BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-30-2016, 01:25 PM

Default Rethinking the "A" in the ECA stack

So, the general consensus on these forums (and perhaps the majority of the bodybuilding community) is that the aspirin in the ECA stack does not provide any benefit, and can possibly actually be harmful to your health (ulcers). I always just took that information and ran with it. After doing some recent research, I am beginning to believe that aspirin may confer additional benefits through a previously undiscussed pathway. This is through atrial natriuretic peptide.

I remember reading something about this peptide in the stubborn fat solution and possibly other posts from Lyle; however, as far as I was aware, not a whole lot was known about it in regards to fat loss, particularly stubborn fat.

This article discusses a bit about how ANP stimulates lipolysis and fat mobilization through the increase of circulating GMP.

http://atvb.ahajournals.org/content/25/10/2032

Now it seems the main class of drugs that stimulate ANP release are beta blockers; however, blocking beta receptors also has negative effects on fat loss. This article states that aspirin can also raise the levels of circulating ANP in vivo:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17558597

If this is the case, wouldn't taking aspirin in conjunction with the EC stack provide the benefit of ANP increase while also stimulating (rather than inhibiting) the beta receptors, leading to increased fat loss and stubborn fat mobilization?
Unread 12-30-2016, 04:26 PM
Administrator

You should really read my SFS Patch 1.1 to learn more about beta blockers and ANP
Unread 12-31-2016, 10:30 AM

Will do