BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-06-2014, 11:29 AM
johnritter

Default cheap grocery shopping (UK)

Hey everyone

I was just wondering where do you do your shopping for staple foods like meat and veg (fresh and frozen) for the best prices? or do you think it varies?

I live in the UK and everyone is going crazy over aldi and lidl. I usually use lidl and farmfoods both for meat and veg and ASDA for other stuff i can get like stock cubes and stuff, unfortunately i dont have aldi near me. My diet keto/very low carb diet includes a lot of lamb and beef frying steak.
Unread 09-06-2014, 12:14 PM

Lidl is definitely the cheapest store we've got in Finland. Aldi was the cheapest store in Australia when I lived there. I reckon the german stores are cheap there too since everything made in the UK tends to be super expensive.

My dear diary log, Starting November 2015
UD2 log January-March 2014 ; Random updates
Unread 09-07-2014, 12:31 AM

Morrisons, Iceland and even Tesco can have deals as good as or better than Lidl/Aldi. People say good things about meat-shopping at Morrisons in particular.

I shopped in Lidl long before it became "the thing", just because it was local/whatever. I never really appreciated just how much cheaper it was than e.g. Sainsbury before I moved area. I was like woah, seriously? Prices for many items are just extortionate these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacfa
since everything made in the UK tends to be super expensive.
This is true. And people are fixated on brands, so the prices stay high. The fault lies in the population.
Unread 09-07-2014, 06:49 AM
johnritter

yeah sainsburys is ridiculously expensive, and this somewhat intrigues me. What do you think of the quality of thier meat?. I know this sounds cliche but for meat to be at the price they sell it HAS to be because their quality is superior?

At the moment ASDA have a deal on chicken breast, farmfoods on lamb chops and morrisons on mince beef...maddening as it means to get the cheapest meat its a visit to 3 different supermarkets! seeing as though i eat close to 500g-1kg of meat a day its a significant saving.