BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 03-11-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squat View Post
For poaching chicken, try and have your broth a bit salty, just shy of the ocean, and try throwing in spices.

Sachet, or loose and strained out, try any spice. Sky's the limit. You can poach lean chicken til it gets real tender. You should do it around 180-200 degrees, F. And it could taste like anything. Try poaching it in chicken stock, and recycling the jus. You can magnify that chicken flavor. Conventionally chicken flavored; thyme, peppercorns, garlic, coriander, onion, celery, carrot, turmeric, sage, a little chili, fennel seed.

Things like this... You can take a hint from the philippines and make your own adobo, utilizing vinegar to braise, if you ever want a cooking project.

Or, you could go the southwest/american way, and poach breasts in chipotle peppers, cumin/coriander/fennel, etc.

You can make salsa verde with tomatillos, or some salsa with tomatoes. Just a bit of fresh sauce, if you need. These cuisines are light and lean. Just puree tomatillo with some aromatics, cilantro, and chilis.

Just some blanket unsolicited RFL cooking advice.
Wow thanks so much squat!! Definitely going to use these tips next time I attempt to poach chicken.
Unread 03-11-2017, 09:10 AM

Day 5

Weight: 128.4lbs (-0.2,-2.6)

Protein: --
Fat: --
Carbs: --
Cals: ---
** (doesn't include supplements and veggies)

Workout: none

I had my first not great RFL day yesterday (Day 5). Breakfast and lunch were good but after work I went to a farwell dinner party for a friend who's moving across the country and I got off track - cocktails, salmon (but cooked in oil), and some fries. I wasn't planning to stay so long and eat and drink those foods but I got caught up in the moment so I'm just going to write it off as a free meal/day whatever and keep moving forward. I have 6 more days until I leave for my trip and nothing in my schedule from now until then to throw me off track again so I have confidence in myself I can finish strong.

Sleep was pretty awful last night. Lots of tossing and turning and getting up in the middle of the night to pee, etc. I'm just going to take it easy today, nap, clean, and prep some RFL foods for the week ahead. Hope you all have a lovely weekend!!
Unread 03-12-2017, 02:08 PM

Day 6

Weight: 129.2lbs (+0.8, -1.8)

Protein: 146
Fat: 20
Carbs: 16
Cals: 829

So my scale weight went up after my night out with friends, which was expected given the cocktails and extra carbs and fat, but it wasn't as high as I thought it would be. Anyway, I was back on track for Day 6. I made the Mexican shredded chicken recipe that I found on the forums (you can scroll back a few pages for the link, I also made it last year when I did RFL) and I ate that for lunch a dinner. For breakfast, I switched it up and made egg whites and ff cheese and a tooon of veggies. Fat was on the high side because I treated myself to a big 'ol Slim Jim for a snack!

Sleep was much better. I slept about 9 restful hours.
Unread 03-13-2017, 07:28 AM

Day 7

Weight: 128.8lbs (-0.4, -2.2)

Protein: ---
Fat: --
Carbs: --
Cals: ---

Workout: full body workout

So the good news: My scale weight went down and I'm back down in the 128's.

The not so good news: I didn't have the best RFL day yesterday. I had all the intentions of staying on track but the restaurant we had planned to go to for lunch closed and in an anxiety-ridden, hunger-driven panic I chose to eat a kale and quinoa salad with a few too many (good) fat grams and carb grams. I then ate a luna bar and, as a result, my macros were all f-ed up yesterday. I'm disappointed but moving forward.

I have 4.5 days until I leave for my trip so I'm dialing in on everything until then.

Sleep last night was awful. I got into bed at 9pm but was tossing and turning and getting up to pee until 11pm. I was so annoyed. Waking up on a Monday morning the day after daylight savings was also the worst.
Unread 03-14-2017, 08:26 AM

Day 8

Weight: 129.6lbs (+0.8, -1.4)

Protein: 148
Fat: 10
Carbs: 15
Cals: 750

Scale weight went up, but that was expected given the extra cals/carbs/fat again...

Day 8 was really good. Hit my protein and kept fat/carbs low. I made my 99% ff turkey burgers again and they were delicious. For other meals I had grilled chicken, super low fat turkey deli slices, and protein shakes.

Sleep was ok. I got up 4-5 times to pee before I actually fell asleep. I'm going to do some research/forum searching to see how I can minimize this. I tried drinking less water before bed but that doesn't seem to be working. I still got about 8 hours of sleep, but the constant getting up to use the bathroom before I actually fall asleep is getting annoying.
Unread 03-15-2017, 07:47 AM

Day 9

Weight: 127.8lbs (-1.8, -3.2)

Protein: 146
Fat: 13
Carbs: 19
Cals: 782

Woohoo! Down 3.2lbs over night! That's my biggest scale drop yet.

Day 9 was good. We got hit with a snow storm so I worked from home, which was nice because I was able to make a legit breakfast. I made egg whites with ff cheese and a toooon of veggies and then treated myself to some Canadian bacon. I say *treated* because it was so tasty, but it was actually RFL friendly too. 1.5g f/1g c/10g p per serving. For other meals I stuck to turkey slices, pickles, a protein shake, cucumber slices, and then later my 99% ff turkey burgers.

Overall, I'm feeling good - my clothes feel looser and I'm feeling lighter, energized, and surprisingly not that hungry. I'm still only taking one half dose of ec stack in the mornings. I don't feel like I need anymore that that at the moment.

Sleep was OK last night. It didn't take too long for me to fall asleep this time, though I did get up at 2AM to pee. All in all, I think I got about 7 hours of sleep though so I can't complain.
Unread 03-15-2017, 11:11 AM

nice progress. going by the last post, I sure don't miss being in the north east anymore
Unread 03-16-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1cked View Post
nice progress. going by the last post, I sure don't miss being in the north east anymore
Thanks for the encouragement, w1cked! Much appreciated. (And, yeah... I am over winter at this point )
Unread 03-16-2017, 08:41 AM

Day 10

Weight: 128.4lbs (+.06, -2.6)

Protein: 142
Fat: 14
Carbs: 17
Cals: 761

Workout: full body workout

So my scale weight went up...despite me staying on track with my macros and getting in all my supps the day before. My best guess is that it's just a result of natural water weight changes related to my TOM. I'm not really discouraged my the number on the scale because I'm feeling so much lighter and tighter and my clothes are noticeably looser (especially pants).

So day 10 was pretty good...although I think I jinxed myself with my day 9 post yesterday morning because not soon after that I hit a major midday slump. I felt really drained and fatigued. I think it had a lot to do with my interrupted sleep the night before. I'm pretty sensitive to that. If I don't get enough "good" rest I find that I struggle with fatigue the next day. But, alas, I pushed through, ate all my RFL foods, got all my supps in, and did a full body workout.

Sleep last night was splendid. 9 full, uninterpreted hours of glorious sleep.
Unread 03-17-2017, 11:35 AM

Day 11

Weight: 127.4lbs (-1.0, -3.6)

Protein: 161
Fat: 15
Carbs: 19
Cals: 866

Down -3.6lbs after 11 full days of RFL. I think that's pretty good, especially given that I'm a 5'4 woman and it can be harder to lose!

Overall, I'm very happy with my results and the way I'm feeling at the moment (lighter & tighter). I'm so happy that I chose to do RFL before my vacation. I HIGHLY recommend this program to others. If you break it down, RFL is a pretty simple plan. The toughest part for me was the mental aspect and staying on track in the face of temptation (i.e. in social situations).

Going forward, I'm going to enjoy myself on vacation this week. Then after that I'll likely move into a flexing eating plan and continue to workout so that I'll be really ready for summer.