BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 05-02-2017, 12:31 PM

Default Round two of my 'bit-by-bit' RFL experiment

Hey Everybody! Back again for my next round of RFL, and I could hardly wait to get back to it. So needless to say I am super excited and motivated to get going!!

Stats: 38yo F cat 3
weight 209.1 lbs
fat 38.3 %
waist 38"

A link to my last log: https://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=32826

When I left last time I ended at about 208lbs, and was expecting to add back around 5 lbs of water weight, but somehow I just stayed at 208. This was very unexpected. Over the next 2 months, I was able to maintain within a couple pounds of this weight really easily, without watching what I ate or doing anything special except for purposely NOT dieting in any way and eating whatever I wanted (within the confines of the SFED diet I am determined to complete this year), but not binging (which is easy when you don't restrict yourself). At one point i even lost a couple more pounds, but I started to feel like I was TRYING to restrict to lose more and it wasn't totally natural so I re-focused and then found I had gone back up to 208.

So you may be getting the idea of what I am trying to do here - lose just a bit of weight, and then make sure I can maintain it without trying, thereby making sure it has become my new homeostatic point. So just like the RFL full diet break, but more often and for a longer period between dieting. With all the negativity in the media lately about people losing large amounts having their own body chemistry fighting them at every turn (and my own experiences gaining back weight after dieting), and people supposedly not being able to maintain more than 10% weight loss etc. etc. I am wondering if I can use that info both to my advantage, and also to prove the doomsday message incorrect. The first round 'experiment' worked, now to see if it is repeatable. going to see if this is my recipe for success

So the plan for this round - lose a max of 15-18 lbs, 20 lbs including water weight, I suppose (keeping under 10% loss), then break for another 2 months.

Six Food Elimination Diet: This round coincides with adding back eggs, which works out well as they are a great lean protein source! So far I have added seafood for 2 months, and peanuts for 2 months. I did not get clear symptoms with either food so I fear they are both triggers, which is unusual as they are the 2 least common triggers for my particular autoimmune condition. But as long as it's not eggs or dairy!! fingers and toes crossed that eggs work out!

Thanks for reading