BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-12-2016, 07:41 AM

Talking

Not doing RFL at the moment. More like a "bastardized version"...much slower weight loss but I can still work out the way I like and eat some fruit. I still follow the low fat/low carb/high protein, two refeed options a week though. The "pattern" just seems easy for me. And I'm not on a "deadline" to lose weight so it works in my situation.

But I've done RFL before/after vacations or after a significant "life event" that has taken me out of my weight norm or comfort zone. Usually just 2-3 weeks (tops) will get me back to where I like.

And don't worry about that scale not changing. I admit it makes me nuts when that happens but I do tape and caliper measurments once a week as well. It helps when the scale is stagnant. Also, again since we are both small, the weight loss doesn't seem to be huge for me either...even when I'm going strict. First week I might get 4-5 pounds if I'm REALLY bloated but after that I'm lucky if it's two pounds a week...which is why I started doing the measurements along with the scale. It helps mentally

Hang in there!
Unread 05-12-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilnacarter View Post
Check out the recipe section

I have a favourite Thai Chciken salad (larb gai)

Ground chicken
Fish sauce
Lime juice
Mint Cilantro
Green beans and red onion.

No extra calories from sugary sauces or fats there and its delicious.
I'll have to try this out, thanks Neilnacarter!
Unread 05-12-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfczarnecki View Post
Not doing RFL at the moment. More like a "bastardized version"...much slower weight loss but I can still work out the way I like and eat some fruit. I still follow the low fat/low carb/high protein, two refeed options a week though. The "pattern" just seems easy for me. And I'm not on a "deadline" to lose weight so it works in my situation.

But I've done RFL before/after vacations or after a significant "life event" that has taken me out of my weight norm or comfort zone. Usually just 2-3 weeks (tops) will get me back to where I like.

And don't worry about that scale not changing. I admit it makes me nuts when that happens but I do tape and caliper measurments once a week as well. It helps when the scale is stagnant. Also, again since we are both small, the weight loss doesn't seem to be huge for me either...even when I'm going strict. First week I might get 4-5 pounds if I'm REALLY bloated but after that I'm lucky if it's two pounds a week...which is why I started doing the measurements along with the scale. It helps mentally

Hang in there!
Awesome! And appreciate the support It can be so frustrating and discouraging to see the scale stick, but I *know* my body is changing and I must be losing. I'm going to find a tape measure and start taking measurements asap.
Unread 05-12-2016, 07:33 PM

Day 5

Weight: 131.0lbs (-0.6, -3)

Protein: 117
Fat: 19
Carbs: 16
Cals: 736
** (doesn't include supplements and veggies)

Workout: none

It's day 5 already and slowly but surely the scale is going down. I'm going to be honest - I'm still kind of discouraged by my progress thus far, especially because I thought I had a lot of water weight to lose initially. I also thought I would have lost more than 3lbs after five full days of RFL. IDK maybe I'm more disappointed that my starting weight was much higher than expected. And maybe if I had started at 130 and was down to 127 today I would be happier? Anyway, it is what it is so I just need to stay focused and committed to my goals.

I was hoping to break 130 by the end of my first week and I suppose that goal is still reachable if I lose just over 1lb from now until Saturday.

Today was ok. I haven't been hungry much but I've definitely been bored with my food selection. I just wasn't in the mood to eat any of my RFL food today and waited till about an hour ago to get the last 70g or so of protein in for the day. I think my macros are ok, but I'd still like to see if I can get my fat lower and keep my protein above 120g.

Sleep was fine last night. No problems there.

I've been very good at taking all my sups too. I'm only doing a total of 25/200mg EC per day (half in the AM, half at noon) at the moment and it's been working just fine for me. I also take 6g of Fish Oil, 1000mg Calcium, 500mg Magnesium, 99mg Potassium, and a multivitamin every day.

I'll have to search/do some research on this, but I do wonder if any of the other vitamins I take are hindering my weight loss and/or causing me to retain water? I can't imagine they are/do, but who knows Aside from the above, I take B-Complesx, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, and Biotin.
Unread 05-13-2016, 05:35 PM

Day 6

Weight: 131.0lbs (0, -3)

Welp, the scale was unchanged this morning and I'm still at 131lbs. I was disappointed but I'm not defeated. I still plan to see this RFL diet through. I have plans Memorial Day weekend to go to a beach house with friends so I will be doing RFL until I leave on Thursday May 26. That's 12 full days to get completely dialed in with my diet. I may add some easy LISS cardio depending on when I break through 130, and I will continue to do two full body workouts per week.

Today I had a free meal. I decided to shake things up with the hopes that it will get the scale moving. I know that I can expect to see the scale go up post-free meal before it goes back down again but that's ok. I had fish tacos (soft) and two beers and met the rest of my protein requirements with egg whites this morning, grilled chicken on salad around lunch, and protein shakes. I also took all my supps.

