BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 01-26-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
Your body will tell you. You feel much more hungry, think more about food, become lethargic, have less energy. You're just becoming a wreck.
I've never become a wreck and always had enough energy to play pick-up basketball but I've also been over 20%+ and hungry.

Then again I don't think most people have the will power to diet down to the point of destruction.

Get to 10% bodyfat first while lifting weights heavy 3x a week with reduced volume. Two weeks maintenance. Bulk up slowly (1 lb weight gain per week max), focus on getting stronger, measure body composition changes often.
Unread 01-26-2018, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmyoldaccount View Post
I've never become a wreck and always had enough energy to play pick-up basketball but I've also been over 20%+ and hungry.

Then again I don't think most people have the will power to diet down to the point of destruction.
I was talking about below set point. If you don't have those symptoms, you're probably not below set point. Or at least not by much.
Unread 03-01-2018, 09:08 PM
Banned

Spend more time with my kid

Get a better job
Unread 05-09-2018, 05:47 PM

Late response, but on January I wrote down a few goals. My goals this year are to -

Quit smoking
Lift weights on a consistent basis (at least twice per week)
Find a better job that doesn't suck so much
Pay down no less than 10k on my student loans, preferably more

Since then I've lifted for 3.5 months consistently and put 50 pounds on my 1rm overhead press, about 100 pounds on my 1rm back squat, lost eight pounds of body mass (probably ten pounds of fat and two pounds of muscle, unsure really).
For jobs, I've found two potential other jobs that pay roughly the same but I wouldn't be eligible for health insurance for awhile, so that's a dealbreaker for now.
I have paid off about 4k (extra) on loans so far while paying off a total of about 7.5k, so I'm on track to beat my goal.
Quitting smoking sucks. I'm on the patch but still have one once in awhile.