BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 07-08-2017, 06:00 PM

Default Anecdotally most successful dieting methods?

Anyone have input as to what dieting methods they have found the most success with adherence wise? Obviously this is has a high level of individual variance and one size doesn't fit all, but I am wondering for when I finish my bulk - between PSMF, EOD refeeds, ADF, straight linear/flexible dieting, etc.
Unread 07-08-2017, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quaddawg View Post
Anyone have input as to what dieting methods they have found the most success with adherence wise? Obviously this is has a high level of individual variance and one size doesn't fit all, but I am wondering for when I finish my bulk - between PSMF, EOD refeeds, ADF, straight linear/flexible dieting, etc.
What has worked for anybody else is of little relevance to what might work for you.
Unread 07-09-2017, 06:38 AM

gosh I just had an entire lesson about starving children from Africa, with horrible pictures that will never leave my head, and here we are trying to get lean. world is messed up.

anyhows, my humble 2 cents is the diet you like the most is best for you, because you'll end up sticking with it. usually it seems to me that people quit diets not because they aren't working, but because they're too hard. whatever is working and is not too hard = do it!

ofc this is like, for the general public. once you deal with lean athletes getting leaner, you need to get a lot more technical. though i might suspect the same thing still holds true - if it works and "feels" right, do it - only you need to be progressively more meticulous about stuff.
Unread 07-09-2017, 06:12 PM

It stands to reason that the most flexible diet would be the easiest to adhere to.
Unread 07-09-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
It stands to reason that the most flexible diet would be the easiest to adhere to.
I think this is really really dependent on the person. I do NOT do well with flexible dieting. I get "too flexible." For me, my most success has come from following hardcore diets such as RFL and UD2. Maybe it's just me, but when I am flexible dieting, I always think "well I'm still hungry so I can have this extra half cup of oats and just do some cardio to work it off later." Sometimes the cardio happens, sometimes it doesn't. Also, my tracking gets a little lazy when I am dieting flexibly. If I am on a super restrictive diet such as PSMF, everything gets measured extremely accurately, and I do not slip up. This is probably because mentally I view it as a "real diet" and I don't want to mess it up. So yeah, depends on the person but anecdotally, PSMF has been my go - to.
Unread 07-10-2017, 03:49 AM

The most successful anecdotal method is the one that appears in the anecdote
Unread 07-10-2017, 02:03 PM

The best success method for me for he beginners phase is to carb up and drink as much water as I possibly can on Sunday. Then weigh myself.

Let's say naturally you are 173-174. After the carb up and water chug I'd be like 180 lbs.

Then I say okay I'm going to eat good wholesome foods as often as possible with high protein and lift weights on M,W,Friday.

Each Sunday my goal is to take a picture of my scale weighing EXACTLY one pound less than I did the week previous. Not more. Not less. 179. 178. 177. 176. 175.

The whole key to this is realizing dieting is not a short term fix but a long term progressive change in mindset and lifestyle.

After 20 weeks you'd hit 160 pounds with nice strength gains. Then you can determine how much longer to run the body recomp before you switch into bulking/cutting.

This method makes dieting seem extremely easy since losing 1 pound a week takes truly minimal effort for out of shape beginners.

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.
Unread 07-10-2017, 02:33 PM

flexible approach, super high protein, EC+nicotine, as much unprocessed foods as you can (with social free meals), lots of sleep, low stress levels, moving past the occasional slip up without compensating for it with cardio or reduced cals days after.
Unread 07-11-2017, 02:35 AM

For cutting, nothing works better than IF for me. After getting over the first few days of adjustment, it's easy to do.

I just make sure I hit my protein for the day and not really keep track of the other macros. I don't have to be a nazi over counting cal/macros because I have hard time over eating doing IF. After few weeks of IFing, my appetite get so suppressed, I have to force myself to eat on some days.
Unread 07-18-2017, 02:37 PM

Realizing it's a slow process, counting calories, relying heavily on ''bro'' foods to keep the stomach as full as possible, dealing with hunger when all else fails. It's a slow process regardless of the way, but you'll get better at dealing with the fact the more times you do it.