BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 11-10-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
You can always step into the GB slowly.

Maybe do just the big movements at first, a couple of weeks where you ONLY do the sets that are listed as 3-4x6-8 and start at the low set count. Build up some work capacity and then add the isolation stuff as you feel more capable, maybe quickly if you surprise yourself, maybe more slowly.
Thanks for the help. So you feel that I'll gain enough strength doing the generic bulking routine to be alright? For the record, I don't compete in any athletics and not looking to become a competitive body builder. I'm just trying to strike a solid balance between a good body, strength and athleticism.
Unread 11-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Well you've been doing the RFL workouts for a while and have another 20-30lbs to drop (doing the RFL workouts during that time) before you attempt starting the GB, if I have the other posts right. Right? That's a decent start.

I'm assuming that you've made good gains in strength during that time, and that you're comfortable in the gym with all the the lifts of the GB. Right?

Assuming both of the above, then stepping into the GB by starting with the main lifts and adding the assistance over a couple of weeks (assuming you tolerate the volume well) sounds just fine.

If you're uncomfortable with that approach, there's no problem with using one of the beginner routines in the main site article for a couple of months first.

For what you want, GB is a good program.
Unread 11-11-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Sure View Post
Well you've been doing the RFL workouts for a while and have another 20-30lbs to drop (doing the RFL workouts during that time) before you attempt starting the GB, if I have the other posts right. Right? That's a decent start.

I'm assuming that you've made good gains in strength during that time, and that you're comfortable in the gym with all the the lifts of the GB. Right?

Assuming both of the above, then stepping into the GB by starting with the main lifts and adding the assistance over a couple of weeks (assuming you tolerate the volume well) sounds just fine.

If you're uncomfortable with that approach, there's no problem with using one of the beginner routines in the main site article for a couple of months first.

For what you want, GB is a good program.
Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!
Unread 11-12-2012, 02:19 PM

I've been on this routine for 7 weeks now and I have to say it feels awesome, workouts are fun, and I'm getting great gains. There is one thing that keeps bugging me though:

On the high-rep sets of bench/incline press I constantly get something like the following: 12,8,8
The first set is not very difficult and I even feel I've got some reps left in the tank. On the second and third sets though, my triceps start failing near the 8th rep and I can't lockout at all, at which point I have to rack the bar to prevent a disaster, yet at the same time I feel like my chest/shoulders can keep going.
Is there any way to work around this or solve the problem altogether?

If it makes any difference, I'm pretty much a beginner at 67kg and 174cm, bench pressing about 70kg for 6 reps
Unread 11-13-2012, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohc View Post
I've been on this routine for 7 weeks now and I have to say it feels awesome, workouts are fun, and I'm getting great gains. There is one thing that keeps bugging me though:

On the high-rep sets of bench/incline press I constantly get something like the following: 12,8,8
The first set is not very difficult and I even feel I've got some reps left in the tank. On the second and third sets though, my triceps start failing near the 8th rep and I can't lockout at all, at which point I have to rack the bar to prevent a disaster, yet at the same time I feel like my chest/shoulders can keep going.
Is there any way to work around this or solve the problem altogether?

If it makes any difference, I'm pretty much a beginner at 67kg and 174cm, bench pressing about 70kg for 6 reps
You can look at/approach it in different ways but as long as you are progressing I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's common/normal.

Do you use straight sets or do you decrease the weight on following sets? As Lyle mentions you could use some type of flye movement as your secondary chest exercise.
Unread 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlakramondas View Post
You can look at/approach it in different ways but as long as you are progressing I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's common/normal.

Do you use straight sets or do you decrease the weight on following sets? As Lyle mentions you could use some type of flye movement as your secondary chest exercise.
I use the same weight on all sets.
With regard to using a flye movement, do you mean that as in dumbbell flyes? If so, do I still alternate flat/incline as I would do with the press? Also, won't doing so neglect front delts to a degree?
(I'd like to note that I already have added 3x10-12 side raises to the upper body workouts, if it makes any difference)
Unread 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM

If I cant work legs for a couple of reasons, and i want to do special work for arms, can this distribution work fine?

Monday upper
Wensday upper
Friday Upper without arms
Saturday arms and abs
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:37 PM

I have a question, does lateral raises hit the posterior delts by any degree? say if you're very slightly bent(10-15)? or is it just bad form to do so?
both my lower rep and higher rep rows are with elbows close to the body, so I'm not getting any work on my posterior delts I believe, is there any other exercise on the routine that does so? or do rows with elbows close to the body get the posterior delts to work by some degree?

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
If I cant work legs for a couple of reasons, and i want to do special work for arms, can this distribution work fine?

Monday upper
Wensday upper
Friday Upper without arms
Saturday arms and abs
haven't you been answered already on the thread you created? or do you simply want someone to tell you your split is ok?
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM
Banned

Re: delts, these:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...eralRaise.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...eralRaise.html
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html

Look at the synergysts and stabilizers mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazilianuts View Post
haven't you been answered already on the thread you created? or do you simply want someone to tell you your split is ok?
Just wants validation for a stupid idea. He'll probably ask on some other thread now.
Unread 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM

hum, yeah I was talking about the second one but with dbs, what get hits is the anterior and not posterior, but both my cable rows with underhand grip or hands facing each other grip has posterior delts as synergists unlike I tought, thanks once again man and I will be using that website from now on heh.