BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-01-2018, 05:21 PM

Default Help me recover better please

I train Karate, and for reasons I can't control atm, I can arrive to the Dojo only at two consecutive days which are meant for two different groups. The Sensei prefers me to arrive at this non-ideal training pattern than to come just once a week. but that means, I train two days back to back, with two different groups.

that means at day 1 i can work legs (kicks, jumps, more kicks, blocks, sprints, etc) and at day 2 i can work legs again, because the 2'd day is meant for another group that last trained 3 days ago. that happens with more than just legs, it happens with pretty much every muscle group. 1'st workout is a blast, 2'nd workout is usually miserable. not always, because they're not always set out to align the same focus for the same muscle group. but even if they aren't, can still feel the toll of training hard two days at a row.

been training like this for 3 weeks now, and its not about to change anytime soon. so how can i minimize the misery? will i adapt to this in a few weeks? is there anything i can do to maximize recovery within 24 hours?
Unread 03-01-2018, 06:52 PM

Sleep and calories (esp carbs) #1 and 2 in my book
Unread 03-01-2018, 10:56 PM

RIght.... I have a month old baby. I can't even spell sluup right. calories are nooo problem though. would things like stretching & warming the muscles help?
Unread 03-02-2018, 01:10 AM

Best thing for you would probably be to quit your present class and switch to something more energy building than energy depleting. If there's too much adrenaline spiking going on, of course you're going to wear yourself down eventually and overstress your systems. It also means they're probably doing things back to front.
Unread 03-02-2018, 04:17 AM

I gave some strategies in this thread:

https://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34433

But as w1cked said, good sleep is the key basically. If you can't get at least 6 hours of proper sleep, don't even bother with training the next day.
Unread 03-02-2018, 05:09 AM

Second both the other posters. I think my kid took till 10 or 12 months to sleep through the night you probably should reduce stressors till then
Unread 03-02-2018, 06:19 AM

You just need to learn to get in better touch with your chi when you meditate, grasshopper.
Unread 03-03-2018, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
You just need to learn to get in better touch with your chi when you meditate, grasshopper.

you mean... like drinking beer?
Unread 03-03-2018, 02:46 AM

thank you all for your responses. I'll take your advice and drop one of the sessions to avoid a burnout.