BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-05-2017, 07:10 PM

Default not losing

Hi all! I have a quick question. I did the protocol for 2 weeks and didn't see any real weight loss (maybe a pound, but it went up and down) I am just wondering if any other women find this and could my body really be fighting the loss on such low calories. I was on a lowish calorie diet for the 4 weks previous to this also. I train very hard and have found that a diet break and rest day did bring about a couple pound drop. The only thing I can think of is that I ate too many veggies. i was very strict about everything else, i promise. I have 4 weeks left before my composition and would love to drop about 10 lbs. Please help!!
Unread 03-06-2017, 02:38 AM

It's water weight. It would help if you told us what diet you're on.
Unread 03-06-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katehalene View Post
I train very hard and have found that a diet break and rest day did bring about a couple pound drop. The only thing I can think of is that I ate too many veggies. i was very strict about everything else, i promise. I have 4 weeks left before my composition and would love to drop about 10 lbs.
You have my sympathy re:water balance. Not that it helps anything.

If I am reading this right you did 2 weeks of PSMF (the veggies comment).

You are "training hard" and "4 weeks out from competition". So stressed as hell.

Not helpful on the water retention.

Do you have a coach? Because I think that would be worthwhile to look into.

Dealing with ridiculous water issues ATM.

A stewardess friend told me that I could try an egg fast (just eggs and mayo for 3 days) and would guaranteed drop like 12 pounds of water.

I can't stand eggs though, so that would be a mayo and water fast for me.
Unread 03-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Menstrual cycle dynamics
Unread 03-07-2017, 06:50 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am 5'7 and currently 160lbs and not moving. I have been on about 1500 cal/day for quite some time. Occasionally I will go to 2000 to help things along. When I did PSMF I was at about 900 but not tracking veggies calories. I would say I probably ate like 300 cal worth of veg a day.

Just wondering with about 3.5 weeks left to this competition if I should try it again. Winning this comp would mean the world to me as there is a lot of money on the line and I have tons of students loans and life expensive (read kids and mortgage) that could get paid significantly down. I am willing to go hard, I just don't want to make the wrong decisions.

Thanks for all your help!