BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-17-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trn450 View Post
Minor dosing/calculation error = unpleasant death
If you taking 200mg per day, you need more than one gram at once to die.
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:34 PM

And, what happens if some goofball making DNP in his bathroom accidentally puts a decimal in the wrong place? Most drugs on the market have LD50's Far above the therapeutic dose. Such a small safety margin is scary when we're talking FDA approved drugs, let alone black market. This is my position as a new physician, and just FYI when I was a bit more ignorant in the past I would have used it (and hoped to), if only I had access.

Your health, your life, your choice. Do what you will. But, realize that your anecdote does not reassure me, nor do I imagine it would anybody else with an MD, DO, or PharmD.
Unread 05-17-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
And, what happens if some goofball making DNP in his bathroom accidentally puts a decimal in the wrong place? Most drugs on the market have LD50's Far above the therapeutic dose. Such a small safety margin is scary when we're talking FDA approved drugs, let alone black market. This is my position as a new physician, and just FYI when I was a bit more ignorant in the past I would have used it (and hoped to), if only I had access.

Your health, your life, your choice. Do what you will. But, realize that your anecdote does not reassure me, nor do I imagine it would anybody else with an MD, DO, or PharmD.
thanks mom
Unread 05-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:

What if you get hit by a car crossing the road? What if your airplane pilot was drinking? What if what if?

Do you live all of your life in this kind of fearful way?
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowens View Post
Would be very interested to read your continued experiences w/ it.
So end of my 3rd day.
It was a full-fast day which I shall break tomorrow(sat.) at evening... around 14/15h (or about 40h fast).
Did my extended LISS routine at evening (vigorous walk with lots of uphill/downhill segments) which usually burns off around 800Kcal (12km/7.5miles in 1:40h).

And while external temperature (weather) dropped today, I was feeling warm. At today's temperature (15c) this walk would drop my weight by about 1lbs (water/transpiration). It was one full Kg (2.2lbs) which would happen only on a day with temp. over 20c. (yes I control water loss by weighing before/after workout and more so being now on DNP).

Thirstiness subsided and even after this 2.2lbs drop I wasn't exceptionally thirsty. My body seems to have reached a point of equilibrium with that.

One advantage of sticking with low carb (or VLCD/PSMF) is that this depress immune system and greatly reduces allergic reactions of any kind. I used to have Allergic Rhinitis.... never again a single episode since I started my weight loss... crash dieting/PSMF'efing all the way down from 286lbs (I'm 6') to my actual 170lbs (still around 16~18%bf). The weight reduction probably had the biggest impact since excess fat is linked with inflammation. But regardless.... people will suggest all kinds of anti-histamines to take along DNP while lowering carbs/cals can have the same if not better effects.

Well I took a 2nd capsule at night and few hours later the temp promptly raised. Despite the midnight cold temps I'm feeling hot. Not exaggerated hot but despite the colder temp I'm with some mild transpiration going on.
My guess is those 2 caps today amounted to anywhere from 300mg to 400mg real dosage. Will stick with 1 tomorrow because DNP is still accumulating in the system and I will have clear picture of effects x dosage by the beginning of next week.

Still being accustomed with VLCDs in general, coupled with lots of cardio, DNP is being well tolerable. No brutal lethargy or anything of sorts...(but the extra energy drain is sometimes noticeable, but transient).

The warm feeling is also an excellent psychological reassurance that I'm going at full speed toward my objectives and all the effort will be worth it. I will report back weight variations following this regimen at some point next week.
I expect between 2~3lbs solid weight loss weekly... but I don't rule out progress being masked for 15~20+ days due to some eventual water retention. We will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodChild View Post
I'm interested in DNP but I just don't trust the dosage accuracy with these bathtub brews.
You can try to cap the stuff yourself. But DNP it is a pain to manipulate.
Dosage accuracy is indeed off in almost all of the "suppliers" of capped DNP you may find out. I took this into consideration as previously mentioned.

