BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinism View Post
When on RFL, it's recommended to take sufficient electrolytes (including salt). It's somewhere in the book.
Thank you, yes, I will take a look for that. I have the supplements at home, but have been lazy lately about taking them must past week #2. The only thing I've done recently was switch to a "lite-salt" K+ Na kind...

Nothing else new to report here yet....
3/5: 243.4
3/6: 242.6
3/7: 242.6 (only 3 cups water)
3/8: 243.8
3/9: 242.6
3/10: 242.6 (free meal tonight)
3/11: 244.2
3/12: 244.2
Unread 03-16-2017, 09:00 AM

Come on 230-something... I'm ready!

3/11: 244.2
3/12: 244.2
3/13: 243.2
3/14: 241.6
3/15: 240.6
Unread 03-20-2017, 08:14 AM

I seem to be playing a rather irritating game of ping pong between two numbers again. I keep plateauing for a short while every 10 lbs I drop!

3/15: 240.6
3/16: 241.8 (umm, why???)
3/17: 240.8
3/18: 240.8
3/19: 242 (umm whaat, again???)

Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what the scale is doing lately... Likely something to do with electrolyte balance which I swear I will look into with some supplements soon. I just hate feeling like a walking pharmacy eating multiple pills/vitamins daily.

Tomorrow is a free meal & lifting workout. No clue what I'm eating yet. Maybe after I drop the water from that, I'll be skiing down the numbers again. I've been waiting to hit 239 for what seems like ever!
Unread 03-22-2017, 03:42 AM

Ugh yes! I really don't look forward to coming home from work with about 6-8 pills to take depending on how many Vitamin D tablets I feel like having. Liquid fish oil works best otherwise it would be an unmanageable amount of pills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadQueen View Post
Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what the scale is doing lately... Likely something to do with electrolyte balance which I swear I will look into with some supplements soon. I just hate feeling like a walking pharmacy eating multiple pills/vitamins daily.

Tomorrow is a free meal & lifting workout. No clue what I'm eating yet. Maybe after I drop the water from that, I'll be skiing down the numbers again. I've been waiting to hit 239 for what seems like ever!
Unread 03-24-2017, 09:52 AM

I haven't seen liquid fish oils here lately and I do have the pills, so I better start taking them & my other supps and not waste them...

FINALLY! SUCCESS! 239 lbs. LoL. Get out of here 240s!

Man, I've been waiting for this number forever. Long way to go still to get back on stage, but my first goal of 210 lbs is in sight now. 29 lbs away from my off-season bodybuilding weight which will put me in the low 20s bf% wise. I do see the progress in my waistline inches trimming down and shoulder cuts starting coming back in with the right light, haha, so that's good for now!
Unread 03-27-2017, 05:40 AM

Hey QuadQueen just wanted to cheer you on, amazing loss so far! Inspiring for me on my first week!
This diet is for sure a steady sciency road so no doubt your goal is around the corner!!!!
Unread 04-07-2017, 10:06 AM

I think I'm starting to get irritated:

On 3/29, I hit a low of 237.8.
Had a free meal: A $5-box meal that included: 2 piece Popeyes chicken, side of potatoes & mac, 1 biscuit. 1 cupcake later to celebrate grandma's birthday.

Now its been 9 days and I STILL haven't dropped off the water I gained from the free meal! 9 days?! I'm at 238.4 still and have hovered here this whole time. Tried doing some cardio for fun to flush it out. Water intake at a gallon per day. I'm afraid to even take another free meal soon given I haven't dropped off this previous water weight yet.

Maybe I should reign-in my free meals and pick less sodium-laden items on those days? I don't think my free meals are excessive? I'm a giant bodybuilding female--I should be able to sustain a free meal like that. When I used to carb back-load, I could hawk down 1000g carbs in a day--waffles, brown rice, bagels, oatmeal, gain 3 lbs water and be done with it quick. Something has to be tweaked here--I just need to decide what....
Unread 04-07-2017, 10:31 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. You didn't do anything gnarly. I wouldn't even blame your free meal. Correlation vs. causation.
Unread 04-08-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
I wouldn't worry about it. You didn't do anything gnarly. I wouldn't even blame your free meal. Correlation vs. causation.
You are definitely right!

236 this morning. Haha, I should curse the diet more often. It gave me over a 2 lbs drop overnight Seems like the scale does wacky things for women on this diet.
Unread 04-24-2017, 12:53 PM

I ended up taking a small, well-controlled break over the Easter weekend. I felt that my progress was a little stagnant the last few weeks (or else that water retention is pulling a good trick on me), but I felt I wasn't losing as rapidly as I had hoped. I enjoyed some food, lifted heavy, & needed to shake it up since I had been dieting for a while.

I took a 5-day diet break and increased my calories & carbs back to maintenance level. I popped up 5 lbs in those 5 days and then it took me 5 more days to drop that water back off... which seems about normal for me.

Now I'm down another 3lbs in 3 days. Right back on schedule losing a good amount! Seems my calorie shake-up has worked. The 220s are calling my name