BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > General information > Supplements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM

The supplier that was mentioned early in the thread on Alibaba (Nongda) must be on frickin' vacation, because they haven't responded to my request in 3 days. Stupid Ms. Li!
Unread 06-07-2014, 12:22 PM

Ok, Ms. Li came through. Nevermind. :-)
Unread 06-07-2014, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentmrbean View Post
if they're verified and gold member on alibaba - they're good to go.
You couldn't be more wrong. Gold members can and do scam plenty, like -afinil compounds. But DNP is not like rx meds where counterfeits are profitable, it's an incredibly cheap and commercially legal plant growth regulator.

Quote:
Stupid Ms. Li!
Hey now show some respect, Ms. Li seems to be a kind and patient rep suddenly dealing with western drug fiends

(But 3 days isn't a long time, you have a longer wait ahead of you ordering anything from HK)

Last edited by noah_k : 06-07-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Unread 06-10-2014, 10:37 AM

Default DNP Purity

It seems like there are plenty of sources for bulk dnp powder compared to ten years ago. But, personally, I'm quite concerned about what else one might get along with their DNP, given that the production of this chemical is for industrial purposes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on getting samples tested for purity and contamination? Any insight into what I might be looking to have done? Mass spectrometry should give me some insight, no?

My big concerns are contamination from other chemical pesticides, heavy metals, and reaction byproducts. I don't know about the safety profile of some of the other dinitrophenols like 2,5, but I have seen references to sulphur ash as a possible reaction byproduct.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Unread 06-15-2014, 01:35 PM

The purity claims put forth by the suppliers themselves are quite high and as industrial suppliers I'd imagine they have some standard to adhere to. But then again it is HK. Independent mass spec would always be a good idea if you have access. Recently another board has started a movement of independently mass spec'ing raw powders of different drugs and supplements which has completely changed the game.

As far as contaminants go, it's wise to be cautious. As it is a plant growth regulator from agrochem companies, I would think risk of heavy metals would be lower, but cross contamination with other pesticides is a scary thought. Fortunately, no one has had any problems.
Unread 06-15-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakio View Post
It seems like there are plenty of sources for bulk dnp powder compared to ten years ago. But, personally, I'm quite concerned about what else one might get along with their DNP, given that the production of this chemical is for industrial purposes.

Does anyone have any thoughts on getting samples tested for purity and contamination? Any insight into what I might be looking to have done? Mass spectrometry should give me some insight, no?

My big concerns are contamination from other chemical pesticides, heavy metals, and reaction byproducts. I don't know about the safety profile of some of the other dinitrophenols like 2,5, but I have seen references to sulphur ash as a possible reaction byproduct.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I've been on the Ms. Li DNP I capped myself since I ran out of pre-capped source. I'm still alive so far with only 2 more weeks to go of this cycle.

As was mentioned in this thread some time ago, this is probably how the pre-capped sources we all know get theirs as well, so purity is actually probably better since you're eliminating the middle man.
Unread 06-16-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I've been on the Ms. Li DNP I capped myself since I ran out of pre-capped source. I'm still alive so far with only 2 more weeks to go of this cycle.

As was mentioned in this thread some time ago, this is probably how the pre-capped sources we all know get theirs as well, so purity is actually probably better since you're eliminating the middle man.
Have you been keeping along on this site? How's your cycle been?
Unread 06-16-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleRB View Post
Have you been keeping along on this site? How's your cycle been?
I've tried to do logs before, but I know how I am. I'll do well for a day or two, then quickly lose interest or forget about it. So no log for this one either.

Long story short, it's the quickest and most successful cut I've ever done. Worked my way up to a net 500 mg dose a day. I travel a lot for work and stick as close to normal maintenance as I can on those days and let the DNP create the deficit. When I'm home I stick to RFL most of the time to speed up the fat loss. Was about 210 @ 17% when I started in April and today was 185 @ 9% depleted weight. So not too bad for basically not dieting too hard nearly every other week. Maintained strength and muscles just fine. Finishing these last 2 weeks with a category 1 RFL to get me to 7% and calling it done.
Unread 06-16-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah_k View Post
The purity claims put forth by the suppliers themselves are quite high and as industrial suppliers I'd imagine they have some standard to adhere to. But then again it is HK. Independent mass spec would always be a good idea if you have access. Recently another board has started a movement of independently mass spec'ing raw powders of different drugs and supplements which has completely changed the game.

As far as contaminants go, it's wise to be cautious. As it is a plant growth regulator from agrochem companies, I would think risk of heavy metals would be lower, but cross contamination with other pesticides is a scary thought. Fortunately, no one has had any problems.
I think you're right that cross-contamination is the bigger risk. Truthfully, I suspect that at milligram doses of a 98% or 99% pure product, most of the likely common pesticide contaminants wouldn't have an acute effect and might not even be that harmful, but it would be interesting to do a survey to confirm that.

I'm looking to get GCMS done, right? That should be able to identify each contaminate by weight, I think. I'll have to do some more reading.

I've taken DNP before and felt fine on an acute basis, but who knows what kind of increased cancer risk or chronic toxicity might be present.

I'd be happiest with a non-profit group buy of very well tested bulk powder to spread the cost of GCMS around, but I don't think this is the forum for that. If I end up spending the cash, I'll definitely share the results.
Unread 06-16-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightCrow View Post
I've tried to do logs before, but I know how I am. I'll do well for a day or two, then quickly lose interest or forget about it. So no log for this one either.

Long story short, it's the quickest and most successful cut I've ever done. Worked my way up to a net 500 mg dose a day. I travel a lot for work and stick as close to normal maintenance as I can on those days and let the DNP create the deficit. When I'm home I stick to RFL most of the time to speed up the fat loss. Was about 210 @ 17% when I started in April and today was 185 @ 9% depleted weight. So not too bad for basically not dieting too hard nearly every other week. Maintained strength and muscles just fine. Finishing these last 2 weeks with a category 1 RFL to get me to 7% and calling it done.
Good work!! How long was your dnp cycle?