199.9 lbs (-0.1 / -9.2)
waist: 36.0" (-0.5 / -2.0")

Workout: Rest Day

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 825
protein - 85g
fat - 37g
net carbs - 25g

macros macros. fat is always a little high because of the flax oil. Carbs haven't been too bad; under 20 would be better but i log all my veg and i don't mind a few extra grams if it means more fibre and vitamins and slightly more interesting meals. But I am little bummed that I'm finding it very difficult to meet my protein target (around 100g) without the protein shakes. So I am going with the attitude that some is better than none and just keeping at it as best I can until I can add back dairy.

and then there is the scale. HA nice, again scale. normally I would lose 1 lb or a half lb, but not today! I wanted my 199.9, and I got my 199.9. I just have to laugh at the irony. But, I am still gonna celebrate the crap out of my 199.9!!!!!! Especially since I had to work late last night and I almost went to McDonalds. Which would be a fine free meal if not for the elimination diet part of my life right now. But somehow I talked myself out of it and ate some chicken. If anyone likes spicy stuff, I found this new sauce called Yatu. I put it on the chicken. I ate it up. I lost my mind it was so good. Definitely try it if you can find it.
Unread 05-18-2017, 09:14 AM

Default Day 17

Stats:
197.9 lbs (-2.0 / -11.2)
waist: 36.0" (-0.0 / -2.0")

Workout: None

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 552
protein - 56g
fat - 24g
net carbs - 23g

Laid down on the couch last night and fell asleep. As such, missed dinner. Weight is good but might go up tomorrow once I have some food working through my digestive system again...
Unread 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM

Default Day 18

Stats:
200.2 lbs (+2.3 / -8.9)
waist: 36.0" (-0.0 / -2.0")

Workout: Knee Rehab - increased interval from 2/1 run/walk to 5/1. the first interval was awesome. then had asthma attack. second interval had to jump off twice to chase d*ckhead pet. third interval had asthma again. frick i feel like i will never get back into running shape here! Iam hoping as my VO2max and muscular endurance increase my asthma will settle back down... I used to barely have symptoms but lately I have to be on steroids daily or I have like 15 asthma attacks a day. my doc says it's not usually that affected by weight, but I have my suspicions that it might be for me. when i was running regularly, i almost never had exercise induced asthma attacks.

Yesterday's Nutrition:
cals - 963
protein - 105g
fat - 37g
net carbs - 34g

Not happy about the gain. I knew there would be a bit but I was sure I would still be in the 190's. There is something very emotional about being in the 100's instead of the 200's - it's hard to go back. Had a shawarma salad for lunch yesterday, and yes, of course with garlic sauce, but still my counts aren't so bad. If I had known I would gain like I had a free meal I would have had something better than a salad!!
Unread 05-23-2017, 09:38 AM

Default Day 22

I guess you could say I took the last 2 days off. Weight on Sat was around 199, but I haven't weighed in since. My feet alone are so puffy i definitely don't want to see the number! and also cheated on the elimination diet and had pizza too, so I am feeling pretty bad about myself. I was trying to save my free meal for my friend's bday celebration so I could have some drinks but I think pushing it back so much backfired and I went a little crazy. Drinks plus everyone eating midnight pizza and wings turned out to be too tempting.... and then the hangover food.... I don't even want to talk about it. time to refocus and get back to the plan!
Unread 05-25-2017, 09:56 AM

Default I'm not gone!! (Day 24)

Stats:
203.2 lbs (+3.0 / -5.9)
waist: 36.5" (+0.5 / -1.5")

Workout: rest day.

Yesterday's Nutrition:
ate lots and lots of potatoes (chip form. I know.) didn't bother to log.

Alright, so I am not gone or done! But I definitely hit a bit of a bump. It was the "I am not going to care for one day" turned into drinks turned into "well i can't care today either, it's hangover day" which inevitably degenerates into a "one more day won't hurt" and then you are suddenly eating like a mad person who SHOULD be on a diet, instead of on a planned, intended break or free meal, so it's like some kind of under the table, sneaky, bingey, dirty, face-stuff. But it's not like I haven't had this kind of hiccup before, and somehow I recover and plow on, so here that is. I did a bit of damage, but nothing I can't recover from. I will likely extend my round a bit to make up for it.

On the good news side of things, I think i figured out breakfast eggs - if I add just a tiny bit of BBQ sauce, suddenly eggs are tasty and good. I used to do bbq and canned jalapenos and it was awesome so I will get some of those too, but for now just having something on them to make them not so 'dry' is really helping. I have a bbq with only 4 carbs per tbsp and I don't use quite that much so it's not terrible.
Unread 05-26-2017, 09:09 AM

Default Day 25

Stats:
201.4 lbs (-1.8 / -7.7)
waist: 36.5" (+0.5 / -1.5")

Workout: somehow could not make myself get on the treadmill this morning. too tired. no workout.

Yesterday's Nutrition:
didn't log again, but pretty sure it was about average.
Unread 05-29-2017, 10:53 AM

Default Closing off this round

Hi all! I hope everyone had a good weekend

So Friday: I intended to carry on the progress I generated on Thurs getting back to it, then my boss took us all out for lunch and ordered dishes for the table so there was some food, and then dinner rolled around and I started to realize I didn't want to diet any longer on this round. I had already taken 4 of the last 5 days off, so technically my count of days was 20 + 1, and I had a social event coming up Saturday where there would be food and drinks... so I got out my calendar and came up with a schedule for the summer that manages to avoid most of the big events and trips I have coming up.

Long story short, I am ending this round here and will be back mid-June for my next go Good luck with your goals, everyone. See you soon!