BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > Guide to Flexible Dieting
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 09-21-2016, 01:36 AM

Default Constipation during PSMF

Dear Lyle,

after reading your „Guide to Flexible Dieting“ I decided to start a PSMF myself for a total duration of 4 weeks. My stats are 31yr old male, 5ft10, 195 lbs, 18% bf. I am now 3 days into the PSMF and have noticed severe constipation (haven’t been to toilet once in those 3 days). I know that in general I have a sensitive digestion and can be prone to constipation if I don’t watch my diet. For now I have taken a few measures, even though they might not be 100% “clean” under the PSMF regime:
- Drink glass of water with two spoons apple cider vinegar every morning and every evening
- Add some seeds (e.g. flaxseeds, sesame seeds) into the veggie portion of my meals
- Add some beet root into the veggie portion of my meals
- Ensure plenty of fiber intake during the refeed (due today): oats, seeds, grapefruit

I would be interested to hear what you think of those measures and what you would advise to do?

thanks and best regards from Switzerland,
Andreas
Unread 09-21-2016, 02:34 AM
Banned

Sometimes I experience the same. High protein makes your... ehm... digestive 'output' pretty robust. If you are in severe pain or discomfort you can always try some laxative substances. Sugar alcohols have this effect as well.
Unread 09-21-2016, 10:20 AM

Psyllium Husk. Seriously. Get the little pills. They're super cheap and they make me more regular doing RFL than my normal regularity when not dieting. Take 6 pills with a lot of water and you should be having a nice poop the next day. From personal experience, whatever mealtime I take it around, I will poop 2 meal times later (take it in the morning, poop at night. Take it at lunch, poop next morning etc)
Unread 12-15-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
Psyllium Husk. Seriously. Get the little pills.
I can second the pills. I take only 3 daily though. Also, it takes about 1-2 weeks to see the full effect.

However, I also experienced a few problems with the pills alone. Poop tends to be big but since I was eating too little, there isn't much to poop frequently, so then it's just hard to poop as usual. However, when I combine the pills with Greek Yogurt (non-fat for macro), it's a god supplement. Poop without effort. It's glorious.

So if the pills don't work for you, try yogurt.
Unread 12-25-2016, 10:56 AM

Cheap forms of magnesium will also soften your stool.
Unread 12-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Administrator

You don'tproduce as much waste in general on such a diet. Protein is enormously well digested, carbs produce most of the residue we poo

So.....