BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Miscellaneous > Miscellaneous Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 03-14-2017, 10:05 AM

Default Cholesterol

I know Lyle has written about cholesterol before. I'm 31 and just had mine done. My levels are considered "within normal" but if you'll notice, I'm right at the boundary and it's freaking me out a little. I'm 5ft 2 and for the last five years, I've fluctuated around 113-118. So I'm not out of shape.

Triglyceride: 79
Cholesterol: 198
HDL: 54
LDL: 128

My mom is in great shape too, eats super clean at 61, works out every day and naturally has high cholesterol. She's had it since she was 16. So it looks like I have her genetics to thank. (Thanks, Mom).

What can I do about it to lower it and/or prevent it from going any higher? I eat super clean...most of my carbs and fiber come from fibrous veggies (I'm a cauliflower fiend, I eat a ton of Brussels sprouts too). I don't eat red meat. I eat chicken and egg whites. I've gotten away from eating oatmeal daily. Should I start incorporating that again? I have also gotten away from taking my fish oils. Should I start those again? (My plant-based protein powder does have omegas in it from hemp, chia and flax - 740 mg of omega 3s, 360 mg of omega 6s, and 220 mg of omega 9s). I still have a bottle of Nordic Naturals.

My activity level fluctuates depending on how crazy work is. Some weeks, I get in 5 or 6 workouts and other weeks, I'm lucky to get 2-3. But my eating is consistently clean, no matter what. I'll admit, my sleep at certain times of the year does get impacted by work and I could be better about getting more rest.

Any other suggestions? Anything work well for you guys? Really appreciate you guys' help. Trying not to beat myself up over this. I don't feel like I could have done anything differently to prevent it.