BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-18-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LioRiX View Post
Do chest flies come as a subtitute for a press? (E.g. Chest Flies instead of 2-3x10-12 Inclined Bench Press), or it can come as an additional exercise to the program like when people add Lateral Raises?
Either
Unread 09-18-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Either
Thanks, any noticeable drawbacks with this one? Inclined Press just feels draining, especially after flat Bench.

Upper A
Bench 3-4x6-8
Inclined Dumbell Fly 2-3x10-12

Upper B
OHP 3-4x6-8
Cable Flies 2-3x10-12
Unread 09-18-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Thanks, any noticeable drawbacks with this one? Inclined Press just feels draining, especially after flat Bench.

Upper A
Bench 3-4x6-8
Inclined Dumbell Fly 2-3x10-12

Upper B
OHP 3-4x6-8
Cable Flies 2-3x10-12
It's fine. Though why wouldn't it be?
Unread 09-18-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
It's fine. Though why wouldn't it be?
Thanks. I just thought maybe it's "bad" because it's not the 2pull/2push it was
Unread 09-19-2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I just thought maybe it's "bad" because it's not the 2pull/2push it was
But you get volume on the chest, or whatever. Which is most people's purpose when they think of "push"
Unread 09-19-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:
But you get volume on the chest, or whatever. Which is most people's purpose when they think of "push"
Got you man, thanks. I think I'll start as stated and consider adding a second push in the future. (OH/Fly/Bench)
Unread 09-21-2017, 10:58 AM

Hi everybody,

I am wondering about optimal hypertrophy, I have a lot of issues in managing the same weight during several sets, now I'm following the GBR (with light modifications) for instance on my first upper body day I 'll do :

- inclined BP 3x6-8
- weighted pull ups 3x6-8
- weighted dips 3x10-12.... and here come the issue :
on weighted dips I can do 12 reps with 20kg weight, on the second set I will have trouble but will reach the 11-12 numbers and on the third.... numbers drastically collapse I will probably do 6 reps while I'm respecting the 2 mins as defined in the gbr for assistance work.

So my question is : for optimal hypertrophy, is it better to push as much as possible on each set in order to stay in the range (10-12, for instance I would do 1st set @30kg, 2nd @ 20 and 3rd @10) or is it better to use a weight with which I can manage the 3 sets with 2 mins recovery (maybe 10kg...) which seems really low weight for the two first sets.
Unread 09-21-2017, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyromanXP View Post
Hi everybody,

I am wondering about optimal hypertrophy, I have a lot of issues in managing the same weight during several sets, now I'm following the GBR (with light modifications) for instance on my first upper body day I 'll do :

- inclined BP 3x6-8
- weighted pull ups 3x6-8
- weighted dips 3x10-12.... and here come the issue :
on weighted dips I can do 12 reps with 20kg weight, on the second set I will have trouble but will reach the 11-12 numbers and on the third.... numbers drastically collapse I will probably do 6 reps while I'm respecting the 2 mins as defined in the gbr for assistance work.

So my question is : for optimal hypertrophy, is it better to push as much as possible on each set in order to stay in the range (10-12, for instance I would do 1st set @30kg, 2nd @ 20 and 3rd @10) or is it better to use a weight with which I can manage the 3 sets with 2 mins recovery (maybe 10kg...) which seems really low weight for the two first sets.
I'm not one of the experts - but my guess would be use the one method you think will help you progress the most. Hypotherpy (other than adequate nutrition/protein) is all about progressive overload.
Unread 09-28-2017, 10:03 AM

I have another question for Biceps and triceps exercices choice, right now on upper days I'm doing
3x6-8 Bench
3x10-12 w dips
3x8-10 Overhead press

And for triceps 3x12-15 kickbacks which means I'm only using 7kg per dumbell, will it make my triceps grow or should I switch on a more heavy exercise (I chose kickbacks because it is supposed to work every head of the tricep but maybe it's not the best choice regarding pressing exercices i've done before)

On the other side from Biceps isolation I'm doing only Hammer curl after
3x6-8 chest supported row
3x10-12 Chin ups

Is there a best choice ?
Unread 10-02-2017, 11:15 AM

Hey guys, yesterday I was doing my Lower A workout and since then (post-workout until now, like 30 hours afterwards), my lower back is killing me.
I was doing LB Squats, RDL, Lunges, Leg Curls, Cable Crunches and both Calf Exercises.

I'm not sure what to point at, and whether it was because of a bad technique or just a general fatigue over too much volume, but I began to think it's because of the Standing Calves exercise, which I do on a Smith Machine with some load on.

Anyway, I've read this article (https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mu...e-calves.html/), and I was wondering whether doing calf press on a Leg Press machine could be considered a "Straight Leg Exercise" to subtitute with the Smith Machine. Thanks.

EDIT:
Other than that, this is a video from yesterday's Squat (2nd set), does that seem fine?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_u1N2vX1Sc

Last edited by LioRiX : 10-02-2017 at 11:24 AM.