BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > The Protein Book
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-24-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
Is there any benefit to using straight-up MPI versus a mixture of 20/80 whey and casein I mixed myself?

I've been purchasing ON whey and casein (both chocolate) separately and mixing them at home in different ratios. If the OP can't stomach casein or MPI alone, maybe he/she can at least mix a 50/50 ratio of whey/casein, if its on hand.
ive been using the ON why, or lately EAS whey because it is cheaper along with ON casein.

ive been experimenting an found that 3 scoops of when and 1 scoop of casein makes for about the right consistency.

if the only benefit is for hunger control, i dont see a benefit for me, anyway. i think i do recall lyle saying in one of his books casein has a muscle sparing affect...not sure if whey does or not.
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Is there any benefit to using straight-up MPI versus a mixture of 20/80 whey and casein I mixed myself?

I've been purchasing ON whey and casein (both chocolate) separately and mixing them at home in different ratios. If the OP can't stomach casein or MPI alone, maybe he/she can at least mix a 50/50 ratio of whey/casein, if its on hand.
Yeah, this. ON brand whey and casein mixed together mix way better than my two orders of TrueProtein MPI. The MPI I got both times were just...dusty, if that makes sense. I used them, but only out of principle.
Unread 04-24-2011, 11:01 PM

I've never tried/tasted MPI (knowingly, at least) so I can't comment on in it that regard.

Do you think there is any benefit to MPI vs. when you mix casein and whey at home in a 80/20 ratio? Some magic bonding I'm not aware of?

This article discusses some issues about casein vs. whey

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...stion-pt1.html

as does part 2.
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Do you think there is any benefit to MPI vs. when you mix casein and whey at home in a 80/20 ratio? Some magic bonding I'm not aware of?
Nope. If you prefer to mix them yourself, then do that. There's no positive or negative to doing it that way vs. buying the straight up MPI.
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:28 PM

I think MPI is generally cheaper, is the biggest benefit.

I also think human breast milk has a migher percentage of whey to casein, if that helps.
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Uziel Send a message via AIM to Uziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrhino View Post
I think MPI is generally cheaper, is the biggest benefit.

I also think human breast milk has a migher percentage of whey to casein, if that helps.
ON Casesin with Subscribe and Save on Amazon is cheaper than Trueprotein's MPI once you factor shipping in. :|