BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 04-16-2019, 03:10 AM

Default why was the main site changed.

Wanted to direct a friend to the articles on the main site, turns out it turned into a barely navigable blog site. Why make it even more difficult for people to find the stuff they're looking for? Isn't one of your biggest pet peeves that you don't want people coming here asking questions about things already explained on the main site?
Unread 04-16-2019, 07:08 AM
Administrator

Because the old site was a hacked together theme from 15 years ago that didn't work on Mobile and had all kinds of problems that couldn't be fixed without a complete impossible overhaul.

So it was easier to just put a simple theme on it and be done with it. There's still a search bar and article categories and I don't know what the old site could do that made it more navigable overall that this doesn't.
Unread 04-18-2019, 09:50 AM

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that there is no oversight of the articles. The main page just shows one article and you have to browse through them all page after page until you find the one you want. There's no little list that shows you all the article titles that are under 'Fat loss fundamentals", just that one main article and then at the bottom you can click 'older post' or 'newer post'.

Search results just give you one article as well. If I type in "muscle gain", just as an example. I just get the one article: "General Philosophies of Muscle Mass Gain", and that's it. I don't get a little list of articles that are relevant to my search.

Its almost impossible to navigate the articles this way if you don't already know all the articles that are on your site. I just think that, as perhaps the most valuable resource on dieting and muscle gain on the web, this information deserves just a tad better and more accessible presentation than currently available.

When I direct friends to check out Lyle McDonald, they land on this blog that just doesn't really look like 'the place to be' for the best information. And then they can't even really reach the articles that are relevant to them.
Unread 04-19-2019, 05:49 AM

Yes, the previous layout had a really handy index. It's still usable via web archive presumably for the articles published before 2018 (scroll about halfway down).

https://web.archive.org/web/20171231...mposition.com/