BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-25-2017, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEATMEOUTTAME View Post
I appear to be pretty obviously around 13-14% in my opinion. That's why I'm curious as to what others think.

Either way this confirms I can start eating again which is nice.

Okay, I'll post a pic in a few weeks after I put on some mass. Shouldn't take long now that I got promoted to a non active job.
A lot of people underestimate his body fat. At less than 15% you can see first row of abs without flexing...sincerly i think you re not at thar level. It is important in my humble opinion to have a honest opinion about bf because you best bet would be lost some pound arrive at 10 -12 (not easy expeciallly if you was on diet before) and than start to clean bulk.
Unread 10-25-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler163 View Post
Looking at image of body comp i have a question. Man at 15% is in flexed or relaxed ab position?
I supposed every photo is relaxed,not flexed, but at 15 % body position let me think that he flexed abs. Right now i think to stay in 13-15 range...i see my up row of rectus ,relaxed...vein in arms and shoulder but the most fat is on leg.
I assume every one below 20% is flexing or at least tensed. Above that it doesn't really matter.
Unread 10-26-2017, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwire View Post
I assume every one below 20% is flexing or at least tensed. Above that it doesn't really matter.
Thanks. I would see how look someone with relaxed abs...because i think when you flex interindividual difference at same bf will be more noticrable
Unread 06-02-2018, 09:02 PM

I got a bodyfat measurement via a 'styku' machine done last week. It was free for signing up so I figured why not.

Not sure if anyone has used these before but they are like a 360 scan of your body that takes visual measurement... While I think it was helpful and showed me things like postural alignment I need to fix and measurements like my right arm being bigger than my left....

I forgot to take my shorts off so it couldnt read my legs and perhaps that contributed to inaccuracy but it pegged me at 11.6% bodyfat. There's no way I'm anywhere near that. I just started working out on 5/1. I'm doing 5 pullups... I have a little gut and 33 inch waist... I mean as recently as 7 weeks ago I was eating donuts, chick fil-a, and cheese fries while at work.

Visually I estimated I was 22-25% when I started 5/1. I've only dropped 10 lbs via lengthy cardio sessions and no compound lifting until this week. I haven't even been doing RFL or anything. I'm DEFINITELY above 15% and I'm almost certainly in striking distance of 20%, perhaps 1-2% above/below

Pretty disappointed in the accuracy of that thing. Online it tries to say its more accurate than Dexa... I'll try again next month (another free one to measure first month progress) and see if its more accurate without the shorts. Also, I should be able to come up with a better visual estimate after I lose a few more pounds as it gets easier to estimate the lower you go IMO.

Has anyone used this form of bodyfat measure?

http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=23215

Thank you Lyle. This website is a game changer once you understand the mechanisms behind fat loss/muscle gain.

Spun my wheels for years prior to finding this site.

Last edited by BEATMEOUTTAME : 06-02-2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: a
Unread 06-19-2018, 09:54 AM

another thing to keep in mind is that your abs are muscles so if they aren't developed as much as your other upper body muscles they will not show as much when you drop bf %. i know i slacked quite a bit the last year or two with ab work so even when i've dropped below 8% bf my abs are not as shredded as the guy in the picture
Unread 07-04-2018, 03:47 PM

Hi all,

Long time lurker, thought maybe I could get a body fat estimate.

33 years old, 5í7 140 lbs, shooting for 8%.

Let me know if another pic or two would be more conclusive.

Thanks for your time...great forum, and I hope everyone has a great summer.

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F72800F3-295A-4F79-BDEA-83CA9A57B46C.jpg (7.0 KB, 22 views)
Unread 08-14-2018, 03:35 AM

hey, i just got back to the gym after a long time - i would love to get some bf% estimation, it is low or high?
anyways:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg check1.jpg (85.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg check2.jpg (59.6 KB, 17 views)
Unread 08-14-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKOLVIKINGS View Post
Hi all,

Long time lurker, thought maybe I could get a body fat estimate.

33 years old, 5’7 140 lbs, shooting for 8%.

Let me know if another pic or two would be more conclusive.

Thanks for your time...great forum, and I hope everyone has a great summer.

Cheers
Single digits I think. Interesting your abs look leaner than chest.
Unread 08-14-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by former View Post
hey, i just got back to the gym after a long time - i would love to get some bf% estimation, it is low or high?
anyways:
Looks like you carry a lot in your lower back, but thatís all a guess based on the pics. 15% is my estimate give or take a point.
Unread 08-14-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
Looks like you carry a lot in your lower back, but thatís all a guess based on the pics. 15% is my estimate give or take a point.
wow really? i thought like11-13% beacuse i have veins in my lower abs and stuff
good to know :S