Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-08-2017, 10:52 AM

Default Day 7

Stats:
Saturday 206.5 (-3.2 / -2.6)
Sunday 205.6 (-0.9 / -3.5)

Today:
207.3 lbs (+1.7 / -1.8) (post free meal)
waist: 37.5" (-0.5")

Hello - I hope everyone had a great weekend

I spent Saturday working in the garage doing some spring cleaning and put on my summer tires (oops only like 6 weeks later than intended; way to procrastinate :s) and my mechanic massively over-torqued the bolts when they put one tire back on after a valve stem repair so I got quite the workout cracking those nuts! I'm lucky i didn't snap my tire iron Anyway, the big dinner I had planned for Saturday ended up being largely RFL compliant, so I decided not to have any beers and stick with the plan. Instead I had my free meal yesterday. Sometimes you really want a free meal, then you have it and it's really not that great and you wish you hadn't done it. That's how I felt about my meal yesterday. Not even worth it!

Anyway, looking forward to putting in some work this week. Just started the EC this morning, and hoping to get to logging my food to tighten up the macros and start getting some real progress. Also plan to get back to the weight room if I can get my rotator cuff to cooperate. It's been a slow start this round but I should be able to make up for it this week.
Unread 05-09-2017, 10:42 AM

Default Day 8

Stats:
204.4 lbs (-2.9 / -4.7)
waist: 37.5" (-0.0 / -0.5")

Workout: interval run (ongoing knee rehab)

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 626
protein - 65g
fat - 34g
net carbs - 13g

That EC. I must say I can't decide if it is worth it or not. Yes, it works. REALLY works. and the initial buzz is nice, but the queasy feeling isn't so great, and the feelings of utter bla that came over me last night were pretty trying. Couldn't even find the energy to make dinner so all I ate was a pepperoni stick, which mostly accounts for the low protein. But as long as the stomach doesn't get empty it's not so bad, so I need to get some snacks going for the afternoon. I always think celery is a good idea, then the sticks rot away in the fridge. Must come up with something else, with protein in it....
Unread 05-10-2017, 09:47 AM

Default Day 9

Stats:
203.9 lbs (-0.5 / -5.2)
waist: 37.0" (-0.5 / -1.0")

Workout: rest day

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 760
protein - 69g
fat - 32g
net carbs - 35g

even with a super salty lunch yesterday I still lost on the scale AND the tape, so that was nice.

Really not making protein here.... barely forced dinner down my throat last night, but once I got started I was hungry after all. It might potentially still be the appetite suppression halo of the EC, or maybe because it was ground turkey which i find somewhat unappetizing. Added a tonne of taco mix to it but it's still so dry and not very tasty of a meat... I really don't understand the obsession with turkey. It's ok at christmas because chickens don't come big enough but turkey without a bunch of salt and nitrates = bleuch. let's all just admit it. LOL

I need better breakfast ideas. It takes A LOT of egg whites to make 30g of protein! My other breakfast alternative is this disgusting vegetarian protein powder that gives me indigestion all day. I am eating the last scoop of this today and after that.... maybe I can mix the ground turkey with the eggs and it will become magical and delicious!!

Either way, time for some brainstorming. gotta eat more (waaa, my diet is so hard because I'm NOT hungry enough - right. hard to complain about that! hahahah)

Have a great day, RFL'ers, etc.!!
Unread 05-10-2017, 10:20 AM

Hey girl! Awesome the scale went down for ya! I actually love turkey burgers and eat them every day!! Haha! I get the bubba burgers or jenni-o. Jenni-0 tastes better but it's more fat. I also use Allmax Isoflex protein powder. It's low on carbs and fat. I'm into the coconut pineapple one right now which I think is pretty good as far as protein powder goes. Hasn't bothered my stomach. And I get the not being hungry part. That's when I use the protein powder and just mix with water and gulp it down!
Unread 05-11-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie View Post
Hey girl! Awesome the scale went down for ya! I actually love turkey burgers and eat them every day!! Haha! I get the bubba burgers or jenni-o. Jenni-0 tastes better but it's more fat. I also use Allmax Isoflex protein powder. It's low on carbs and fat. I'm into the coconut pineapple one right now which I think is pretty good as far as protein powder goes. Hasn't bothered my stomach. And I get the not being hungry part. That's when I use the protein powder and just mix with water and gulp it down!
Hey Queenie - thanks for the input. turkey burgers don't sound so bad, actually. better than ground with stuff in it. But unfortunately I can't eat dairy right now so no whey powder for me. I do have a couple I like but I have been stuck eating this revolting pea protein, and I just can't do that to myself again!!! lol but coconut apple sounds amazing. Once I add dairy back i will be looking for that one!!
Unread 05-11-2017, 09:07 AM

Default Day 10

Stats:
203.2 lbs (-0.7 / -5.9)
waist: 37.0" (-0.0 / -1.0")

Workout: accidental rest day (slept in. it was glorious. no shame here)

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 968
protein - 79g
fat - 56g
net carbs - 31g

Still working on the macros here, but weight loss seems to be steady and levelled out (no more water to lose). last night ate THEN logged, and holy carp mushrooms have a few calories (when you eat a whole tray hahaha oops). Also didn't measure the olive oil to fry them up so i estimated/overlogged to be sure.

