BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-25-2018, 03:05 PM

Default Need help "eyeballing" BF% for RFLD?

In a bit of a quandary right now...

Overly stressed due to constantly battling a psychotic-ex for custody of my kids, over state borders; in the middle of transitioning between jobs; stressed to the gills due to a whole bunch of other "woe is me" crap and details I don't want to bother anyone with or get flamed about. I just need some help.

Straight to the point? I'm a 41 year old male, at 6 foot 3 inches, and 235 lbs. in clothing, pockets empty, as of today on a digital scale at the office. I have no immediate access to any sort of DEXA machine; and even if I did, I honestly can't afford to use the services of one at the immediate moment. I notice that certain physical activities and reactions that were not even a second thought before, I've taken for granted, and am missing. You know--not huffing and puffing over my gut, when tying shoes. Keeping it up, at the right passionate moment. You know... demoralizing, kind of important stuff like that. :-/

I'm going to include my picture in this post, as gross as I think I look compared to younger me, because I need help assessing where I am probably at for Bodyfat, in the eyes of you experts. Visually estimating Body Fat % with this URL (https://www.ruled.me/visually-estima...at-percentage/), I guess I'm about a 25% to 29%? I'm thinking that I should give a hard, earnest attempt at the Rapid Fat Loss Diet for 2 to 6 weeks, before gradually edging into something more sustainable to promote lean mass growth? I guess I'm thinking loss of actual "fat" is the priority for my health, and self-confidence, before I worry about getting jacked, cut, shanked, or whatever the cool kids are saying these days...

Any constructive criticism and input is appreciated--again, I could really use the help. Thank you any and all in advance.
Unread 01-26-2018, 03:20 AM

Based on the guide you've used, it seems about right. However, it's hard to tell exactly.

Maybe a good approach would be not to care too much about the numbers and just focus on a healthy lifestyle and a decent deficit (less stress about numbers). And to be honest, it's going to take a while regardless.

Anyway, good luck.
Unread 01-26-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Based on the guide you've used, it seems about right. However, it's hard to tell exactly.

Maybe a good approach would be not to care too much about the numbers and just focus on a healthy lifestyle and a decent deficit (less stress about numbers). And to be honest, it's going to take a while regardless.

Anyway, good luck.
Second that. Nail the basics, adjust as needed.
Unread 01-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Thank you so much for replying, and your input Determinism. I really appreciate it.

I'm just caring about the numbers, so I know what to put in here, at the Rapid Fat Loss Calculator:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/calculator/

When I put in my weight with no BF%, it defaults to saying I'm a 25% BF while being at a Cat 2. I thought maybe that was too "generous" if you will, and I'm more looking like I'm a Category 3 dieter. But it's numbers...and you're right. Healthy living should take the priority here. I'll just go with the high end of the range I provided, and work at changing me gradually from there.
Unread 01-26-2018, 07:49 AM

Thank you for seconding that, patriot2, and your help on the matter.
Unread 01-26-2018, 03:28 PM

I don't know the bf%, but I'd say you're category 3. Did you check the BMI chart that's included in the book?
Unread 01-26-2018, 03:45 PM

That looks like the mid 30% of BF. So go by the category 3 numbers.