BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-06-2018, 06:11 AM

Default Day 25 + Day 26

Weight: 152

Nutrition: Low carb. Calories? Fasted 22 hours.

Ate/drank: a bit of cream/bone broth during fasting window, one small piece fried chicken, chicken salad with kale, roasted seaweed, red wine (

Workout: none

Did pretty well at the superbowl party I went to in terms of keeping low carb

Weight: 149.5

Nutrition:

Calories: 1371
Protein: 70
Fat: 65
Carbs: 15

Workout: Lifting/cross training class
Drinks: 2

Stats: Female, 40, 5'7
2018 Starting weight: 162.5
Ultimate goal: 125
Unread 02-07-2018, 06:45 AM

Default Day 27

Weight: 148

Nutrition

Calories: 1130
Fat: 74
Protein: 60
Carbs: 20
Drinks: 2

Workout: none

My "social" weekend managed to extend till last night when I had a work event and ended up drinking 2 glasses of red wine. Stuck to keto and it fit in my carbs but I'm noticing my weight loss is slowing, although honestly, it's great to be in the 140s so consistently (albeit right on the edge).

Can't get to gym till Saturday with childcare. My goal right now is to do a 16:8 eating plan for the next few days, no drinks or extra calories outside my planned keto meals, and a 24 hour fast Friday though Saturday evening.

Unread 02-10-2018, 05:18 AM

Default Day 31

Kinda lost the thread here.

The update is my weight has been in the high 140s for the past 5 days, and I woke up today at 147, which is great (lowest weight in 3 years), especially since I believe cycle-wise I'm nearing my period (though I haven't been tracking that carefully so it's hard to know for sure). In the past week I've been stopping eating by 8 or 9pm and not eating again till the next day around noon or 1pm, so a bit of IF thrown in there (not quite a strict 16:8 model).

The downside is I'm kind of burning out on logging everything I eat, and I've been lax with drinking.

It's been easy to keep the drinks within my macros, and I haven't drunk excessively, but in allowing myself to drink I end up adopting alcohol as a near daily habit, which I don't love.

All in all, I was at 162 on January 2nd when I started low carb, and 159 when I started keto on Jan 9th. Feeling pretty good about where I'm at right now -- 15 pounds lighter than Jan 2nd; never lost this much weight this fast. It's kind of crazy how close I am to my original goal (139) considering the date I chose (April 30th) and I definitely don't want to lose momentum.

I think I might try a "flexible dieting" mindset for another week, and allow myself to be a little lax with the tracking while sticking to keto, and then jumpstart another month of strict no drinking/way less eating out/social diet exceptions than I've been having since last weekend.

I'm also curious about fasting and IF. I tried a 500-calorie/every other day version once before when I wasn't eating keto, and it was super challenging for me -- think I lasted all of a week. Supposedly once you eat keto it's easier. Last weekend my OMAD (one meal a day) on Superbowl Sunday worked nicely and wasn't too hard.

Thinking I'm going to do something IF-ish again today (in addition to the 16:8 I've been adopting) before a party I'm going to. I stopped eating at 8:30 last night and will probably start eating at 7, so not a full 24 hour fast but close.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 02-10-2018 at 05:26 AM.
Unread 02-10-2018, 05:33 AM

Great job so far!
IMO/IME the closer you are on your goal weight the more you will benefit from flexible dieting. A structured refeed every now and then (been a while since I read flexible dieting, don't remember the specifics) will keep your progress going more smoothly.

My ERFL log
http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=34596
Unread 02-10-2018, 05:10 PM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaloum View Post
Great job so far!
IMO/IME the closer you are on your goal weight the more you will benefit from flexible dieting. A structured refeed every now and then (been a while since I read flexible dieting, don't remember the specifics) will keep your progress going more smoothly.
Thanks for the encouragement. I was just reading a tip that for people who practice IF for a long time, that it's important to throw in a break or cheat day. Don't know if this is true but seems in line at least mentally with what you're recommending. And we know, this is pretty much all mental!

I'm going to think on my plan for a bit but I think having a plan to commit to will be good. I'm pretty happy with how I did for the past 31 days, and part of that was committing to something.

Unread 02-11-2018, 08:58 AM

Default Day 33

Weight: 146

Workout: did an orange theory fitness class. It was OK -- I really didn't like the music, so it made it drag, but otherwise love the concept. Just really pricey. But my regular gym doesn't have the training classes I like after noon on Saturday and I realize how important it is for me to get a focused workout in, so I'm willing to pay for a boutique class every now and then.

Nutrition (yesterday):

Fasted 23 hours, then ate whatever at 2 events I attended, while keeping keto. I doubt I could have hit more than 1200 in that time, but I had: some chicken salad, bites of a charcuterie plate (smoked meats, cheese), red wine, a little pork, salted, roasted seaweed. A real hodgepodge.