Quote:
Unless I received it in an FDA-regulated form from a licensed pharmacist, I'd never touch the stuff. Minor dosing/calculation error = unpleasant death. Medical errors kill lots of people, let alone the combination of meat-head + black-market uncoupling agent that can effectively cook you.
Define "minor" please. It can take well over 1.5g DNP to cause death (between 1.5g and 3g would be the danger/death zone).
Typical caps used have room for 0.5g of stuff.... so worst case scenario, if a supplier filled a 500mg capsule with pure DNP, you would not die.... surely you would get a nasty surprise but not death.

Do consider that back at 1930s DNP capsules were sold OTC, consumed by hundreds of thousands of people.... common people, average Joe and Jane (housewifes, office workers, etc) and cases of death by overdose was very rare.... unless intentional suicide is the goal (which happened with DNP as it happens with any drug) overdosing is not a question of "minor mistake".

And like I said, almost always those pre-capped DNP being sold on the net tend to err on the downside. And it doesn't hurt to take a look at the contents of the capsule to have a guesstimate of the actual dosage. I did here and in both cases it was evident that between filler substance and actual DNP the dosage was around 200mg.
Unread 05-17-2013, 10:58 PM

It's true. I didn't check to see if my source was a licensed pharm and now I'm posting from beyond the grave. Hell feels surprisingly cool after taking 1g DNP.

Last edited by 4oclocker : 05-17-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4oclocker View Post
It's true. I didn't check to see if my source was a licensed pharm and now I'm posting from beyond the grave. Hell feels surprisingly cool after taking 1g DNP.
Try the same with 120\20\200\7.5 clenbuterol, yohimbine, caffeine, bromo, fasted cardio to achieve new level of sensation.
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylemcd View Post
What if you get hit by a car crossing the road? What if your airplane pilot was drinking? What if what if?

Do you live all of your life in this kind of fearful way?
Comparing black market DNP to crossing the road or flying on commercial air is hardly comparable. I really don't need to expand upon that statement to a man of your intellect.

When risk is additive, it's only wise to eliminate those things that provide little relative benefit to your life for a relatively great risk. Especially if you plan on staying out of the annual list of Darwin Awards.
Unread 05-18-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niloluiz View Post
Define "minor" please. It can take well over 1.5g DNP to cause death (between 1.5g and 3g would be the danger/death zone).
Typical caps used have room for 0.5g of stuff.... so worst case scenario, if a supplier filled a 500mg capsule with pure DNP, you would not die.... surely you would get a nasty surprise but not death.

Do consider that back at 1930s DNP capsules were sold OTC, consumed by hundreds of thousands of people.... common people, average Joe and Jane (housewifes, office workers, etc) and cases of death by overdose was very rare.... unless intentional suicide is the goal (which happened with DNP as it happens with any drug) overdosing is not a question of "minor mistake".
I'm not opposed to people taking DNP. I'm very libertarian on matters such as this. I'm opposed to personally taking DNP from a source that likely has zero qualitative and quantitative control standards. I guess one might logically feel reassured tearing the capsule apart and inspecting, but most people aren't going to do that or have a scale to weigh out the total contents of the capsule.

We can argue capsule sizes all day, 0 vs 00 and how much volume vs mass each one holds, but the reality is that we've got people taking up to 8mg/kg of DNP and others dying with as little as 20mg/kg, probably lower. This surely isn't weed.

I do imagine the vast majority of people will continue to successfully cycle without any major adverse effect, but to those of you convincing yourself it "safe" you're completely delusional and/or ignorant. That's my only point. I really don't care what you do to yourself or how it ends up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
thanks mom
I don't care to nanny you. See last paragraph above.

P.S. I suggest you get your dental work done in Mexico, too.

Last edited by trn450 : 05-18-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Unread 05-18-2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Comparing black market DNP to crossing the road or flying on commercial air is hardly comparable. I really don't need to expand upon that statement to a man of your intellect.

When risk is additive, it's only wise to eliminate those things that provide little relative benefit to your life for a relatively great risk. Especially if you plan on staying out of the annual list of Darwin Awards.
well i'm pretty sure that depends where you live.
crossing the road here can be far more dangerous then 200mg dnp.