BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Articles on the Main Site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-30-2010, 10:46 PM

Default information on steroids please

I know that a thread about steroids may well meet with a barage of negative responses, but the fact is that i am nieve on the subject and would like to learn more. Not from doing a general internet search, but from people who actually know what they are talking about. People like Lyle who have been involved in the training industry, and can maybe be objective while giving factual information from experiance.
Different types, how to take it , why its illegal, its effects and indeed its side effects etc.
Please try to avoid sending links on the internet , or giving smart comments. I really would like to know more about this" taboo" subject.
I know that Lyle doesnt join in much on the general forum, but it would be great to hear his views.
Thanks, Tony
Unread 10-01-2010, 03:32 AM

There are tons of other forums that have those infos.
Unread 10-01-2010, 05:15 AM

There are even forums *dedicated* to that stuff.
Unread 10-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Yup and I'm absolutely NOT the guy to talk about it. Never been more than a tangential interest of mine and nothing I've ever delved into enough to offer more than a terribly uninformed opinion on them.
Unread 10-01-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalex View Post
There are tons of other forums that have those infos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiwas View Post
There are even forums *dedicated* to that stuff.
Did you even read my post ? the first thing you both do is point me to a different site !
I am not looking for bro science, I happen to respect and trust the views of people like Lyle and would like to learn more from other peoples knowledge and experience on this site. Why the brick wall ? I mean its as if people are scared to talk about it. I have never taken any kind of drugs in my life , I am 46 yo and have not had my head buried in the sand , but i know nothing of this, surely we can talk about it, no ?
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:20 AM

Similar to how on here Lyle seems disinterested in people swearing and then swears in his books, there are things one can avoid doing on public sites to avoid specific issues (in the case of swearing, no need to offend or scare off part of his potential audience, and it arguably keeps aggression down in discussions where many of us are potentially grumpy from dieting as well).

Related to that - not talking about drugs openly not only avoids potential issues, it then also avoids those who are not in the intended audience, among other things.

So while you may want to discuss it, that doesn't preclude the above.

People gave you valid answers and then you seemed bothered that said valid answers were not what you wanted.

As for what you asked:

Different types
There are many - Wikipedia will have all of them I'm sure

how to take it
Similar to any drug out there, in that some are oral, some are injected, and some are transdermal (usually, but not always, using DMSO as their carrier).
Oral nearly always includes something to allow it to get through ingestion and the liver - which in turn stresses the liver, and those that are injected usually don't hurt the liver as much (or at least not in the same way) - but not all people want to inject themselves.
Injections are intramuscular or into fatty deposits in most cases (that is if you include HGH, which isn't technically a steroid, but that usually falls into the same discussions), as opposed to intravenous (if you were to put it into a vein, the substrate for nearly all of the injected ones is some type of oil - and that would quickly hit your lungs and you would feel pain if nothing else - and there are likely other complications depending on the volume injected).

why its illegal
http://www.steroidlaw.com

its effects
Your wallet gets lighter, your muscles get bigger (in some cases), your fat deposits get smaller (in some cases), and you get stronger (in some cases).
You may also grow hair or lose hair.

its side effects
Acne, irritability, loss of hair, swollen prostate (in men - for obvious reasons, women don't so much run into that), with certain types woman can start to take on more manly characteristics (stronger jaw/brow, hair in fun places, etc), increased sex drive, shrunken testes (this is temporary and only applicable to men), liver stress, and Wiki can certainly tell you others.
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:22 AM

Tony: Lyle's interests are elsewhere. I know well enough to not talk on his behalf, but for the 15 or so years I've "known" him he's not even called the people who were using themselves as hormone guinee pigs for "monkeys". If it were extremely practical for getting better endurance or dieting, he might have delved into it, but not for the "getting hyooge" factor. At least that's my take...

Now, if you really trust your neighbor who's an excellent welder - would you automatically ask him for advice on wood work? No, you'd go to someone with special interest in that particular direction of "building stuff". So, why on earth do you have a problem with going to a dedicated forum with people who have successfully used and coached people with AAS for decades? Why do you not trust people with DEGREES in stuff like that?

Personally, if Lyle said I could get the best endurance and get ripped in a week by eating dung beatles (with the dung), I'd take his word for it and probably try it. If Lyle told me to stack deca with sustanol I'd mess with his protein shake...Lyle's "the man" for many things training and dieting, but he likes specializing - not generalizing.
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuffs View Post
Similar to how on here Lyle seems disinterested in people swearing and then swears in his books, there are things one can avoid doing on public sites to avoid specific issues (in the case of swearing, no need to offend or scare off part of his potential audience, and it arguably keeps aggression down in discussions where many of us are potentially grumpy from dieting as well).

Related to that - not talking about drugs openly not only avoids potential issues, it then also avoids those who are not in the intended audience, among other things.

So while you may want to discuss it, that doesn't preclude the above.

People gave you valid answers and then you seemed bothered that said valid answers were not what you wanted.

As for what you asked:

Different types
There are many - Wikipedia will have all of them I'm sure

how to take it
Similar to any drug out there, in that some are oral, some are injected, and some are transdermal (usually, but not always, using DMSO as their carrier).
Oral nearly always includes something to allow it to get through ingestion and the liver - which in turn stresses the liver, and those that are injected usually don't hurt the liver as much (or at least not in the same way) - but not all people want to inject themselves.
Injections are intramuscular or into fatty deposits in most cases (that is if you include HGH, which isn't technically a steroid, but that usually falls into the same discussions), as opposed to intravenous (if you were to put it into a vein, the substrate for nearly all of the injected ones is some type of oil - and that would quickly hit your lungs and you would feel pain if nothing else - and there are likely other complications depending on the volume injected).

why its illegal
http://www.steroidlaw.com

its effects
Your wallet gets lighter, your muscles get bigger (in some cases), your fat deposits get smaller (in some cases), and you get stronger (in some cases).
You may also grow hair or lose hair.

its side effects
Acne, irritability, loss of hair, swollen prostate (in men - for obvious reasons, women don't so much run into that), with certain types woman can start to take on more manly characteristics (stronger jaw/brow, hair in fun places, etc), increased sex drive, shrunken testes (this is temporary and only applicable to men), liver stress, and Wiki can certainly tell you others.
Ok, thanks for giving me some brief yet possibly one sided information. I will as others have said look elsewhere for more details. Heaven forbid, I would not want to carry on such a cutting edge conversation about this new subject. I mean, its not as if it has anything to do with modern day BB its only 2010 after all !
Unread 10-01-2010, 10:36 AM

Default Please Read

Sorry if I offended anyone with this thread, it certainly was not my intention.
If any of you have read my recent thread " how to eat through serious injury " you may understand that I am in a bad situation at the moment, and maybe not feeling myself. I can assure you it was just a genuine thirst for knowledge.
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Tony,
In here, most replies you get are serious and well meant, even if the person answering you may not understand or even want to understand. None of us want to incurr Lyle's wrath for disturbing his forum

Have you tried talking to an endocrinologist? If you're out of business due to some injury he should, depending on his or her specialty, know how to use AAS for regenerating and recouperating.