BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 05-19-2016, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfczarnecki View Post
Woo hoo! I know how awesome it feels to break that "130 plane"...on top of the world! Congrats!
haha it sure does!! thanks sfczarnecki
Unread 05-19-2016, 04:42 PM

Day 10

Weight: 129.4lbs (0, -4.6)

Protein: 115
Fat: 13
Carbs: 13
Cals: 670
** (doesn't include supplements and veggies)

Workout: full body workout

Today was tough. I more or less was able to meet my macros (I ate the same exact thing as yesterday) and I was able to get my full body workout in, but it felt like it took every ounce of my mental willpower to get through it all. I felt like crashing after work because my body was just so tired and mentally I was dragging, but I forced myself to change into gym clothes and once my shoes were tied I ran out the door so that I didn't have any time to change my mind.

I woke up and the scale didn't budge. I was okay with that though considering I have a pretty big loss the day before. I'm still under 130 so I'm happy about that.

The full body workout was fine. I was tired (I slept really poorly last night) and my muscles were tired but I took each rep and each set slow and was able to finish the whole thing. I didn't do any LISS today because honestly I'm just too tired for that at the moment.

I'm nervous about tomorrow. We're getting pizza at work and I'm not sure how to handle that situation. I know it seems like a silly thing to stress over but I've been trying to decide what to do. I know myself and I know that I have very poor self control when I'm in group settings and see people having fun and drinking and eating yummy foods. This is why I've become somewhat of a hermit as of late and haven't been going out to happy hours because I don't trust myself to just sit there and drink water and eat celery sticks while everyone else drinks beers and eats wings or whatever it may be. So for tomorrow I'm trying to decide if I should have a Free Meal and eat the pizza with the rest of my co-workers and then resume RFL immediately after (dinner, etc) OR if I should pack my usually salad/grilled chicken and just eat that alone. I'm wondering how much of an impact the pizza will have on my progress. I only have a week before my Memorial Day weekend deadline so I know every day counts. I'm wondering if I should have a Free Meal tomorrow and skip a refeed this weekend OR if I should skip the Free Meal and do a refeed OR if I should just skip both give the time constraint?

I guess I will pack a lunch and will see what happens tomorrow. It's going to be me versus me. No one is going to force me to eat pizza if I don't want to. So I guess I just need to be extra motivated and remind myself of my goals if I want to stay on track and reach them before next Thursday.
Unread 05-20-2016, 05:09 PM

Day 11

Workout: none

No weight change, again. Sticking points are starting to become a trend for me. I'm still under 130 which is great but I don't think it's going to last because...

I went ahead and ate pizza as a Free Meal for lunch today. I wasn't sure if I was going to do it and I even packed a RFL friendly lunch, but in the end I decided to go ahead and use it as a free meal. It's Friday after all, right? I'm hoping the Free Meal doesn't hinder my progress tooooooo much and I'm hoping it will jump start the scale again.

I didn't calculate my total macros today but I hit the rest of my protein requirements by eating RFL foods (egg whites for breakfast, ground turkey for dinner, tuna for snack, etc).

All in all, I'm feeling so much leaner now than I was before starting RFL. I still haven't gotten a tape measure yet to properly measure my inches but my clothes (especially pants) feel so much loser on me and I can see my oblique ab definition popping through again so that's all good.

No workouts today. Tomorrow I will likely get some LISS in while running errands and then Sunday I'll do a full body workout.

I'm feeling OK about my progress thus far. It's easy for me to RFL when I'm alone but I'm finding it very hard to stay compliant once I'm put in any type of social setting. Still, I'd rather sacrifice my social life now so that I will look and feel good about my body once summer officially starts.
Unread 05-21-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl046 View Post
Day 11

No weight change, again. Sticking points are starting to become a trend for me. I'm still under 130 which is great but I don't think it's going to last because...
What sticking point? You've only been at the same weight for three days. Also, I don't know if you realize this, but most digital scales record the same weight if the next reading differs from the current one by +/- 0.5 lb.
Unread 05-23-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
What sticking point? You've only been at the same weight for three days. Also, I don't know if you realize this, but most digital scales record the same weight if the next reading differs from the current one by +/- 0.5 lb.
Ah I didn't know that about scales, thanks for the insight Ryker
Unread 05-23-2016, 06:59 AM

Update

Very busy weekend. I'll resume posting tonight.

