Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-18-2017, 07:09 PM

18:

M1: 6oz chicken breast, cauliflour rice
M2: Walleye (8oz), cauli rice
M3: 6oz chicken breast, no veggies

Fish oil, multi, carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, coq10, tribulus, theanine, thc

m/b/s: 1/6/3

DOMS is painful today. Been trying to drink a lot of water to flush things out but right now I am very stiff. Morning groggyness was present but subsided after coffee. Took a nap this afternoon between 2-3pm... felt nice... usually dont fall into hard sleep in the afternoon but I was OUT.

Good day today.. shed a tear as I separated the walleye skin from the meat... tasty.... tasty skin... oh how I miss you

weigh in tm
Unread 03-19-2017, 06:06 PM

19:

M1: Leftover Walleye, cauli rice
M2: 8oz chicken breast, cauli rice
M3: Egg whites, broccoli

m/b/s: 4/4/4

Not a great night last night. Walked quite a ways to a concert in the city... abotu 2 miles... concert was fun but was very hungry on the way back, probably from the standing and walking which was a lot of activity. I stopped with friends for tacos and had a free meal including a few corn tortillas. It was tasty, but I definitely am holding a bit more water this morning and will hold off on week 3 weigh in until wednesday. Weight this morning was 162... which is 2 lbs heavier than last week sunday. I feel puffy.
Workout tomorrow..

Last edited by bitcoinbull : 03-19-2017 at 06:14 PM.
Unread 03-20-2017, 07:59 PM

Didn't eat much today. A few chicken breasts, no veggies. I got a good workout in, though, and ready to dial in for the rest of the week.

m/b/s: 4/4/4
Unread 03-21-2017, 05:45 PM

21:

M1-5: 32oz chicken breast, various veggies (asparagus, broccoli, lots of garlic, hot sauce)

m/b/s: 2/2/2

Feeling better today. Was very groggy in the morning but got some green tea going and a nice BM... all was well... feelin light and have lots of energy. Feeling back on track since my taco outing this weekend. I hit the gym pretty hard last night and I think that helped. Going to go again tomorrow morning, also weigh-in update tomorrow. This sunday I was still down 12 lbs from start, but at this point I should be closer to 20lbs down. I'm guessing I'll be somewhere between 15-16 down, hopefully in the ballpark of 255.
Unread 03-22-2017, 10:31 PM

About 800 calories of chicken breast today. Some asparagus but just leftover... didn't have time to cook veggies. Had a great workout in the evening.

m/b/s: 1/2/2

Good day today. Feelin light. Considering doing a biking event this weekend, however, and my up the carbs to minimal levels to finish. About a year ago, I'd be pushing a bike event to finish top 10 percent of the pack... this Saturday I just hope to finish. To protect my body, I'm going to consider it a brief diet break, but that said overall I hope I can assess my fitness level and use my performance as a baseline, with the goal of getting back to more competitive shape before the season begins.

Here's what I'm thinking... Thursday evening.. a sweet potato before working out in the evening... lots of water and electrolyes... then Friday a little carb at each meal maybe the equivalent of a fourth to half a cup of rice... 1 1/2 to 2 cups total... then Saturday a light but balanced breakfast... then slow and steady for 90 miles of gravel cycle riding. If I hold 12-14mph it shouldn't be too painful but definitely will be having 100-200 calories an hour of fuel... maybe I'll pack a few bananas...

And all of that said, still planning to keep fats low/minimal/clean and Sunday/Monday back on the strict deficit.

Any thoughts/reactions to this plan of attack are very much appreciated.

Last edited by bitcoinbull : 03-22-2017 at 10:33 PM.
Unread 03-23-2017, 12:19 PM

thinking through this again.. i see they offer a shorter 40 mile event.

I should be able to do that one with ease and little prep/break from the diet before hand.

Friday evening I will have a small refeed of whole food carb sources and again before/during the event. Not really a diet break but i think (i know) it would be impossible to participate while continuing RFL.
Unread 03-23-2017, 12:21 PM

Long-distance cycling and RFL don't go hand in hand...I would recommend a decent carb load before the bike event.
Unread 03-23-2017, 08:17 PM

Good call, David. As much as it will pain me to put off the diet for a day or so, I really love biking and in the long run, the quicker I can get into endurance condition, the quicker I will be happy and active and down the road towards the body recomposition I'm looking for.

Good day today... had a lunch to-go at the office... I used to love the salad bar there, but now I'm learning that what I really loved was the croutons and dressing... this one was pretty bland.

M1: Large salad... 8oz chicken breast, kale, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, hot sauce, seasoning
M2-4; 6oz chicken breast, steamed broccoli, steamed cauli, steamed spinach, hot sauce.

m/b/s: 2/3/2

Feelin' good today. Finally got my bike back from the shoppe and I'm ready to rock. Going to ride a little tomorrow to adjust to the new components on my bike. My jeans are officially falling off my waist..... down another belt loop to a total of two this morning. Weigh in pre-carb up... then another weigh-in next wednesday... short term goal is 245.