Fasting was interesting. I did it last weekend for Superbowl Sunday for about 21 hours and broke the fast at 5:30. Waiting till 8 o'clock felt really challenging, I guess because I'm so conditioned to have dinner at 6. The last 2 hours I just felt distracted by hunger. I've heard hunger pangs go away, but I didn't get to that point yesterday.

I hadn't planned on not eating this morning but I think I might wait till noon to eat. Also I can't believe the scale is at 146 except I had gastrointestinal issues this morning which meant I kind of emptied my system before I weighed myself. I'm wondering if my brief fast caused that. I know on longer fasts people have to gently introduce foods. Mine was so short but I did kind of have a lot of different heavy foods last night so who knows ....

Unread 02-17-2018, 07:46 AM

Default Day 39

Weight: 147

So it's my 39th day of keto, but I've pretty much been super lax about measuring anything and have been having some kind of wine or alcoholic beverage every day. It's been nice to be social and switch up what I was eating but I'm ready to buckle down and get back into more rapid weight loss.

According to the app I'm using I'm at an average weight of 146.1 and my weight loss rate has slowed to .75 pounds a week (before this flexible period, a few weeks ago, I was averaging 3 pounds a week).

Right now I have my period so I think I'm really at 145. Would be amazing to get down to 139 after a period of no drinking/strict keto macros.

Going to start measuring etc again on Tuesday after this holiday weekend and I'm back at work and can get into my routine.

Unread 02-23-2018, 06:11 AM

Default Day 1

Weight: 152.5

So I weighed in last Saturday at 146.5 and had a crazy hardcore lifting session that left me super sore. I decided I'd take a few days "off" and then restart a second round of strict Keto on Tuesday. Well, Tuesday turned into today (Friday) and I basically took yesterday as a carbfest. I had a work conference and team building thing and just ate all the carbs and drank a bunch of drinks. (Breakfast was bagels and I ate potato chips with my drinks in the evening.)

A few observations:

1) I wouldn't say I particularly enjoyed the carbs I had. It wasn't like I'd missed them and was so geeked out to have them again. I don't really feel deprived on keto.

2) I'm surprised my weight went up almost 7 pounds in less than a week.

3) Unsurprisingly I feel super gross today: bloated, foggy headed (drinks didn't help) and puffy.

4) I'm excited to take a month off of drinking. I really use it to self medicate my anxiety and I'm excited to not indulge in that habit.

On the water weight note, I'm guessing a bunch of pounds should come off somewhat quickly and I'll get back to the 140s pretty fast. It'd be amazing to stick to my macros and potentially get to 139 after a month. Prior to this last round I would have said that would be crazy, but I went from 160ish to 146 in about a month (again, understanding part of that was shedding water weight which will also happen this time). Also, I'd like to play around more with IF and do some OMADs (one meal a day/23 hour type fasts) on the weekends. Might do one this weekend to kickstart things for my 2nd round of keto.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 02-23-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Unread 02-24-2018, 08:53 AM

Default Day 2

Today's weight: 153

Yesterday's nutrition:

Calories: 1167
Fat: 87
Protein: 72
Carbs: 13

------------------------

Still holding on to the water weight. Stopped eating at 7pm yesterday and thinking of waiting till 8pm to eat dinner today. Hopefully will shed some of this water weight by Monday. Still feel SUPER bloated and puffy, despite eating only 13 carbs yesterday. Also didn't work out all week, so thinking of doing an Orange Theory Fitness class later afternoon if I can make it. I miss being in the 140s!

Unread 02-25-2018, 08:51 AM

Default Day 3

Today's weight: 149

Yesterday's Nutrition: fasted

So I stopped eating at 6:45pm on Friday and fasted all day yesterday. I woke up to 149, which is nice, though not sure what tomorrow will look like after I eat some food today. It was pretty easy to fast all day but I also didn't have anything to do but work at my computer and about a mile of walking to do at errands.

I had planned at eating at 8pm last night but as mentioned, it was feeling so easy by the evening (hunger pains passed in the afternoon) that I decided to skip diner and wait to eat tillt 10:45am today for a 40 hour fast. Now it's almost that time and part of me is feeling so good and not hungry, I think I might just extend this and try and do a 48 hour fast. I have a noon workout class scheduled with treadmill work so we'll see how I feel after.

The more I read about fasting, the more intrigued I am! If anyone is interested, check out the work of Jason Fung, he's pretty impressive. I was already sold on the 16:8 schedule for myself but doing some longer fasts seems interesting to me as well.

I'm still too worried about being hungry/light headed/underperforming at work to do anything during the workweek though but maybe that's just psychological. Anyway, we'll see how today goes. When I eat it will be strictly keto.

As for my weight, feeling kind of bummed I let things slow down so much. I had been at a 146.1 average weight but am back up to 148.1. The break left me feeling not great so hopefully that will give me the focus to really commit to the next 30 days and hopefully continue to incorporate the habits I gain along the way into a more balanced relationship with food/drinking.

Last edited by yupisaidit : 02-25-2018 at 09:11 AM.