BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-23-2018, 07:42 AM

I'm going to go full crazy for this site and say that unless I'm in ketosis with something like RFL, meals with lots of solid protein jack my hunger up like crazy. But if I eat a highish carb meal with low amounts of solid protein (think a Subway style sandwich) or protein oats I can be fine for 4-5 hours. The minute I start adding lots of solid proteins from meat or etts 2 hours, or even less, later I am fighting major hunger pains. I have to do lots of shakes & milk when lean gaining for this reason so my appetite doesn't get out of control.
Unread 01-23-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I'm going to go full crazy for this site and say that unless I'm in ketosis with something like RFL, meals with lots of solid protein jack my hunger up like crazy. But if I eat a highish carb meal with low amounts of solid protein (think a Subway style sandwich) or protein oats I can be fine for 4-5 hours. The minute I start adding lots of solid proteins from meat or etts 2 hours, or even less, later I am fighting major hunger pains. I have to do lots of shakes & milk when lean gaining for this reason so my appetite doesn't get out of control.
Thatís what seems to make fasting & low carb easier for some (not all), less hunger, hence less calories.

You seem to have found what works for you.
Unread 01-24-2018, 06:56 AM

Here is a good video by Eric Helms and crew about ad libitum dieting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5Lj4aWLqY
Unread 01-24-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Here is a good video by Eric Helms and crew about ad libitum dieting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5Lj4aWLqY

I usually think fitness videos / articles are pure cancer but this was actually good.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 01-25-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I usually think fitness videos / articles are pure cancer but this was actually good.
Almost everything from Helms, Nunez, Alberts and the crew is usually pure gold IMO.
Unread 01-25-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zLeeKo View Post
Almost everything from Helms, Nunez, Alberts and the crew is usually pure gold IMO.
Legit, informative videos don't seem to get many views.

That's human nature I guess.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.