I'm still doing RFL, though I wasn't able to weigh myself the past two mornings because I was staying at a friend's place. 3.5 days until my Memorial Day beach weekend begins. Let's go!
Unread 05-23-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
To combat this I often weigh myself first with a heavy object in hand (only needs to be 2+ pounds or so to make a difference). Then I get rid of it and weigh myself again.

Now the scale resets itself and the weight displayed is accurate (or as accurate as it could be).
Unread 05-23-2016, 05:55 PM

Day 12

Weight: --

Protein: 121
Fat: 8
Carbs: 18
Cals: 668

Workout: full body workout

No morning weigh in today because I haven't been home in two days and I didn't have a scale at my disposal. I did weigh myself after the gym (and after two meals) and was 130.8 this evening for whatever that's worth.

Today was good. I hit my protein goal but was a little high on the carbs. Looking over my fitnesspal, it looks like I'll need to nix the teriyaki sauce and look for another lower carb option. I'm going to look over the recipe section and see if I can find another tasty way to cook my chicken breast. Otherwise, I might use that Mexican shredded chicken recipe again since I really enjoyed that.

I did a full body workout and felt good overall. I took everything slow and really concentrated on my form. Afterwards, I did some abs and then walked the long way home because it was so beautiful out.

I'm going to try and get to bed early tonight. I did NOT sleep well last night (tossing and turning for two hours before I finally fell asleep ) I feel such a difference (especially on RFL) when I get at least 8 hours of good sleep so I'm aiming for that tonight.
Unread 05-24-2016, 05:01 PM

Day 13

Weight: 130lbs (--, -4)

Protein: 119
Cals: 689

I weighed in at 130 this morning. I only have 1.5 days before my Memorial Day beach weekend begins so at this point I'm focused more on how I look and feel than what the number on the scale says. And, all things considered, I feel really good. I'm less bloated and puffy than I was when I started RFL and my clothes are fitting so much better. I feel leaner and tighter overall and can definitely tell that I've lost some inches around my waist. I'll be happy if I start my weekend under 130 and I think it's totally possible if I have a great RFL today tomorrow and a clean, low carb/low fat breakfast and lunch before I leave on Thursday.

Mentally and physically I was EXHAUSTED today. I had some unexpected personal drama last night that I had to deal with and it kept me up till 1AM so needless to say I was a walking zombie today. When I got home from work I was just so tired and drained and really, really hungry. It was almost as if my exhaustion exasperated my hunger pains. The interesting part is that I was so aware of the effect. So instead of thinking "I'm so hungry and I'm too tired to cook let me order take out," I thought to myself "let me take a nap and recharge my batteries."

So that's exactly what I did. I took a 45 min nap and then woke up and whipped up my RFL friendly meals, including the Mexican shredded chicken (I swear this stuff is so delicious it feels like I'm not even dieting when I'm eating it). I felt a million times better after the nap and even felt sort of accomplished that I was able to stay on track and differentiate the hunger vs fatigue message that my body was telling me. So yeah, I thought that was a pretty cool thing to share.
Unread 05-25-2016, 07:13 PM

Day 14

Weight: 129.4lbs (-0.6, -4.6)

Protein: 119
Cals: 689

Weighed in at 129.4 this morning, which I'm happy about. I'm hoping I lose a bit more tomorrow morning but I'd be ok if I didn't. I feel good about how I look going into this weekend.

I basically ate the same exact meals as I ate yesterday.

No gym working but I did a lot of walking around while running errands this afternoon.

I leave tomorrow for my long beach weekend so I won't be posting for a few days. I'm going to take a break from RFL while away but will likely resume the diet plan once I return.