BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-05-2017, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriots2 View Post
It seems to work even better than fasted cardio, assuming a Calorically equal environment.
I remember vaguely that it has something to do with increased NEAT or TDEE. Lack of food means that your body needs to prime itself to murder some lions (or just to grab some fruits from the bushes).
Unread 12-05-2017, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
I remember vaguely that it has something to do with increased NEAT or TDEE. Lack of food means that your body needs to prime itself to murder some lions (or just to grab some fruits from the bushes).
Iíve heard similar things, but Iím usually running from house cats, instead of chasing lions.
Unread 12-05-2017, 02:51 PM

Referring to the calorie math not adding up if doing large amounts of cardio - I believe I read somewhere that most traditional methods of estimating calories burned through activity also factor in what you would have been burning if you were just sitting on the couch. So you would have to subtract whatever your RMR would have been for the few hours you were doing the cardio from the total amount of calories burned to get your true excess deficit. Granted for some duration as short as an hour, this shouldn't make MUCH of a difference, but it could account for at least some of the miscalculation you are seeing.
Unread 12-06-2017, 12:47 AM

That's a VERY good point. Depending on the calculator, that makes a huge difference. Especially on those typical YOLO websites where people advice you to lift pink dumbbells, that cardio is the real way to train and you should never ever skip breakfast.
Unread 01-24-2018, 11:07 AM

I'm in my 3rd week of ud 2.0 2nd cycle and water retention is quite noticeable on low days even though in theory I should be getting leaner. Last cycle when I went back to maintenance dropped 2lbs over night and keep it off for 3 weeks hoping for the same this time.