BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-09-2011, 11:18 AM

Nice, yes 3 floyds is one of my favs as well! I am also a HUGE dogfish head fan. My wife and I are actually planning a 5 day vacation to Delaware to visit their brewery/restraraunt, and hit up some coastal food joints! Best part is it was HER idea,what a girl. you guys sound like you have a real good time with it. I dont think their is any way I could ever stay as lean as you if I had beer on tap in my kitchen, kudos, your awesomness just went up 3 more notches on my awesome meter!
Unread 02-10-2011, 05:49 AM

UD2.0, Week 3, Day 5
am weight: 141.6 (-0.2)

Intake (Carb-up)
protein: 236 g.
fat 44 g
carbs 470 g

Activity
eating

Comments
Much less bloating on this carb-up, and a little less gas. The latter is a Good Thing, considering I spent the carb-up day at work rather than at home and the windows in my office don't open.

A few other people have commented that they find it difficult to stop eating on carb-up days. My brain was playing odd tricks in that I wanted to eat something all the time, but nothing sounded good. Not even high-fat off-plan stuff. So, there I was at 11 pm, staring at the last 75 g.'s worth of carbs in the form of a bagel and an apple and fighting the urge to chuck them in the general direction of Austin. I can get good distance on an apple, these days.

Strong: Dogfish head is another fav. Good stuff. We've also been known to plan vacations around the locations of microbreweries, too. Breweries, and baseball parks.
Unread 02-11-2011, 05:12 AM

UD2.0, Week 3, Day 6
am weight: 143.6
hello, carb-up weight!

Intake
protein: 172 g.
fat 27 g.
carbs 209 g.

Activity
power workout

Comments
Squats were down about 5 pounds or a couple of reps, bench same. Rows were up 10 lbs, leg curls maybe 5, pullups seemed easier, and I set a new PR (45 lbs x 4) on weighted dips at the end of the workout. So, good news and bad news.

Felt a lot better in the am of the power workout, much less bloating. Maybe I finally have this carb-up thing nailed. Now that I'm almost done with this diet cycle.

Speaking of, I'm still deciding whether to shoot for one more week of UD2.0, given how much (paid) work I have to do next week before our Friday PM departure. Is it better to follow a general Ud2.0 structure but with just one 75-minute depletion workout and no Day 3 cardio (yes, I realize it's no longer Ud2.0)? Or should I "just" cut calories 10-20% and pick up 2-3 workouts whenever I can during the week, without fussing with carb-loads, timing of workouts relative to diet, etc?

"Better" here is defined as continuing to lose fat & minimize muscle loss. And for purely psychological reasons, I'd really like to see 139.8 on the scale before I go. Dammit.
Unread 02-11-2011, 10:43 AM

hmmmm, tough one, I am going with option 2, but if you want to drop to 139, why not do cardio on day 3??
Unread 02-11-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strong View Post
hmmmm, tough one, I am going with option 2, but if you want to drop to 139, why not do cardio on day 3??
Just time spent in the gym, is all. In looking at the next 7 day's schedule, I can swing 3 days in the gym but probably not 5 (4 lifting sessions + 1 cardio session). Figured the Day 3 cardio was one of the most expendable in UD2.0.

The 139.8 thing really is silly. It's just a number, for crying out loud. Heck, one dulcolax would probably get me there, if the goal is just to see the number flashing on my scale's digital display.
Unread 02-12-2011, 03:41 AM

O i see, no equipment at home? thats surprises me, OCD! I'm right there with you on the number thing, totally mental and dumb as SH@!, but until 167 pops up I can stop, sounded like a pringles commercial there sorry.
Unread 02-12-2011, 05:05 AM

UD2.0, Week 3, Day 7
am weight: 142.8
am weight after Day 7: 141.6

Intake
protein: 152 g.
fat: 26 g.
carbs: 98 g.

Activity
1 hour LISS / MISS cardio

Comments
Not much to report. Cardio was, well, cardio, which is to say boring.

Looking forward to the weekend, although I must say it's less enticing when it will involve depletion workouts.
Unread 02-13-2011, 04:43 AM

UD2.0, Week 4, Day 1
am weight: 141.6

Intake
protein: 150.3 g
fat: 22.4 g
carbs: 67.7 g

Activity
walk 2.5 miles
depletion 1 and 1.5
  • 12 sets legs (3 x 4 each of press, seated curl, extension, standing curl)
  • 9 sets back (6 pullup/downs + 3 rows)
  • 6 sets each chest, shoulders, calves
  • 3 sets each delts, abs
  • 1 set each biceps, triceps

Comment
Decided to shoot for another notch on Strong's awesomeness meter (because there is no charge for awesomeness) and go for another week of UD2.0. I had a bit of extra time to spend at the gym, so I cranked out all 12 sets for legs and 9 sets for back. Even if I can't make it to the gym on Day 2, I can throw in enough chest and arm isolation sets at home to fully deplete.

After the gym and my walk and a bunch of housecleaning and 45 minutes or so at the pool playing with the Boy, I felt not just depleted but dizzy, and not in a "oh, it will pass" sort of way. Decided to eat a potato to see if that helped. It did, but it bumped my carbs a bit over my target for the day. C'est la vie.

Can't hear any negativity today, because I still have water in my ears from the pool. La la la la la. (It's also good for when The Boy practices his violin.)
Unread 02-13-2011, 08:44 AM

.5 notches for that one, only cause you ate SO many carbs.......67gm, I can do that much damage just eating lettuce.
Unread 02-14-2011, 04:28 AM

UD2.0, Week 4, Day 2
am weight: 141

Intake
protein: 149 g.
fat: 25 g.
carbs: 47 g.

Activity
two single, solitary pullups

Comments
So much for my 1/2 notch on the awesomeness meter. Didn't even get it together for 1/2 a depletion workout. The day just got away from me, thanks to a last-minute invite to brunch + a family birthday + helping The Boy with valentines for his classmates + making snacks for his school party + shopping for the trip + overseeing homework. Yeah, all excuses.

The house where we had brunch had a pullup bar over their entry way. (Odd, yes, but in an old house you are lucky if you even have one standard sized door frame that will accept a pullup bar.) Did a pullup on the way in and one on the way out. Just because I could.