BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-04-2018, 03:32 PM

How long can I not shower for?
Unread 10-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchez View Post
How long can I not shower for?
I am currently testing this. Let me get back to you.
Unread 10-04-2018, 09:59 PM

According to them, they do it for the macrophage benefits.
Unread 10-05-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
you really need to dig into your relationship with eating if it means its easier to fast than even have a remote semblance of an appropriate intake.
Just watching a lyle interview and he mentions that studies have shown that eating nothing makes people less hungry than eating a little.

https://youtu.be/nnGyUj7EEbI?t=2306
Unread 10-05-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
Just watching a lyle interview and he mentions that studies have shown that eating nothing makes people less hungry than eating a little.

And the context of this is about people who are trying to gain lean mass???
Unread 10-05-2018, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post

Obese people and irrelevant to GAINING MUSCLE.
Unread 10-05-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Obese people and irrelevant to GAINING MUSCLE.
LOL LYLE doesn't research growth hormone up by 200000% bro!!! Also, kinobody told me something about autogaphee
Unread 10-05-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
I am currently testing this. Let me get back to you.
If you are seated in a restaurant and the people at the nearby tables all leave soon thereafter you have reached the post-practice teenage boys hockey team level.

I guess it might kind of be a fad, but fasting is hardly new.

There are multiple studies that have shown real positive health effects so it may depend on if the science holds up.

I'm about 40 minutes into this interview. You might want to skip the first 10 minutes or so if you don't want to listen to chat about having a newborn/raising kids.

After that it moves on to a discussion of the carnivore diet which seems much more faddish. She talks about what the mechanism is behind the positive changes people are experiencing on said diet and suggests most of it can probably be attributed to caloric restriction.

I've been enjoying it. She is skeptical of rat studies and respects confounding factors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M8X_bs_fzI
Unread 10-05-2018, 06:35 PM

I haven't listened to Dr Patrick's stuff in a while but iirc shes a proponent of TRF, fasting mimicking diets etc ***not*** prolonged fasts, dry fasts or other bizzare stuff. Also iirc she mentions Dr Panda and Dr Longos work, a lot of which are done in obese, or mice, or otherwise non generalizable populations. I grew up around a lot of poor subsistence farmers who were doing the "omad"/"warrior diet"/whatever way long before it became cool, and so were their ancestors I'm sure.
Unread 10-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly70 View Post
If you are seated in a restaurant and the people at the nearby tables all leave soon thereafter you have reached the post-practice teenage boys hockey team level.

I guess it might kind of be a fad, but fasting is hardly new.

There are multiple studies that have shown real positive health effects so it may depend on if the science holds up.

I'm about 40 minutes into this interview. You might want to skip the first 10 minutes or so if you don't want to listen to chat about having a newborn/raising kids.

After that it moves on to a discussion of the carnivore diet which seems much more faddish. She talks about what the mechanism is behind the positive changes people are experiencing on said diet and suggests most of it can probably be attributed to caloric restriction.

I've been enjoying it. She is skeptical of rat studies and respects confounding factors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M8X_bs_fzI
Oh good lord. Read the thread. The term fasting can refer toa bout a billion things at this point. And nowhere did I say things like IF'ing, etc. aren't supported. It's this current fad of dopn't eat for 2 fortnights and dehydrate with a water fast bs crapola that is the issue. Seriously, read the ORIGINAL question and consider the conetxt of every answer within it. Don't just see a word you know 'fasting' and spout off.

And what's her name, well....whatever. You do you.

the positive efffect of every faddish diet is simple: it's better htan their previous crap diet and FAT LOSS always improves everything. Compared to SAD, skittles and DNP is healthier.

Now, you put up a proper athletic diet of mostly lean protein, fruits veg, moderate carbgs and fish oils against ANY of those, and it wins. Period.