BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-05-2019, 10:16 AM

Red face Anyone feel almost embarrassed buying 'healthier'or 'diet' options?

Sometimes when I'm buying protein icecream/fibre one brownies/low calorie-'healthy' alternatives I feel almost like I want to buy it as discreetly as possible and run. Y'know any of those products with PROTEIN! or GUILT FREE! splashed across in big letters?
I think that a lot of people buying those actually think that by doing so they are being healthy and 'good', but that they would rather have the things those products are modelled to taste like.
And by buying them I'm proclaiming to be one of those people taken in by stupid marketing.

But I'm still going to do it because hey, if I'm gunna eat icecream it may as well be a 300kcal tub full tub with low fat, sugar and added protein.
The best out of bad choices.
Unread 02-05-2019, 05:20 PM

It only bothers me when people try to strike up unwanted conversations.

I once had a dude use the RTDs I was buying as an opening to ask why I thought he could do a 1500 lb leg press, but couldn’t get to 135 on the bench. And he rang everything up really, reeeaalllllllly slooooowly, while sharing this with me.

Tbh, stuff like that doesn’t happen very often. Most people don’t really care about your shopping.
Unread 02-06-2019, 08:29 AM

Nahh, you're right that no one cares about my shopping, just typical health obsessed person neuroses Everyone must know I only eat wholefood organic vegan locally sourced produce harvested by only the purest young virgins!!!!!!!!!!

I think I just feel like buying those kinds of things is supporting the demonising carbs/fat/etc bandwagons('GUILT FREE INDULGENCE' is definitely one of the worst labels to convince people to buy something) and maybe I feel conscience that as a relatively lean person I don't want cashiers or whoever thinking that those 'protein' or whatever products are the reason why I look the way I do.
Unread 02-06-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty McFatso View Post
I once had a dude use the RTDs I was buying as an opening to ask why I thought he could do a 1500 lb leg press, but couldn’t get to 135 on the bench. And he rang everything up really, reeeaalllllllly slooooowly, while sharing this with me.
The worst is when they do this and say something completely misinformed but to avoid getting into a discussion/argument you just have to smile and nod along with whatever belief they have until you can leg it.
Unread 02-06-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty McFatso View Post
Let me guess...his ROM on the leg press was two inches?
Unread 02-06-2019, 02:39 PM

Nope.

But I expect that some random people I've encountered must think my diet is the absolute worst because I tend to just buy what is on special at some stores...so 3 bags of chips (because you have to get three to get the discount), cookies, ice cream, crackers, etc.

Then the people at another store probably think I'm super health conscious with my bag of fresh vegetables, meat, and pantry items.

Worked as a cashier at a grocery store for a minute in high school. Saw all kinds of purchases.

Oddest was one woman that came through my line purchasing 8 - 10 strawberry flavored douches.

I didn't even know we sold them. Like, are you making cocktails? 'Cause that's a lot of flavored douche for one woman.
Unread 02-07-2019, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post

Oddest was one woman that came through my line purchasing 8 - 10 strawberry flavored douches.

I didn't even know we sold them. Like, are you making cocktails? 'Cause that's a lot of flavored douche for one woman.
Maybe she's the one buying' healthier' alternatives, since sugar is an absolute no-no for down there she could have found a cheap hack no one ever suspected!
Damn fitness industry trying to trick us into spending money

Who wants to come to mine for a party? Low-cal sugar free cocktails for all!!!
Unread 02-07-2019, 01:57 PM

That’s a very long way to write ‘vodka’...
Unread 02-08-2019, 01:00 AM

I bet drinking a litre of strawberry douche has the potential make you feel just as woozy, just without the horrors of alcohol
Unread 02-16-2019, 08:38 AM

I can't say I get too worried about what people think about my food choices.

Though as a general rule, I'd say that I'd rather go the 'traditional' healthy route of fruits, veggies, proteins etc. than the often ridiculously marketed "health" versions of junk products. I find that's almost always a better value in terms of health/taste/price.

Learn to cook so you can make healthy food taste great. Then when you want to indulge, go for the good stuff.