BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 12-28-2015, 12:53 PM

Hi guys! I finally got through all 137 pages and registered an account to post in this thread.

(my next step will be adjusting the posts-per-page to show more than 10 at a time!)

I've been running 125mg crystal caps for 15 days now. I started with 1 cap/day for 5 days, went to 2/day for 5 days, and now I'm on day 5 of 3/day. I make that ~300mg of DNP per day since the crystal is around 25% less product than the powder (please chime in if I've got that wrong, I'm doing ballpark estimates here not exact figures).

The heat's been more than tolerable - I typically only get really sweaty after a big meal full of carbs, or around an hour after I take each cap. I've been doing cardio (roughly 5k at ~8.5min/mile pace) almost every day and a bit of lifting here & there. Again, no issues and no problems as far as I can tell.

Here's the part I don't want to tell: I'm overweight - bordering on obese: 5'8", 195lbs when I started the DNP (something like 27-28% body fat). And I haven't been eating cleanly or even very well; my main goal when starting this was to mitigate the holiday gorgefests and to get a bit of a kick in the pants toward dropping the next 30-40lbs.

To be honest I don't even have a good read on how much I've lost in the last 2 weeks; the scale is all over the place, probably due to water retention and the frequency of my meals. I'll go up 3lbs one day, and down 1.5lbs the next.

I absolutely recognize that I need to dial in the diet if I want to lose & keep weight off. The DNP was intended as a kickstart like I said, the psychological boost to get me headed in the right direction.

So my questions are:

1. It seems like people are saying that if I'm on a relatively low dose (I plan to stay at 300mg/day or *maybe* go up to 400mg/day at most) I can do a longer run, provided the side effects are tolerable and I see no signs of PN. If those statements are true, is it really safe to stay on DNP for, say, six or eight weeks?

2. Will PN present intermittently or be noticeable all the time? I ask because I think I'm tricking myself into feeling pins & needles, and they always go away a few minutes after I detect them. So far it's been one hand one time, and one toe one time, over the last week. I suspect it'll be persistent and not "here one minute gone the next" but wanted some input on that.

3. If I haven't felt the lethargy (or, haven't felt it to a huge extent - I feel a hair lazier than usual but not this "I just want to lay on the couch and sweat" that others have described) should I expect it down the road or am I probably good to go for an extended period at this dose?

I'm mainly looking for anecdotes and personal experiences with these questions, since I realize that side effects and results from DNP are hugely personal across the board. I didn't see much about these topics in the thread so far, which is why I registered to ask.

Thanks in advance for any input. And while I fully expect to hear it a bunch, please know that I do understand I have to fix my intake to see & maintain long-term results. I don't expect DNP to be a miracle pill, but I do want it to give me the quick little victory that I can use as a foundation for solid growth. That's all.
Unread 12-30-2015, 07:15 AM

There is no absolute security with DNP, you no will die if you are driving as 250-300 mg dose, but you can develop PN.

Punctures seems PN symptoms, but I think many people have brain tricks, paranoid.

You should not change anything even though you have the temptation to increasing the dose, working on diet and exercise, and DNP will help you reach your goal.

Last edited by Beti ona : 12-30-2015 at 07:17 AM.
Unread 12-30-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisibleman View Post
Hi guys! I finally got through all 137 pages and registered an account to post in this thread.

(my next step will be adjusting the posts-per-page to show more than 10 at a time!)

I've been running 125mg crystal caps for 15 days now. I started with 1 cap/day for 5 days, went to 2/day for 5 days, and now I'm on day 5 of 3/day. I make that ~300mg of DNP per day since the crystal is around 25% less product than the powder (please chime in if I've got that wrong, I'm doing ballpark estimates here not exact figures).

The heat's been more than tolerable - I typically only get really sweaty after a big meal full of carbs, or around an hour after I take each cap. I've been doing cardio (roughly 5k at ~8.5min/mile pace) almost every day and a bit of lifting here & there. Again, no issues and no problems as far as I can tell.

Here's the part I don't want to tell: I'm overweight - bordering on obese: 5'8", 195lbs when I started the DNP (something like 27-28% body fat). And I haven't been eating cleanly or even very well; my main goal when starting this was to mitigate the holiday gorgefests and to get a bit of a kick in the pants toward dropping the next 30-40lbs.

To be honest I don't even have a good read on how much I've lost in the last 2 weeks; the scale is all over the place, probably due to water retention and the frequency of my meals. I'll go up 3lbs one day, and down 1.5lbs the next.

