BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-01-2016, 09:43 AM

Default Ud 2.0 endurance and weight training

Hi.
I am new and i write from spain.
I am 31years 177 x 78.5 kg at 12 bf (dexa scan i m oncolgist and i have acces to it). I train since i was 16 (main weight sprint and or long run). Nowadays i have 140 rm squat and 110 bench. Last years an half maraton in 94 min.

Last year to prepare HM i lost a lot of lean mass than i recovered it. My next goal (in the next 6 week) is to loss fat to reach 8% but still train endurance (and especially forcing to use fat as fuel). Briefly i want to do a ud.2 but have some question in order to put in the training.
In ud.2.0 the endurance version is pratically "weight free" and the idea to put every high intensity work 3 day straight ( a very nice idea for a lot of professional) in my case mean injury or loss of performance.
So my idea was
Day 1: running at 85% max heart rate (to deplete glicogen) for 60 90 min. Than a body weight circuit (dip chin up handstand push up).
Calory 1500. Carb 50 gr.
Day 2: depletion training like in the book. No variation (may reduce leg if sore)
Calory the same.
Day 3: long run at 70 max hr to fat loss. Calory the same
Day 4: sprint training or short intervak (400 m with 120'' rest) is the more accepted way to deplete before recharge carbo.
Tension training like in the book except may be less leg training
Day 5 a 7 i have some doubt expecially because day 7 is very hard at work (8 to 20 working)
First option
5. Carb load. But i put tempo run (run at half marathon pace. Max 10 km. Very low glycogen utilization). Probably i increase calorie in this day
Day 6. Nornal eating. Power wo.
Day 7. Rest. Carb 150. Calorie at 10% less

Second option is to train day 6 both (tempo run and power)

Some advice?
Thanks.
Unread 11-06-2016, 11:12 AM

Again...i tryed to do power workout and high intensity run and i get injuried (low back pain).
So again some advice to the last part of ud 2.0? For the results after 2 week i lost 1 kg. I apreciate any advice thanks
Unread 11-06-2016, 11:54 AM
Banned

It's been asked a million times. The answer, however, has never changed. Either do it exactly as described in the book or do a different diet. Right now, you're making up your own routine and therefore it's not UD2.0 anymore. It will not work as expected and will not give you the same results.
Unread 11-06-2016, 01:53 PM

there's a thread or two on here about the endurance variation. let me see if i can pull them up.
Unread 11-06-2016, 01:58 PM

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=17654
i think there's a full detail in there somewhere of the cycle he ran

http://www.lylemcdonald.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2928

another detail of a cycle but not much feedback on how it went
Unread 11-06-2016, 02:00 PM

but i agree with semi-partial-- if your work schedule or training history precludes you from doing the diet as laid out in the book (or at least with minimal modifications) it's best to find something else
Unread 11-07-2016, 06:17 AM

I know results could be different but:
1.Diet is not different
2. Training difference is in one day of depletion in which i use a method who can give even a better result in overall glycogen depletion and in a day of high intensity running (it could hamper results but i don't think it could destroy totally the program)
3. In the book you have an endurance variations in which weight are not included. I think it could be a good advice for every endurance and weight trainers to include a variation in which endurance and resistance training are impleted (50% 50%).
4. Results are pretty good even with that problem:
1 kg loss. 5"/km faster at the same % of max heart rate, ab visibility is improved mood is fine.

Last edited by tyler163 : 11-07-2016 at 06:22 AM.