BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > General diet questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergalarza View Post
Question... Would just a straight up diuretic solve this and get the water out of the cells?
No, becuase diuretics aren't specific like that.
Unread 06-29-2009, 05:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to EuroAmerican1970

I just signed up to this board and may be a little late to this particular thread, but I found it interesting and just had a comment on it:

I lost a lot of weight several years ago and ever since I have been in great shape. The only area of my body that is resistant to anything is... big shock... my belly.

I've experimented with numerous tactics over the past couple years to work on this area - including more cardio; more weight training; various versions of a ketogenic diet, etc. I realize there is no such thing as spot training, but COME ON!!! How low does my bodyfat % need to get before the little bulge goes away? (I'm already at 10%). Ha.

Ironically, one thing happens EVERY TIME I becoming serious about working on the belly again: I will spend a couple weeks inevitably on a very strict ketogenic diet - see my Ketostix turn a nice color during this time - see the scale drop a few pounds (and a couple BF%) - but strangly my stomach area won't BUDGE during these couple weeks. The little belly remains.

Getting to the ironic part (which is something mentioned earlier in this thread): After a couple weeks of doing this and finally saying 'I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. it' and spending an evening eating anything I want... it is always THAT VERY NEXT MORNING that my stomach has suddenly and magically transformed itself to half its size and is suddenly SMALL. It only stays that small for the next day or so, but it has always seemed so counterintuitive to me that this would never happen during 2 weeks of strict eating (when there is hardly anything in my stomach to begin with), and only occurs after I go off the diet and pig out.

It has even gotten to the point lately that I realize whenever I want my stomach to look smaller for a specific event, I don't eat strict all the way up to the event, but instead I stay strict until the night before an event and then PIG OUT. Then somehow, overnight, all of this surplus of calories and carbs seems to suck the blubber right out of my tummy. I should just call it my 'hoover' meal.
Unread 07-31-2009, 05:27 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kappman

Could it be that you are stressing your body too much. High deficit + hard training - giving high cortisol levels?
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroAmerican1970 View Post
I just signed up to this board and may be a little late to this particular thread, but I found it interesting and just had a comment on it:

I lost a lot of weight several years ago and ever since I have been in great shape. The only area of my body that is resistant to anything is... big shock... my belly.

I've experimented with numerous tactics over the past couple years to work on this area - including more cardio; more weight training; various versions of a ketogenic diet, etc. I realize there is no such thing as spot training, but COME ON!!! How low does my bodyfat % need to get before the little bulge goes away? (I'm already at 10%). Ha.
Post a pic, I bet you're NOT at 10%.

Quote:
Ironically, one thing happens EVERY TIME I becoming serious about working on the belly again: I will spend a couple weeks inevitably on a very strict ketogenic diet - see my Ketostix turn a nice color during this time - see the scale drop a few pounds (and a couple BF%) - but strangly my stomach area won't BUDGE during these couple weeks. The little belly remains.
Wow, 2 whole weeks.

Quote:
Getting to the ironic part (which is something mentioned earlier in this thread): After a couple weeks of doing this and finally saying 'I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. it' and spending an evening eating anything I want
WATCH TEH LANGUAGE. THERE IS A STICKY ON THIS VERY TOPIC AND I'M SICK OF HAVING TO POLICE YOU CHILDREN ABOUT THIS.
Unread 08-05-2009, 07:29 AM

Send a message via MSN to EuroAmerican1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
WATCH TEH LANGUAGE. THERE IS A STICKY ON THIS VERY TOPIC AND I'M SICK OF HAVING TO POLICE YOU CHILDREN ABOUT THIS.

As a weird addendum: many folks have noticed that a refeed can often trigger a 'whoosh'. You'll have someone who dieted hard for a week or two and nothing appears to be happening. Then they'll go 'I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post.I need to read the rules post. it' and have a big cheat/meal or short refeed. And wake up 4 lbs lighter with a visual difference.

I was just quoting the exact same word/phrase you used in your original post to this thread.
Unread 08-12-2009, 09:34 PM

Would eliminating sodium intake affect this at all?

When I used to have to cut weight for wrestling I would eliminate sodium content about 3 days prior and see a nice drop.

Also, drinking about a gallon of distilled water always makes me eliminate a lot of water retention(yes more than just chugging tap water)... purely anecdotal I realize and of course that might just be for the lack of sodium in distilled water.
Unread 08-13-2009, 04:43 PM

Hi
Dealing with excess body fat is NOT a quick fix at all!you must totally change your lifesyle to lose it and stay slim for good. One must calorie shift meals healthily and do cardio & toning workouts 4-6 days weekly for life,although a cheat meal or 2 weekly wont hurt!remember that its forever anytime harder to stay at a healthy low weight rather than losing weight.
Unread 08-13-2009, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin37013 View Post
Would eliminating sodium intake affect this at all?

When I used to have to cut weight for wrestling I would eliminate sodium content about 3 days prior and see a nice drop.

Also, drinking about a gallon of distilled water always makes me eliminate a lot of water retention(yes more than just chugging tap water)... purely anecdotal I realize and of course that might just be for the lack of sodium in distilled water.
Yes, cutting sodium, or reducing it compared to your daily baseline intake, will cause you to shed water. Reduce sodium for a day and odds are you'll wake up a little lighter - but you'll bounce back on day 3, since this only works in the very short term. The hormones regulating water balance adapts rapidly (and you need to reduce sodium further to drop more water).

And you're right on the other claim, as tap water usually contains (very) small amounts of sodium.
Unread 09-04-2009, 03:36 AM
Banned

Default Re:Fat cell water content and fat loss

Hi lylemcd,

Hey,Fat cell water content and fat loss is a nice information. I like it as you are also include basic in it.Low intensity walking is surprisingly effective in fat reduction as is hydro saturation. Cell absorbs high amount of water in these conditions.A carbload would release the water in the cell? The triglyceride were removed from the cell, that the fat cells refilled with water in the short-term, eventually the body dropped that water and the fat loss 'became evident' . I don't believe this situation occur in real life. Can anyone explain me the right reason and provide in formation regarding fat loss procedure in it.I am waiting for that golden information.

Thanks
Unread 09-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Administrator

Yes, you're right of course. I wrote this entire article based on 15 years of observations but it probably 'doesn't happen in real life'. Because you don't think it does. Right.