BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 02-22-2017, 09:50 AM

Default Asymmetrical form during bench press

Hey,

I have a problem attaining the right shoulder position during bench press. After retracting my scapula and performing a set of bench press, I observe the following -

1. My neck gets deviated to the left during the bench press and I can feel soreness on the right side after the set.

2. The medial border of my left scapula feels more prominent as compared to the right

3. I feel that my right scapula is more lateral compared to the left and is interfering with the motion of my right arm.

Earlier, I thought it was due to lack of shoulder mobility &/or weakness of the serratus anterior so since the last 3 weeks I have been performing scapular wall slides, shoulder dislocates and strengthening exercises for Serratus anterior, rhomboids and trapezius as advised by a physiotherapist.
These exercises have improved my ability to hold the bar properly in case of the squat.

However, I have not seen any improvement in case of the bench press.

Please help.

Thanks
Unread 02-22-2017, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Ever had a shoulder injury? Is this a new devrelopment or has it always been there?
Unread 02-22-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcdonald View Post
Ever had a shoulder injury? Is this a new devrelopment or has it always been there?
I've never had a shoulder injury. It has always been there but I started paying attention to it around a month ago.