BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General training questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-17-2017, 02:04 PM

Default Deload volumen on a 2 set per exersise program...

I train only two set's per excersice when I'm training. I train 3 times a week fullbody. I like only two sets, so there is time for more exercises...don't want to be slave of the gym, have been years ago... Two set'a just feels really nice, but there is a dark problematic shadow when it comes to deload...
because: I like the idea of keeping the intensy high and cut down volumen / frequency by 2/3, on a deload and still keep the muscles on...

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS:

How to cut down volumen on a two set program, Does it make sense only make one set, I guess not..

to cut down by 2/3 or just 1/3 you have to have more sets I guess :-( Now I'm deloading on the intensy instead...not optimal...

Could I in any possible way, do a deload on volumen on a two set program, that gives the right effect....

Last edited by TheVikingFromDenmark : 03-17-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Unread 03-18-2017, 07:08 AM

You could just go down to 1 set per exercise. There's nothing wrong with that.

Another option would be to eliminate any redundant exercises. Usually that wouldn't be much of an option with full body workouts, but at 2 sets per exercise, it might be.

Or take some extra days off/more time between workouts.

Or just reduce the intensity and be done with it.

Figure out a way to make training easy for a week or two. Use your imagination.
Unread 03-18-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBettor View Post
You could just go down to 1 set per exercise. There's nothing wrong with that.

Another option would be to eliminate any redundant exercises. Usually that wouldn't be much of an option with full body workouts, but at 2 sets per exercise, it might be.

Or take some extra days off/more time between workouts.

Or just reduce the intensity and be done with it.

Figure out a way to make training easy for a week or two. Use your imagination.
Thanx, maybe the one set exersice not is a bad idea, maybe a mixture of that one training day and a cut un the intensity on another deload day :-)
Unread 04-14-2017, 02:49 AM

I've found that adding extra rest days works wonders. I do a full body routine with a programmed ramping up of my poundages. At my peak I take off 4 days.
Unread 04-14-2017, 03:13 AM

Do the same amount of sets, keep the weight on the bar and perform half of the reps you would usually do.

So if you did 6+6reps on your normal week just do 3+3reps. This will cut the weekly volume in half.

I prefer not to deload by reducing intensity. It will usually lower my strength level on the first normal week. If you have some joint pain then its better to deload by reducing intensity. Specially if you train the same muscle groups 3x per week.

You will have to try for yourself what type of deload works best. With full body routine you might do well with full rest for 4 days for example like suggested by nsteel. It really depends on how you respond.