Last night I slept horribly (just like my first RFL night). I had a lot on my mind and I was tossing and turning for hours and every time I felt I was about to drift off to sleep I got the urge to use the bathroom (go figure). But hey, it's Friday and tomorrow I get to sleep in

Last edited by cl046 : 05-13-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Unread 05-16-2016, 06:58 AM

Update

I'm still here!

I was invited last minute to a friend's lake house over the weekend (5/14-15) so I wasn't able to post. I tried to eat RFL foods most of the time I was there but I wasn't 100% compliant and I did drink some alcohol. So, I don't count that a RFL weekend. But now I'm back!

I have 10 fulls day until I leave for my Memorial Day beach weekend. I'm planning to do NO free meals until then. I will also see how I feel before I decide if I want to a refeed this weekend. I'm not sure if I *need* the refeed since I'm pretty close to the Cat 1/Cat 2 cusp and it's only 10 days before I leave. But I will play it by ear and see how I'm feeling.

Weight wise: I weighed-in at 130.0 on Saturday morning and I weighed-in at 131.6 this Monday morning.
Unread 05-16-2016, 07:30 PM

Day 7

Weight: 131.6lbs (--, -2.4)

Protein: 123
Fat: 6
Carbs: 13
Cals: 647

Workout: Full Body weights

Okay here we go. I'm labeling this Day 7 because I was not RFL compliant over the weekend (see previous post). I weighed in 131.6 this morning so I am down -2.4lbs from the start (I got as low as 130 on Saturday morning).

Today was great. I got my fat and carbs down and kept my protein high. I made the Mexican Style Shredded Chicken from this post http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/showthread.php?t=6912 and it was delicious! I added some ff sour cream, ff cheese, freshly chopped salsa, and a squeeze of lime and would highly recommend it. The chicken came out super juicy and tasty. Other meals today included egg whites, tuna with ff mayo, chopped salad with grilled chicken, and a protein shake.

After work I did a full body workout with weights and felt great during and after. I'm going to try and make an effort to add a couple of LISS sessions this week or at the very least get in more steps/walking during the day.
Unread 05-17-2016, 07:16 PM

Day 8

Weight: 130.8lbs (-0.8, -3.2)

Protein: 119
Fat: 6
Carbs: 12
Cals: 623

Today was good for the most part. I kept fat and carbs down and my protein close to my target. I had another serving of the Mexican style shredded chicken I made yesterday (see previous post) and it was just as delicious as it was last night. I also did some more digging in the recipes section and found some yummy ways to dress up my boring ol' tuna. Today I added sliced dill pickles, chopped celery, chopped onions, and some mustard - it was good!

Sleep last night was better. Not much tossing and turning and no (zero, zip, nada!) pee runs in the middle of the night.

I will say that I was very tired/fatigued today and didn't have energy to do much more than crash on the couch when I got home. I had almost the exact same feeling last week the day after I did a full body workout so I have a strong feeling it's related to that. We'll see how I feel the rest of the week though.

This morning I weighed in at 130.8. I'm really, really hoping I break 130 either tomorrow or Thursday. Wish me luck!
Unread 05-18-2016, 03:59 PM

Day 9

Weight: 129.4lbs (-1.4, -4.6)

Protein: 115
Fat: 13
Carbs: 13
Cals: 670

Today was awesome! I had my biggest overnight scale loss since starting RFL and I broke 130, weighing in this morning at 129.4. I was so excited when that number popped on the scale because I really wasn't sure if I was going to break 130 and I definitely didn't think I would be 0.6 below it. So yeah that was a great way to start my day

Food wise was less than ideal. I picked up some ground turkey meat but it was 93/7 which is why my fat grams are up today. I did try and rinse the ground turkey after cooking it but I'm not entirely sure how much fat (if any?) washed away so I just kept the full grams in my calculations. I have a lot left over too so my fat grams will be on the higher side tomorrow and possibly the next day.

Sleep was ok last night but today I was exhausted. My head felt foggy and my body just felt weak and tired. I kept finding myself zoning out today which is not something that usually happens to me. I'm not sure if upping my EC stack dosage would do much to help this side effect (i think it has more to do with the lack of carbs, although I could be wrong?) but I still have room to play with that since I'm still only taking a total of 25/200mg EC per day (half in the AM, half at noon). I'm going to try to go to bed early tonight and then see how I feel again tomorrow.

No workouts today. Honestly, I was too tired to do any sort of LISS like I had originally wanted to start doing this week. But full body workouts are still a must so I plan to do that either tomorrow or Friday.
Unread 05-19-2016, 08:52 AM

Thumbs up

Woo hoo! I know how awesome it feels to break that "130 plane"...on top of the world! Congrats!