BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-20-2009, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Default Supplement Marketing on Steroids by Alan Aragon

Article on the main site
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Banned

In before s*1tstorm.
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Oh, it wont happen here. It'll be in the comments section on the article. Just grab some popcorn and get ready.
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:41 AM
Banned

I've made this comment on the article already, but surely now they can be done for breaching Advertising Standards codes (or whatever the US equivalent is?).

You can't just make up lies in order to sell a product surely?

Or maybe I'm living in some sort of naive alternate reality.
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Administrator

the supplement industry is woefully unregulated and unless people complain to the FDA or whomever looks into this, nothing will come of it. OF course, lke all, all they have to do is throw in

"Results atypical blah blah" somewhere to CYA
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:50 AM

well, I hope this gets spread far and wide. we'll see
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Banned

I suppose the problem is that most kids will never complain, instead just thinking that they didn't get results because they didn't train hard enough.

It's literally the equivalent of Ford saying their next saloon will do 276 mph with a 2.0l diesel engine, when even Bugatti can only make a car which will do 254mph with an 8l engine and 4 turbo chargers.
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Administrator

As I told Alan, if this does anything, it will mainly just give T-nation MORE publicilty. They like it when stuff like this gets run, it makes more people aware of their nonsense and at the end of the day won't change anything. The bros will still buy in, the smart people already know it's crap and the handful of folks that get convinced it's garbage are irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

It's why I don't usually bother with specific attacks on specific stuff (with rare exceptions).

But Alan wanted to run it and his site gets about zero traffic per day so I told him I'd run it.
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickbean View Post
I suppose the problem is that most kids will never complain, instead just thinking that they didn't get results because they didn't train hard enough.

It's literally the equivalent of Ford saying their next saloon will do 276 mph with a 2.0l diesel engine, when even Bugatti can only make a car which will do 254mph with an 8l engine and 4 turbo chargers.
and that's the game t-nation will play: if you did the program and didn't get results, you didn't do it right. And the suckers will line up for the next con.
Unread 08-20-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
the supplement industry is woefully unregulated and unless people complain to the FDA or whomever looks into this, nothing will come of it. OF course, lke all, all they have to do is throw in

"Results atypical blah blah" somewhere to CYA
From what I've seen & read, the FDA doesn't really do much unless there is a health/safety issue with a product. They simply don't have the time/manpower to investigate all the false claims on food labels.

I think it's going to be funny once that crap program actually comes out. You know a lot of people who don't know any better are going to try it (and fail miserably of course). Then we'll see a lot of "u did it wrong!". Of course, a lot of the people that don't get results will start to realize how stupid the claims are and will be too embarrassed to admit they tried it....

[EDIT - too slow - everything in this paragraph got said while i was typing]