Now I am sitting here with no breakfast... and the battle continues...
Unread 05-12-2017, 09:59 AM

Default Day 11

Stats:
202.3 lbs (-0.9 / -6.8)

Workout: Run (knee rehab) - increased my interval from run/walk 1/1 to 2/1 today. it felt great, like i am finally closing in on actually running! Chiro appt. next wed, hopefully he can beat my rotator cuff back into shape so i can get lifting again...

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 655
protein - 66g
fat - 33g
net carbs - 21g

To free meal or not to free meal: If I assume 3lbs water weight (last round I seemed to only have maybe 1.5-2lbs that came back for a day then vanished, but in the past I have assumed closer to 4lbs, so I will say 3 for now), then my losses are lagging a bit behind my calorie deficit, yet are progressing steadily daily. So although I might have a few fat cells storing water, it seems like my body is also flushing a bit of it out as I go. This is all fine and good either way, but it does have a bearing on whether I would have a free meal, other than wanting one ie. if I was not losing steadily I might have a free meal to try to cause some disruption and flushing, but since I'm not I probably shouldn't interrupt the steady losses unless I REALLY want one. Except I kind of really want one..... I dreamt of danish pastry night before last, and I keep thinking of fries..... I guess I will leave it up to fate - if my colleagues decide to go to my favourite place with the good fries i will eat them, otherwise I will stick with the usual salad.

Also, still not making my protein - arrgh!! Hopefully my trip to costco to buy one million eggs and chicken breasts will help. Although I just realized there are a bunch of other meaty things I should have looked for. I was far to tired and hungry and grumpy to realize that at the time. what I have will have to suffice.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Unread 05-12-2017, 10:03 AM

Keep at it girl! U are doing great!!
Unread 05-15-2017, 11:27 AM

Default Day 14

Good Morning, everyone! I hope you all had great weekends. My weekend went like this:

Saturday: 202.4 (+0.1 / -6.7)
waist: 37.0" (-0.0 / -1.0") (I did have that free meal Friday at lunch, but then wasn't hungry for dinner so just had a few canned peaches and a pepperoni stick. I guess that balanced out the french fries)
Workout: Full Body 'B' workout. Overhead shoulder press irritated the rotator cuff a bit but I got through it with light weight.

Sunday: 201.4 (-1.0 / -7.7)
Workout: Rest Day

Today: 202.3 (+0.9 / -6.8)
waist: 36.5" (-0.5 / -1.5")
Workout: Rest Day

Yesterday's Nutrition:
Didn't log - had a free meal at dinner although the only carbs were from a few tbsp of rice flour to bread my chicken to make it into fingers (and some ketchup too). Also had grilled eggplant so definitely some olive oil in there as well. But I still wasn't really expecting to gain since breakfast and lunch were really light, but I did anyway...

So although earlier in the round I was pretty chill about the scale, suddenly I find myself not too happy to see the weekend was an overall wash, especially since the free meal wasn't much of one and i was mostly pretty hungry all weekend. I think the RFL honeymoon might be over for me lol. Was really hoping to be under 200 by today.

Buuuuut, thinking about the comments from the boys and wanting to be in better shape by august for my 10 yr uni reunion, I am thinking I will try out revising my breaks to be a bit shorter, and so I will end up cutting this run a bit short also. I was planning to go until I hit 190lbs then break until the end of August while I added back dairy for July and August. Instead it makes sense for me to go hard until the end of may, regardless of weight, break for June, then get back to it for the month of July. I can always do low fat dairy for a month. I am liking this plan because it allows more weight loss in a shorter period. Also then i get to break off this round a bit earlier, which feels like a plus, today, since I am starting to feel fatigued (but then again, I know that will subside after a few days. The ups and downs of crash dieting )
Unread 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM

Default Day 15

Stats:
200.0 lbs (-2.3 / -9.1)
waist: 36.5" (-0.0 / -1.5")

Workout: Run (knee rehab) - hated my life during my workout today. did not want to work out, but made myself, which usually turns into "i'm so glad i made myself do that" 5 minutes into it, but not today. it was AWFUL the WHOLE TIME. like i was actually grunting by the end of every interval like some kind of tennis player and felt like i could not get any air. then i realized something - i ran out of electrolyte powder a week ago and the grocery store stopped carrying it so i haven't gotten any more yet (and I can't take large pills due to my throat thing; i choked and was hospitalized once from a potassium pill getting stuck in there and I am terrified to swallow anything bigger than an advil now). so i wonder if this might account for my general tiredness the past couple days and the insane struggle that was my workout this morning. I mean come on, how difficult are 7 x 2 minute running intervals!! this should be cake I have been increasing my running for a few months now and my last run was great! might be the electrolytes.

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 1048
protein - 101g
fat - 50g
net carbs - 34g

whoa just logged my dinner from last night and my stats are high for everything (but i finally made my protein! lol) had a fake korma with the curry paste and a little coconut milk so a little higher on the calories. no more of that for awhile. the scale was taunting me this morning. first i weighed and i was 202 and i was not happy. so i re-weighed after my workout although i am usually higher from drinking a bunch of water, and was 200 so the scale might have glitched the first weigh. anyway, all i have been thinking about the last week is how badly i want to be under 200 so of course, 200.0lbs today. nice. thanks scale, you a**hole. LOL it is so funny how 2 lbs (or in this case 0.1 lbs !!!) can make or break your day when you are RFLing!