BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Rapid Fat Loss Handbook
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Ephedrine helps but not mandatory. Creatine is fine. Eat extra salt. Cheese is optional whey isolate has like 25% calcium rda/serving. Casein is even better if you have.
Unread 03-11-2018, 08:34 PM

Can't say about the ephedrine or creatine.

The cheese should be okay as long as it doesn't knock you way over your target carbs for the day.

300 grams is probably more than I would include, but that's me.

In the US the most widely available fat free cheeses are fat free American slices kind of like yellow melty vinyl squares:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...ices-423166631

And fat free cottage cheese...maybe curds in whey there?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...eese-625008506

Neither one is very appealing if you aren't seriously hungry.
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:06 AM

As categories in the book are 12-15% bf & 15-25% bf and the estimation from the forum was 17-19% for me, expecting that I will probably reach the 12-15% range fast using the RFL, should I start directly using the 2 ratio for protein intake ?

or a value between category 1 & 2 ?

it seems that there is too many carbs in my fat free cheese I will limit it to 100g a day, and will stay on cod, tuna, egg whites (hoping that a very small amount of coconut oil in the pan won't kill me :-) ), and whey. + all the extra vitamin, minerals & fatty acid specified.

For the whey it's either isolate with no added flavor (~ 0g of carbs per 100g)
or casein (~ 5g carbs per 100g) which one should I prefer ? the book says casein is very good to prevent LBM loss, but in the same time it contains carbs in it.

How much carb is acceptable per day I didn't see a limit mentionned in the book
Unread 03-12-2018, 06:50 PM

I would start as cat 2 and assess in the process.

If you can get a casein with lower carbs it would be better than whey, casein keeps you full longer; and 100% solid food would be the best. If zero carb whey is your only option then try it and see if you can manage hunger. Protein powder is not mandatory anyway.

Carbs should be no higher than 20g ideally, and the lower you can keep them the better

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 03-13-2018, 01:46 AM

Yeah reassessment during the process (on Day 5 I think) seems a good option, I'll do it.

For solide food only, eating between 1 and 1.5kg of cod day would be too expensive for me :/
I'll try to do a mix between casein and isolate to reach the daily protein intake after egg whites, cod, tuna and fatfree cheese are consumed.

I have a last question regarding cod liver oil, I bought a bottle of the Cooper brand in my drugstore, there is no mention of the epa / dha ratio, It only says that a spoon contains 2.5ml of cod liver oil is there a way to know how much I have to take to reach the 3g epa+dha mentionned by Lyle ?
Unread 03-14-2018, 05:02 AM

I've finally reached the company producing my cod liver oil, they told me that EPA% is minimum 8.0% and DHA% min 9.0%, so taking 7 x 2.5 ml spoon should do it for ~3g EPA+DHA.

I still have to prepare everything for refeeds & switching back to normal diet after the RFL, and I'll be ready to start it.
Unread 03-22-2018, 07:26 AM

Ok so I've assembled every component for my diet, and plan to start on monday 26-03.

For the carb part I'm planning to eat daily:
- 100g spinach (3g carbs)
- 100g brocolis (7g carbs)
- 1 lemon pressed (5g carbs)
- 100g fat free cheese (5g carbs)

and some carbs contained in whey isolate / casein, hope it's not too much, if I want to stay under 20 as mentioned before I'll have to cut vegetables & lemon

"You are allowed 1 free meal per week and should perform a 5 hour refeed once per week", I will probably won't do the free meal, but for the refeed, taking numbers from the book I will have to eat around 2 kgs sweet potato in 5h to reach it, I will probably do it on friday after my noon workout (which is the last workout of the week) at least it will probably make my coworker at office laugh to see me eat that many steamed sweet potatos.

Hope everything is fine, I will take pictures & measurements to log progress daily. And I hope that my lifts numbers will not drop too much :-)

Last edited by PyromanXP : 03-22-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Unread 03-22-2018, 08:54 AM

You don't have to eat "clean" foods on the refeed. It can be more normal carb foods like white pasta, bagels, sherbert, basically anything with carbs and low fat/low fiber. Sweet potatoes might be a bad idea to base the whole thing around because of fiber content.
Unread 03-22-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
You don't have to eat "clean" foods on the refeed. It can be more normal carb foods like white pasta, bagels, sherbert, basically anything with carbs and low fat/low fiber. Sweet potatoes might be a bad idea to base the whole thing around because of fiber content.
Hmm are you totally sure that high GI food won't mess the diet ?
Because I could definitely eat 1.5kg of sherbert but I'm not sure it will help with the goal of loosing my fat.

And white pasta seems a bit hard to eat for such a big amount because of dryness.. wondering what would be the ideal refeed food that could be eat in large amount.

But if I can cit eating sherbert I will be shredded like hell soon lol
Unread 03-22-2018, 11:15 AM

End of the day total carbs matter during the refeed, not the type. Just basic rules of a UD2 type carbload would mostly apply. I wouldn't stick to only things high in sugar, but keep it to under 50g of sugar total. White pasta shouldn't be any more dry than a plain baked sweet potato.