BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-11-2017, 09:28 AM

I am jealous of your step counts ha

Morning *wave*
Unread 12-12-2017, 05:13 AM

Hi MoEcho. My home-to-gym-to-home-to-work-to-home commuting circuit is around 7500 steps. It's not anywhere near enough activity to outpace a bad diet, but it does help raise NEAT a bit.

12/10: Week 14, Day 6
intake: OK. Work event in evening, had veggies, chicken skewers, and some cheese. Way short on protein.
workout: none, rest day
steps: 5,800

12/11: Week 14, Day 7
intake: OK. Not one but two holiday events today, one at lunch and one at dinner. Lunch was grilled chicken thighs and lettuce. Dinner was at a vegetarian friend's house. They served lasagna, and it wasn't the type of event where I could just not eat anything without being a real pain in the rear end, so I'll call it a free meal.
workout: none
steps: 6,400

Entering the final week. I have one more event tonight, two on Saturday, and one on Sunday. I'm looking forward to the end of this madness. Why doesn't anyone throw "holiday hiking" or "festive fasting" parties? (Rhetorical question...)

//bstrong
Unread 12-13-2017, 08:22 AM

'Festive fasting' LMAO Love it.
Unread 12-15-2017, 04:28 AM

12/12: Week 15, Day 1
intake: A planned refeed turned into a high-fat refeed. Damn.
steps: 3,550

12/13: Week 15, Day 2
intake: meh
steps: 6,100

12/14: Week 15, Day 3
intake: meh
workout: upper body
steps: 11,652

It's been a rough week. Insanity at work contributed to the gap in workouts, but there's no excuse for blowing the refeed or for nibbling here and there at the endless receptions and parties. Not sweets -- I can resist those pretty easily -- but it's the cheese and the tandoori chicken skewers and the bacon-wrapped scallops...yum! On the positive side, I've just been drinking water at these shindigs, so at least I'm not adding alcohol calories.

I have two parties this weekend and one last work-related reception on Monday. Just have to tighten it up.

//bstrong
Unread 12-16-2017, 04:29 AM

12/15: Week 15, Day 4
intake: P 107 / C 11 / F 17
workout: lower body
steps: 12,932

12/16: Week 15, Day 5 morning weigh-in: 143.6 (-1.2, -20.4)

oh, yeah: 20 pounds (and 4 ounces, because that's important!) lost. Lifts are up in the gym compared to 15 weeks ago, and back to where they were two years ago at this time. Weight is about a pound less than 2 years ago, so within the margin of error. I know many people wouldn't be happy about "no progress" in 2 years, but as a woman who is nearly 50 years young, I am. Plus, I've got abs.

Yesterday was just a good day: Good morning workout, good day at work, good day for the diet, good evening with my family.

Two parties to go to today. I'll be designated driver, and keep the munching in line. I anticipate a lot of celery and raw cauliflower in my near future. First, though, some work, the gym, and some holiday/travel prep.

//bstrong
Unread 12-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Congrats on getting under 144!
Unread 12-17-2017, 04:21 AM

Thanks, Liberty. This morning I caught myself thinking, "gee, wouldn't it be nice if I could get down to 140." First, it's not going to happen in 3 days. Second, and more importantly, I need to step back and be happy with what I've accomplished, rather than immediately shifting the goal posts.

12/16: Week 15, Day 5
intake: decent considering I spent 5 hours at food- and beverage-oriented parties.
workout: 45 min elliptical + arms and abs
steps: 14,659

12/17: Week 15, Day 6 morning weigh-in : 143.6 (0, -20.4).

At least I know yesterday's numbers weren't a fluke.

Today's plan is to work and do holiday/travel prep. No workout, although if I have time I'll put in some LISS time on the bike.

//bstrong

Last edited by bstrong : 12-17-2017 at 04:27 AM.
Unread 12-18-2017, 07:04 AM

Congrats on your progress!! So inspiring
Unread 12-19-2017, 07:36 AM

Thanks, MoEcho

12/17: Week 15, Day 6
intake: lousy
steps: <1500. couch day!

12/18: Week 15, Day 7
intake: good
steps: 10,870
workout: upper body

So, the final results: 143.6, down 20.4 pounds after 15 weeks. Good muscle definition in upper body, including a 6-pack and great delts/traps/upper back, if I may say so myself.

Some progress on lower body, the "last off" spot for me. I now fit into my "thin pants," and a recent pair of dress trousers I bought is 2 sizes smaller than the last pair I purchased.

Lifts are up. Yesterday at the gym I managed "7 factorial" pullups (7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1), and 3x6 dips with 10 lbs added weight. Bench is 125, pendlay rows stuck at 75. Today is leg day, and I'll probably do 125 squat, 80 lunges, 180 leg extension, 175 leg curl.

Haven't been sick in 15 weeks, despite exposing myself to plenty of airports. I haven't been doing much cardio so I don't expect a lot of gains there, but my resting heart rate is around 58 bpm.

I won't be updating the log much during the next three weeks. My plan is to do a bit of jogging, hiking, and do some body-weight exercises every other day or so, just to try to keep in the groove. Most of all, though, I'm going to eat like a normal human being, rest, and enjoy the time with my family.

//bstrong
Unread 12-19-2017, 05:26 PM

Your progress and fitness level are AWESOME. Very inspiring (and jealousy-inducing) to me. Enjoy your holidays.