BodyRecomposition Support Forums  

Go Back   BodyRecomposition Support Forums > My products > UD 2.0
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unread 10-12-2016, 04:45 AM

Default New, some question before starting.

Hi

I'm about to try a month (or two depends on result) on Lyle Mcdonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0. I do have some question before i start, hope you can help:

Page 57,Day 1 and 2, training. How heavy should the weight be? The same all sets? (i.e 70%?)
I'm planning doing a regular 2 split with some 3x15 exercise.

Fish oil. The book doesn't say how much, i think 3 grams a day as regular?

Carbs.. My calculation says i need around 70 grams on low carbs days. Is it okay, to eat them all at once? I.e at dinner? I like doing low carb high fat during my morning and lunch, and have a proper meal with the family at night. Or do i crash my bloodsugar by doing that?

Protein.. 200 grams i a hell of a lot, when i'm only able to get 40 grams of fat during the day. How do you do it? Shakes? Tuna-can or what?

Anything else i'm missing? Please also look, and comment, the spreadsheet.

Have a nice day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg UD 2.0.JPG (60.8 KB, 16 views)
Unread 10-12-2016, 08:22 AM

1. I believe the recommendation is somewhere between 50%-70% of 1rm. I've found that even this weight is unmanageable on the second depletion day. I think the key is to make sure you can hit all 15 reps while keeping the slow pace without stopping in the middle of your set.
2. No idea on the actual amount. I take 10 normal caps a day... I remember reading that that was the appropriate dose somewhere.
3. 70g of carbs really isn't that much, especially given the fact that this diet is also low in fat. I don't ever allow myself to eat a primary carb source on diet days, and I still end up somewhere around 50-60g most days. Remember, the goal is glycogen depletion, so you don't want to be replenishing your glycogen by eating any substantial amount of carbs after a workout.
4. Seriously, forget all notions of eating normally on this diet because it's not going to happen.
Acceptable foods:
Chicken breast
Lean Turkey
Fish
Lean cuts of meat
Egg whites
Protein powder
Lean deli meats
Some greek yogurts (watch carb content)
Some cottage cheeses
Fat free cheese
Vegetables

Take the pain in stride on the diet days, and you will be well rewarded during the refeed.
Unread 10-13-2016, 01:41 AM

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
Definite sorted some things out
Unread 10-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysiologyIsPhun View Post
somewhere between 50%-70% of 1rm.
70%? Seriously? If you're following the protocol and perform your 15 reps in a slow manner (60 seconds), you're definitely not getting 70% of your 1RM. Maybe your very first set on your very first day will be about 65%, but everyone who has performed depletion training correctly have noticed the weight dropping to 40-50% of 1RM.

In the end it doesn't matter that much. Just apply the protocol and give it your all each and every set.
Unread 10-14-2016, 09:27 AM

Yeah, I thought 70% seemed high. Couldn't remember the exact number. 70% definitely isn't sustainable for more than a set or two on the very first day. Really, it all comes down to how much you can destroy yourself during these two days. If I had to put numbers to my typical setup on this, I'd say first day I start with 60% and have to drop to 50% by the third set. Usually get two sets at 50% and drop to 40%. Second day, I can get 1 around 60% and then 2 or so at 50% and end up finishing around 40%. The best advice I ever heard about this kind of workout is use the highest weight you can manage to keep your slow tempo and hit all the reps with. If you can't keep the tempo or hit the reps, reduce the weight.
Unread 10-15-2016, 01:54 AM

i start off trying 60% of max, maybe i have to regulate it
I have made this schedule, how does that sound? I workout in a home gym, and "only" have a squatrack and a pulldown machine.
Deplate is a 2-split:
Chest/Shoulder/Back & Legs/arms

Warm-up not including (2 set for each exercise)

Monday:
Bench 3x12
Incline Bench 3x12
Rows 3x12
Pulldown 3x12
Military press 3x12
Lateral Raise 3x12

Tuesday
Squat 3x12
Deadlift 3x12
Front Squat 3x12
Biceps (some curls) 2x12
Triceps (French press) 2x12
Calves 3x15

Thursday
Squat 2x6-12
Frontsquat 2x6-12
Deadlift 2x6-12
Rows 2x6-12
Bench 2x6-12
Flyers 2x6-12
Military Press 2x6-12
Front Raise 2x6-12
Biceps 2x6-12
Triceps 2x6-12

Saturday (Supersets)
Squat 2x3-6
Calves 2x3-6

Bench 2x3-6
Rows 2x3-6

Incline Bench 2x3-6
Pulldown 2x3-6

Frontsquat 2x3-6

Military press 2x3-6
Rear Lateral 2x3-6

Biceps 2x3-6
Triceps 2x3-6
Unread 10-15-2016, 02:56 AM
Banned

Your workout schedule looks horrible in at least 45 places. Did you even read the book?
Unread 10-15-2016, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semipartial View Post
Your workout schedule looks horrible in at least 45 places. Did you even read the book?
Yeah, i have read the book..
Please inlighten me, where the mistake is?
Monday+tuesday
I have build it up, like a 2 split (like the book say on page 57 - middle)
Alternately, you can split the depletion across two days. There are several possible splits
to use. Chest/back/shoulders on Day 1 and legs/arms/abs on day 2 is one good option. This puts
all the work for the shoulder girdle on one day, and pairs the exhausting leg workout (high rep/short rest legs is just brutal) with the less energy intensive arms on day 2.

Also:
Make sure for large
bodyparts like chest and back that you select exercises which hit different angles. So flat and
incline bench for chest; rows and pulldowns for back, that sort of thing.

And:
3 sets of 12-15 with a 1 minute rest

I mean my training include that, basic exercise, 3x12-15 reps (I type 12, if i can pull 15, i do that of course)

Thursday:
Page 61
Your goal during this workout is sets of 6-12 reps which should be somewhere between 70 and 85% of your 1 repetition maximum...
Pick at most two exercises for legs, chest, back and shoulders, and only one exercise for arms (or two exercises worked for one set each). Not including warmup sets, you'll be doing 4 sets for legs, chest, back, and shoulders and 2 sets for arms.

I also mean i include that in my workout?
2 exercise for leg (Squat and front squat)
2 for back (Deadlift and rows)
2 for chest (Bench and flyers)
2 for shoulders (Military and front raise)
1 for biceps (Curls)
1 for triceps (french press)
All is 2x6-12.

Saturday:
Page 69
For joint safety, you should pick basic, compound exercises such as squats (or front squats
or deadlifts), bench and incline presses, rows (bent over or machine) and pulldowns or chins for
back, shoulder presses or upright rows for shoulders, and barbell curls and close grip bench
presses for arms. At most two exercises per bodypart is sufficient, although arms should only
need one. This should give you 4-6 heavy sets for legs, chest, back and shoulders, and 2-3 for
arms
I also think i include that? Heavy compound exercise, supersetting 2x3-6?

Please let me hear your thought? And, english isn't my first language, so i apologize for the gramma
Unread 10-18-2016, 07:47 PM

Yes, brilliant plan. Deplete using squats and deadlifts, what could go wrong
Unread 10-18-2016, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Please inlighten me, where the mistake is?
Well, just off the top of my head the book does say you need to do 10-12 sets per bodypart for your depletion work. Not 3.

Lyle lists as his favorite doing full body - 6 sets for each body part Monday and 6 sets for each body part Tuesday.

Another suggestion in the book was to use machines due to how fast you can change the weight and keep going. The idea of squatting and deadlifting, on low calories, doing depletion work just makes my body shake thinking of it.