I absolutely recognize that I need to dial in the diet if I want to lose & keep weight off. The DNP was intended as a kickstart like I said, the psychological boost to get me headed in the right direction.

So my questions are:

1. It seems like people are saying that if I'm on a relatively low dose (I plan to stay at 300mg/day or *maybe* go up to 400mg/day at most) I can do a longer run, provided the side effects are tolerable and I see no signs of PN. If those statements are true, is it really safe to stay on DNP for, say, six or eight weeks?

2. Will PN present intermittently or be noticeable all the time? I ask because I think I'm tricking myself into feeling pins & needles, and they always go away a few minutes after I detect them. So far it's been one hand one time, and one toe one time, over the last week. I suspect it'll be persistent and not "here one minute gone the next" but wanted some input on that.

3. If I haven't felt the lethargy (or, haven't felt it to a huge extent - I feel a hair lazier than usual but not this "I just want to lay on the couch and sweat" that others have described) should I expect it down the road or am I probably good to go for an extended period at this dose?

I'm mainly looking for anecdotes and personal experiences with these questions, since I realize that side effects and results from DNP are hugely personal across the board. I didn't see much about these topics in the thread so far, which is why I registered to ask.

Thanks in advance for any input. And while I fully expect to hear it a bunch, please know that I do understand I have to fix my intake to see & maintain long-term results. I don't expect DNP to be a miracle pill, but I do want it to give me the quick little victory that I can use as a foundation for solid growth. That's all.
You're the textbook case of someone who should not be using DNP.
Unread 12-31-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
There is no absolute security with DNP, you no will die if you are driving as 250-300 mg dose, but you can develop PN.

Punctures seems PN symptoms, but I think many people have brain tricks, paranoid.

You should not change anything even though you have the temptation to increasing the dose, working on diet and exercise, and DNP will help you reach your goal.
Thanks. I won't increase the dose.
Unread 12-31-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesDean View Post
You're the textbook case of someone who should not be using DNP.
Yeah, probably. I'm doing it anyways. The diet's getting dialed in - over the last 3-4 days I've managed a 400-500 calorie deficit. Like I said what I wanted was the mental victory of dropping a quick 7-10lbs since I've been stalled for so long.

Anyway thanks for your opinion.
Unread 01-04-2016, 02:54 PM

Why is this thread 137 pages long and whats the tl;dr of it? I read until page 20 or so and already have:
- not as dangerous as people make it
- half life of 36hrs
- take a small dosage for a few days, then increase it, then break for a week
- combine with EC
- Conciliator knows everything
- take some Vit C and E with it, maybe T3
- it must be yellow stained to be genuine
Unread 01-05-2016, 07:17 AM

You learn pretty fast.
Unread 01-05-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceSARMstrong View Post
Why is this thread 137 pages long and whats the tl;dr of it? I read until page 20 or so and already have:
- not as dangerous as people make it
- half life of 36hrs
- take a small dosage for a few days, then increase it, then break for a week
- combine with EC
- Conciliator knows everything
- take some Vit C and E with it, maybe T3
- it must be yellow stained to be genuine
Here is the TL;DR -
If you can't be bothered to read through the thread and educate yourself properly then you have no business messing with DNP
Unread 01-06-2016, 12:11 PM

woah, chill I would've read it anyway, but a summary before reading the whole thing helps.

About 20 pages or so left. I think the actual usage of DNP isn't that complicated. I'll just start with about 125mg for 3-4 days and than up the dosage slightly. The most important thing is to watch out for symptoms of PN, I guess. If I'd get them, I would discontinue taking it immediately and flush the stuff down the toilet.

Somebody mentioned that there could be ways to prevent cataracts. I'll do some research on this, but if it's not in this thread, it probably doesn't exist.

With DNP I would get a 500 - 700 calories bigger deficit than without it. According to my bodymedia, this is the equivalent of 1,5 - 2hrs of pretty high activity (almost HIIT). This is impossible to do while having a 1000 - 2000 deficit, so I guess the DNP is worth it.

In understand that DNP makes the production of energy inefficient, so: Is the way DNP creates a higher deficit better for keeping LBM?
I guess it is, because you don't have to actually move and use your muscles to create it.
Unread 01-06-2016, 12:31 PM

I've read some speculation that due to the pathways DNP operates under it lessens the likelihood of muscle loss even with a bigger deficit than normal. I still keep protein at 1.5x LBM when on it for satiety.

As this thread goes I would search out any posts by Niloluiz who did a lot of research of the old Conciliator posts from various other forums and gave out lots of good info. And anything Lyle chimed in with is worth reading, too.