BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > Logs > Logging your progress
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 08-15-2016, 06:06 PM

Day 6 Complete

1803 Calories/186g Protein
EC Stack: 3x16mg/200mg
Gym: Full body

Another day down and I'm able to eat a little more than usual. Nothing to report. One more low calorie day, then I get my weigh in and I can see what has happened.

Sticking with 16/200 EC stack until I have a day to test out 20/200 and make sure I'm not jittery in front of a client.
Unread 08-16-2016, 08:08 PM

Day 7 Complete

1325 Calories/181g Protein
No Gym

First week done. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning for a better number. Nothing to report - everything with the EC stack is working fine.

Tomorrow: moving to a week of moderate deficit. I'll give 20/200 a try on the EC stack.
Unread 08-17-2016, 07:00 AM

Weigh in day

Week 0: 86.95kg (191.7lbs)
Week 1: 82.80kg (182.5lbs) -4.15kg/-9.2lbs

A very good start. Even though I knew I was full of water (sodium) when I started this journal, a lot more came off than expected.

Week 2 beings where I'll have a more moderate deficit, which will allow me to do more volume at the gym.
Unread 08-17-2016, 07:06 PM

Day 8 Complete

1803 Calories/184g Protein
EC Stack: 3x20mg/200mg
No Gym

This is the starting of the moderate deficit week. Tried the 20/200 EC stack today with no noticeable side effects. Though I find breaking a 8mg tablet in half with a knife to be wasteful. I seem to end up with 1/2 piece, 1/3 piece and the rest is crushed powder.

The increase in calories is nice. With those increased calories I'll return to my original sequence of gym schedule of off, on, off, on, etc. I'll still be doing full body, but with more volume than my low calorie week.

Nothing much to report. I can see why someone people update weekly, though the daily does keep my accountable. If I didn't journal today, I probably would have stopped at 165g of protein.

----

Speaking of EC, I've been generally pleased with the lack of side effects I experience. That was my biggest concern with getting it. I picked up two bottles of 50 tables of 8mg (so I have 800mg) of ephedrine.

I'll have a better idea over more time how helpful it has been for me, but I think I've definitely warranted another purchase. The store I buy from online sells them in 12, 24 and 36 bottle packs. I think they know what people are using this 'oral nasal decongestant' for lol. It's also nice to know I can get it in 1-2 business days to my door.
Unread 08-18-2016, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion009 View Post
Day 8 Complete

Tried the 20/200 EC stack today with no noticeable side effects. Though I find breaking a 8mg tablet in half with a knife to be wasteful. I seem to end up with 1/2 piece, 1/3 piece and the rest is crushed powder.
I highly recommend a good pill splitter. Saves wasting half a dose everyday!
Unread 08-18-2016, 06:40 PM

Day 9 Complete

2200 Calories/172g Protein
EC Stack: 2x20mg/200mg, 1x16mg/200mg
Gym full body

Another day in. I did two EC stacks at 20mg of ephedrine, but honestly not happy with the cutting of it - and it turning into powder.

Nothing to report. The last two nights I've had bad sleeps. I believe it's more related to the weather. I'm hoping for a good one tonight.

---

tellurium, that's a good idea. I didn't think of it.
Unread 08-19-2016, 08:23 PM

Day 10 Complete

1800 Calories/181g Protein
Gym Off, Tennis

Another day done. I also finished one (of my two) bottles of ephedrine. So I got 10 days out of it, and the next bottle (at 16mg/serving) will be done in 8. So I'll need to stock up this week because next weekend I'm out.

Other than that. Diet going as planned and pure mechanical routine at this point. Though I'd love to eat more. My body always wants more.

In all honesty, I'll be pretty happy when I can do some sort of minor bulk. Hell, I'd settle for a less calorie counted maintenance at this point. The 'mechanical routine' is very good for consistency and getting good results, but it can make days mundane and the deficit always leave me less than full (literally and figuratively).

Anyway, life... and what one has to do for goals.
Unread 08-20-2016, 05:14 AM

I know your feels... I've been 'cutting' for an eternity so I can start eating around or a little over maintenance and put some muscle/strength. What comforts me is knowing that (at least in theory) losing fat is a lot simpler and faster than gaining lean mass, so it should be over soon.
Unread 08-20-2016, 08:10 PM

Day 11 Complete

~3000 Calories/Not Enough Protein
EC Stack: 2x16mg/200mg
Gym: Full body

A little off track today. I went out to a restaurant with my girlfriend. So I just treated it more as a cheat day. Felt good though. Lots of carbs and not enough in the way of protein. This is like the first time in a while I've had french fries. Carby salty goodness.

I haven't been feeling the best over the last few days. I think it's becoming more obvious that the EC stack is having an effect on my sleep. I thought maybe it was weather related and how hot my bedroom can get, but I'm suffering from it even on cooler nights. I skipped my third EC does today because I want to sleep... I need to sleep. I'm going to start documenting my last EC dose time, so I can at least correlate it with my sleep.

Hoping for a good sleep tonight as I'm just too tired, but tonight and tomorrow are hot ones.

Other than that. Back to the plan. I'm debating whether I go back to low calorie next week. As effective as the low calorie week is for results (well, I really need to try it a few more times to be sure), it's just that crappy grind. It's just been on my nerves more as of late. Probably just a down week with this sleeping issue.

I also need to figure out how to eat normal. This is the first time in my journey of weight loss where the end is close. The indefinite deficit will come to an end. From what I know about myself and weight loss I've done in the past, if I'm not working toward something, I'm working against myself. Meaning, if I'm not losing weight - I'm gaining weight. If I'm not on a regimented slow bulk - I'm gaining weight. If I'm not monitoring my calories constantly for maintenance - I'm gaining weight.

I don't know if anyone else experiences this issue, but I learned a long time ago that if I want to reach goals and do a good job, I can't live in the 'should of' 'could of' world. What that means is that I should be able to maintain weight without meticulous calorie counting, but I realize that isn't the real world for me and it doesn't serve me.

But it still annoys me that I can't take a week or two off from myfitnesspal without my weight going up.

Anyway, I'm ranting. Constructively, I need to figure out how to eat somewhat normal (ie: maintenance, but not regimentally enforced).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke94
I know your feels... I've been 'cutting' for an eternity so I can start eating around or a little over maintenance and put some muscle/strength. What comforts me is knowing that (at least in theory) losing fat is a lot simpler and faster than gaining lean mass, so it should be over soon.
That's the saving grace. The home stretch.
Unread 08-22-2016, 10:18 AM

Day 12 Complete

~2200 Calories/Not Sure
EC Stack: 2x16mg/200mg
Off Day

Another day where I wasn't as strict as I should be. I've been in this downer mood as of late and I've figured out it is sleep. Why? Because I got a good night of sleep last night and I feel better - more optimistic about things in my life. Lack of sleep definitely causes issues.

Even though I was a little off the rails, I did try to keep the calories somewhat reasonable (slight deficit). I chose more satisfying food, instead of protein consumption. I know my protein was much improved, but not up to what it should be.

If anyone is curious how I know sleep helped. The idea of doing a low calorie week scared me. I just wasn't up for it. Had a good sleep and now I'm all bring on the low calorie.