BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-05-2018, 01:59 PM

Default What workout did you do during RFL?

Hi Iím going to begin RFL next week. I have been lifting on this program for 2 weeks and itís going well:

A Day:

Squat 3x5:
Bench 3x5
OH Chins 3x5:
Incline Bench 3x8:
Curls 3x8
Tricep Dips 3x8:

B Day:

OHP 3x5:
Deadlift 1x5:
Calf Raises 3x8:
Shrugs 3x8:
Side Raises 3x8
Face Pulls 3x8:
Leg raises for core:

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

I have read the book and I have looked at the workout in the book, but Iím wondering if everyone did that workout? Or did you come up with your own?

My concerns with the workout in the book are that thereís no OHP and thereís no actual deadlifting.
Unread 06-05-2018, 05:19 PM

I did the book workout, and just alternated squats and deadlifts every time. If you're only two weeks invested into your current workout why care? Programming a dramatic diet change two weeks into a new workout cycle doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place. And ppl here will probably give you more feedback if you were doing the workout designed to go with the diet.
Unread 06-05-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty McFatso View Post
I did the book workout, and just alternated squats and deadlifts every time. If you're only two weeks invested into your current workout why care? Programming a dramatic diet change two weeks into a new workout cycle doesn't make a lot of sense in the first place. And ppl here will probably give you more feedback if you were doing the workout designed to go with the diet.

Well the reason I want to do RFL instead of my current -500 calorie deficit, is because Iím like 30% bodyfat and I just want to get a little under 20% so I donít look like such a fatass while Iím slow cutting.

I will just do the program in the book. After looking at it more closely it does seem well rounded and it does hit shoulders. I just glanced at it earlier.

Thanks man I appreciate it
Unread 06-06-2018, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaOMG View Post
Well the reason I want to do RFL instead of my current -500 calorie deficit, is because Iím like 30% bodyfat and I just want to get a little under 20% so I donít look like such a fatass while Iím slow cutting.

I will just do the program in the book. After looking at it more closely it does seem well rounded and it does hit shoulders. I just glanced at it earlier.

Thanks man I appreciate it
I had the same reaction to the exclusion of the OHP, and I didn't miss it.
Unread 06-06-2018, 04:05 AM

It's been awhile since I read the book but i believe he recommended not doing compound lifts in it...

I know for certain there are good reasons for not doing high volume and high repetition and you should probably review those carefully.

Think about it, you are not eating carbohydrates for recovery or performance.

This isn't like saying "I'm going to do the Generic Bulking Routine but sub out tricep pulldowns for skullcrushers"

This diet is not compatible with many workout routines. Just stick with what's suggested in the book or pick a different diet.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-06-2018 at 04:07 AM. Reason: add