BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:53 PM

Default Look leaner, but clothes tighter?

So, I have (only recently) read Lyle's explanation of the swoosh and am wondering if that is what is going on with me. I have for the past 9 weeks been attempting a recomp. I look leaner, feel firmer, less jiggly, but my clothes are tighter. What gives? Could I just be retaining water like a mofo?

I'm female.. and water retention is pretty common for me just in regular life. Thoughts?
Unread 03-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Tighter where specifically?

And, IME, folks who retain water under normal conditions often have it worse while dieting due to various hormonal shifts.
Unread 03-11-2013, 04:24 PM

I don't know what kind of "recomp" you've been attempting or what your training history is but is it possible you've added a bit of LBM and lost a bit of fat?
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:38 AM

Tighter mostly in thighs and butt, but also a little in upper arms.. or maybe back.. not sure where the upper body portion stems from exactly.

And just a typical recomp sort of approach.. reduction in calories on rest days, slight increase on training days. I lift 3 times a week and do some type of cardio on most off days. One complete rest day.
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:40 AM

Also, shza, I suppose that is possible that I have added lean body mass without a reduction in fat mass. Hopefully they will level out soonish.
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:39 AM

Let me dovetail the last question with another.. I have been doing a very basic recomp, as mentioned.. and unless this weight is all water I seem to not be making a ton of progress.

I know UD 2.0 is only for women 22% or below.. so what approach should I take for fat loss whilst maintaining muscle mass? Would a stint of RFL followed by a break and then UD 2.0 be an option?

I measured by bf by DEXA about 1.5 years ago while I was doing a lot of running (about 50 miles/week) and I was 25.6%. Since then I have done mostly weight training and moderate cardio. I would guess I am currently at 25.

What do you think the best approach is to lean out? I basically want to be bikini ready in 3 months or so.. Possible?
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegiantess View Post
Would a stint of RFL followed by a break and then UD 2.0 be an option?
Yes. Probably the best approach for the quickest results -- would easily get you there within 3 months.
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM

RFL followed by 2 week diet break with medium fat/carb and then UD2.0. go for it