BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-19-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyromanXP View Post
Hope everything is fine like this for my cut (and following Lyle's instruction I'm just going for endless weeks without deload)
You don't need our permission to do with your training as you will. You were given the opposite advice regarding dips and volume on your cut, so go in peace and god be with you on your training. Please stop asking for routine input if you're going to ignore it and do what you want to do any way.
Unread 12-19-2017, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
You don't need our permission to do with your training as you will. You were given the opposite advice regarding dips and volume on your cut, so go in peace and god be with you on your training. Please stop asking for routine input if you're going to ignore it and do what you want to do any way.
That's exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to write
Unread 12-19-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
chinups 2-3x10-12 2'(in my dreams... it will be more near 7-8 reps ... or I have to rest for 3 mins between sets)
So rest 3 minutes...
Unread 12-19-2017, 08:57 AM

It's just that I am scared to lose chest muscle mass during the cut, but if science says that doing only bench & ohp both for 6 sets each week is enough I'm ok with it and will remove dips from the template...

I'm not ignoring your tips, I just thought that the point of Determinisim about "neurological adaptions" was that I should keep some dips. I'm sorry for my confusion, I just want things to be optimized as muscle growth is a soooo slow process I do not want to waste time :/ So I'm asking more experienced people to help me getting the best from their knowledge
Unread 12-20-2017, 01:17 AM

I've also another question regarding the schedule, on the forum Lyle mentionned doing the routine on 3 days ABA BAB, how efficient is it compared to the 4 days a week version ?

Because as the weight have increased now it's becoming hard to do heavy bench the day right after heavy leg, so this could be a solution if hitting the same muscles every 5 day is as efficient as twice a week.

(In the end if it's just the number of workout which count it will take 8 weeks for the 3 times a week vs 6 weeks for the 4 times a week whole cycle)

Lyle also mentionned monday / wed / fri/sat, but I cannot lift during the weekend so I was thinking about the 3 day version for my cut (again if it is not less efficient than the 4 days)
Unread 12-20-2017, 01:24 AM

There is no problem in reducing the number of days. If you're going to cut, your only goal is to maintain as much LBM as possible without recovery issues or burning out. That's all you have to do. It doesn't matter if you train 4 or 3 days. It doesn't matter if you bench press incline or decline. It doesn't matter if you do 3 sets of 6 or 2 sets of 9. Just focus on maintaining intensity for a few sets a few times a week. All other variables are personal and there's no such thing as 'optimal'.

Edit:
I feel that you're trapped in the idea that all variables need to be lined up correctly for a program or protocol to work. That is absolutely not the case. It's easier to think of training as a form of adaption/evolution. The body doesn't care about number of days, about number of sets or reps. It cares about stress and all belonging signals to either increase or decrease certain bodily processes. Your main target when cutting is to signal the body enough such that it won't break down LBM too much. You do that by using protein in your diet and giving some muscular stress during training each week.

Last edited by Determinism : 12-20-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Unread 12-20-2017, 07:00 AM

Thanks a lot for taking time and answering, you definitely caught my mind, I'll try to keep training hard and not thinking too much about it.
Regarding the few last post I will replace the weighted dips by some cable cross over or inclined flys, if you would change anything from my template I'll be glad to hear it, but I hope it is fine now. (the only remaining concern would be overhead + lateral raises + face pulls which could be too many sets just for shoulders, but I don't know what I should remove and anyway I don't think I will have troubles to recover the only lifts that exhaust me are the main ones)
Unread 12-22-2017, 07:39 AM

Btw, what could be good for lower days I am doing
Day 1:
- sumo deadlift 3x5
- sitted leg curl 3x10-12 (only leg curl in my gym :/)
- leg ext 3x10-12
- calves (5x5 heavy + 3x10 fatigue)

on day 2 I wanted to do something very similar to the GBR :
- backsquat 3x6-8
- rdl 3x6-8
- leg ext 2x10-12
- leg curl 2x10-12
- calves

But as I herniated my l5-s1 disk last summer I still don't feel comfortable on RDL (and SLDL is totally a no go obviously), what could be a good replacement for rdl with less or no lower back pressure ? (or maybe I can just remove it if it's enough hamstring work ? maybe switching the second day leg curl to 3x6-8) I don't know what's the best option
Unread 12-22-2017, 07:45 AM

RDL creates a lot of stress in the lower back, especially when leverages are not optimal. If the stress is too much (because of your injury), you can try rack or block pulls where you break the concentric and eccentric portion of the lift. I'm not sure what else can simulate the "RDL experience" without too much lower back stress. Maybe wear a very tight/strong belt?
Unread 12-22-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Hi, it's me again,

I was thinking about the original template with
1st day :3-4x6-8 BP + 2-3x10-12OHP
2nd day: 3-4x6-8 OHP + 2-3x10-12BP

While running this template isn't 6 sets of chest work per week too little for optimal growth ?
I don't think that OHP will help a lot in chest development, so would it be wise to add 2-3x12-15 chest dips (or flys I don't know what makes more sense) as an other assistance on each day after both presses ? Or would it be counterproductive and the 6 chest sets per week are definitely the way to go ?
Questions like this have come up from time to time, both in this thread and other parts of the forum. And other communities for that matter.

Suffice it to say, you're really not going to get much of a consensus. Most of the time, for physique purposes, giving equal emphasis to chest pressing and overhead pressing is a mistake. The carryover there mostly goes one way and the delts (in particular the anterior delts, which is already well developed in almost all lifters) just gets hammered while the overall chest volume is low.

How exactly to manage the pressing exercises is highly personal. Hard to give advice without knowing how well you tolerate multiple compound lifts, what your goals/weaknesses are, what equipment you have available, etc. Including an incline movement somewhere in there is helpful though.