed into several smaller meals rather than eating 2 large plates. Maybe the restaurant food has more calories than you think. Just some things to consider... Read some of the carb articles on the site, they can help you find a good ratio.
Unread 10-08-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vv1 View Post
Sounds like you don't respond to the refeeds very well. What is your bodyfat at? Have you considered that maybe the carbs are too high for you (at the moment)? Maybe try breaking up your refeed into several smaller meals rather than eating 2 large plates. Maybe the restaurant food has more calories than you think. Just some things to consider... Read some of the carb articles on the site, they can help you find a good ratio.
I'm guessing 18 percent is my current bodyfat, i'm not sure i haven't done any bodyfat readings as of late.
Unread 10-14-2014, 12:53 AM

well i ate 1400 more kcals then my previous refeed in what was two huge burgers and basmati rice with two steaks, and things went good the following day. I suppose it is the excessive carbs or not enough kcals i was eating that wasn't allowing me to recover properly. I also dropped more lbs so i supposed it's figured out. Although i did consume almost 130 grams of fat. So i am not sure what to make of it all.