BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Stubborn Fat Solution
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-20-2014, 08:20 PM

Default Just bought the book, I think I'm finally ready for it....

Below are three recent pictures, and I think I'm finally about the right bodyfat level to implement this protocol. After a few months of trying to burn that pesky lower ab/back/oblique fat that you can see in the pictures, I wanted to try this protocol. Plus I love all the scientific detail Lyle includes in his books, they're worth it for that alone.

Plan is to start off with SPF 1.0 on one day, then SPF 2.0 on another and see how I fair on that. Diet won't be anything special, just moderate (about 15 - 20% deficit). I only work lower body once/week, just a few sets of squats. Maintaining leg mass has never been an issue for me. I'll report back with results in a couple months (currently recovering from a hernia repair, so this will have to wait until late April to start).

Last edited by alcahuetej : 03-20-2014 at 08:28 PM.
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:24 AM

Nice. Curious to see how turns out.

But when you say "after few months of trying to burn ab/etc fat", what do you mean by trying? Are you saying that you've been losing weight and fat but it's not coming off where you want? If so, then I'm sure in your case (based on the photos) you have not dieted enough (both length and severity). Nowhere near as much as you could. I am quite convinced that you in particular are really not so lean right now that there wasn't quite a bit further you could have gone before going into "nothing's working" mode. You have good mass gains no doubt, but you really aren't that crazy lean. I'm not just talking abs here, I'm talking the whole shebang.
Unread 03-21-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPecsPeter View Post
Nice. Curious to see how turns out.

But when you say "after few months of trying to burn ab/etc fat", what do you mean by trying? Are you saying that you've been losing weight and fat but it's not coming off where you want? If so, then I'm sure in your case (based on the photos) you have not dieted enough (both length and severity). .
I've lost ~20 pounds over the last 10 months or so. With an extremely moderate deficit for the last 5 months, as I'm in no rush to lean out. As I said, about a 15 - 20% daily deficit, and as I'm in no rush, a few diet breaks thrown in. Yes, I could certainly kick it into high gear and diet more severely, but since I'm in no rush I see no reason to do that. The last six weeks I've stalled around 165 - 167 pounds.

I was curious about the book in general, and seeing as I enjoy cardio (I know, I'm weird) I figure why not try to throw in a day or two of SFP to see what it does. SFP is not a diet, it's another tool to use while leaning out, so I'm simply curious.

Also, with only one leg day, and a moderate deficit, I think this protocol is perfect for me. I'd be a low risk for burning out, and if I feel I am, I can always scale it back.

Quote:
You have good mass gains no doubt, but you really aren't that crazy lean. I'm not just talking abs here, I'm talking the whole shebang.
No, I'm not crazy lean, somewhere in the 8 - 10% range I'd say, leaning towards 10. Which I figure puts me right in the ballpark for who this protocol can work for. Do you feel I'm not lean enough for SFS? I'm asking genuinely, which is why I made this post.

Moreover, unless you're being nice, I really don't have amazing mass gains. It only looks that way because I'm fairly lean at the moment. I'm only 165 lbs. in that picture.

Basically, I'm going to implement this protocol because I feel it could help, and I'm curious to try it out. By no means is this a last ditch effort to get to 6% bodyfat, with a bit more patience I'm sure I'd get there.
Unread 03-21-2014, 01:24 PM

Best of luck man, my guess is you're sitting at 10% or a bit lower(leaning more towards lower) but as lyle states in the book, you are at the perfect stage for this protocol. I'm doing sfp 2.0 three times a week with 40 min LISS every other day, it's tough but ec stack is a lifesaver.
Unread 03-21-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inchristalone View Post
Best of luck man, my guess is you're sitting at 10% or a bit lower(leaning more towards lower) but as lyle states in the book, you are at the perfect stage for this protocol. I'm doing sfp 2.0 three times a week with 40 min LISS every other day, it's tough but ec stack is a lifesaver.
Thanks.

That seems like a lot according to the book. How are your legs?
Unread 03-21-2014, 04:51 PM

you're ready for it. looking forward to further progress pics
Unread 03-21-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcahuetej View Post
No, I'm not crazy lean, somewhere in the 8 - 10% range I'd say, leaning towards 10. Which I figure puts me right in the ballpark for who this protocol can work for. Do you feel I'm not lean enough for SFS? I'm asking genuinely, which is why I made this post.
None of the following means "you're not lean enough for the protocols" as I believe the benefits of the protocols could plausibly help even people of higher bf%.

What I kinda meant - is that you may be imagining that you are presently leaner than what you really are. For example: at least by those pics, you are not even near being a legit "8%". Actual 8% is pretty damn shredded. I haven't seen other pics though so maybe I'm speaking a bit blindly. E.g. do you have a ripped back, striated shoulders etc? You only gave ab shots. (I'd note here that some people even as high as 12-13% will look shredded at certain body locations - some back, some abs, some arms, whatever; so relying on just abs as a guide of overall leanness can be very misleading). Also I don't even think your upper abs are 8% territory and perhaps not even 10% (hardly any linea alba)

I have some experience of this locally and, although this is just going on the pictures (focus on lower midsection), I don't think your issue is stubborn fat; I think your issue is a bodyfat % higher than you expect, and lack of adequate measures to lower it.
Unread 03-21-2014, 06:48 PM

Good luck. Just curious, since this isn't for a short term show or goal or anything, what is the plan after? If you work on building lean mass, will you be okay with losing some of the hard-earned leanness? Are you going to try to maintain sub 10?
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
What I kinda meant - is that you may be imagining that you are presently leaner than what you really are. For example: at least by those pics, you are not even near being a legit "8%". Actual 8% is pretty damn shredded. I haven't seen other pics though so maybe I'm speaking a bit blindly. E.g. do you have a ripped back, striated shoulders etc? You only gave ab shots. (I'd note here that some people even as high as 12-13% will look shredded at certain body locations - some back, some abs, some arms, whatever; so relying on just abs as a guide of overall leanness can be very misleading). Also I don't even think your upper abs are 8% territory and perhaps not even 10% (hardly any linea alba)

I have some experience of this locally and, although this is just going on the pictures (focus on lower midsection), I don't think your issue is stubborn fat; I think your issue is a bodyfat % higher than you expect, and lack of adequate measures to lower it.
I agree completely, I'm not a legit 8%. Just for reference, anyone on this board that you've seen who's a legit 8% in your opinion?

I'll try to get some other shots in the next week or two if I can. I'll need someone else for some good back shots, also the lighting in my apartment sucks. So I'm limited with getting some good pictures.

What is your experience by the way?

Last edited by alcahuetej : 03-21-2014 at 07:31 PM.
Unread 03-21-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
Good luck. Just curious, since this isn't for a short term show or goal or anything, what is the plan after? If you work on building lean mass, will you be okay with losing some of the hard-earned leanness? Are you going to try to maintain sub 10?
Next fall/winter I may try to add some mass to my arms, but overall I'm pretty happy with what I have now. My chest is 44" and quads are 24" so I don't really want more mass there to be honest. I'd focus on arms as they're definitely my weak point. The goal is to be a bit leaner, maybe the 6 - 8% range. For a frame of reference I'd use Martin from Leangains' bodyfat level as a rough goal.

Where I'm at now, whatever bodyfat you consider me to be at, has been fairly manageable. I can still be fairly liberal with social weekend drinking, and going out to eat once/week. And I've been cutting on 2600/2700 calories on most days (I move ALOT). My plan is to hold sub 10% all the time if I can. Once I reached my current level my cholesterol dropped by about 30 points, blood pressure dropped under 120/80, and my resting heart rate is in the low-mid 40s.