BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-14-2018, 09:36 AM

Default Nicotine/bupropion + naltrexone

I have been using this combo a few weeks and have had great result on reduction of hunger so I wanted to share with you.

The original combo is bupropion + naltrexone (drug: Contrave), however I'm taking ephedrine and it is not recommended to take bupropion with ephedrine. Here is the mechanism of action:

Quote:
The mechanism by which the combination of naltrexone SR/bupropion SR induces weight loss is not entirely understood. Research on CNS pathways that regulate food intake and body weight has identified the hypothalamic melanocortin system and the mesolimbic reward system. These systems are the target of this combination.6

Pro-opiomelanocor tin (POMC)-producing neurons in the hypothalamus release α–melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH) and β-endorphin. α–MSH mediates the anorectic effect of POMC, whereas β-endorphin is responsible for autoinhibitory feedback, which inactivates the anorectic effect.7–9 Bupropion can be used to stimulate the POMC neurons, whereas naltrexone can be used to block the autoinhibitory feedback that is associated with a decline in weight reduction.7,8 It is suggested that the combination’s mechanism of action might also regulate the mesolimbic reward pathways, which may lead to further weight reduction by modulating reward values and goal-oriented behaviors.6,8
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3138366/

Nicotine also stimulate POMC neurons ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21659607 ) so it is a good substitute for bupropion. I take nicotine though a electronic cigarette (vaping)

Regards